Does anyone take chasteberry solely for relieving PMS symptoms? I searched through the archives but most people seem to take it if they're ttc. I'm not ttc I just don't want to feel like I want to kill some one prior to getting my period (slight exaggeration but only slight ) I got some halfway through my last cycle and started taking one/day and I definitely felt more even keeled. But I have no idea if I should take it every day to keep my hormones stabilized or if I should only take it within a week or two of when I think I'll be getting my period. And what dose do you take if you take it? I'm currently taking 400 mg/day. And is it safe to take long term? Thanks for any advice you can give me.
- categoryHealth Healing
Related Forum Threads
- seizures in the sun Last post on Today at 4:33 am in Health and Healing
- Post-surgery -- how do I get 21 month old to DRINK??? Last post on Yesterday at 2:58 pm in Health and Healing
- Toddler healing from an E. coli bacterial infection Last post on 6/15/13 at 12:34pm in Health and Healing
- How to stock my natural medicine cabinet Last post on 6/15/13 at 11:22am in Health and Healing
- Natural iron supplement for 10-week-old Last post on 6/14/13 at 10:35am in Health and Healing
Chasteberry for PMS management
I've used it more for stabilizing cycles. I would imagine it might help for PMS. I think it is a balancing herb, so if something was 'off' about your hormones it should help. You also might want to get a thyroid test to make sure you are not off that way too. That can cause irritability.
I've never heard of it for PMS. A B6 supplement has been a God-send for PMS/PMDD for many. Taking a B-complex and then additional B6 to bring you to 150mg/day seems to do the trick for most (some have to go to 200mg in second half of the month). Seems to simple to work, but I can attest.
There's a very long thread on this in the Mental Health forum. Saved my marriage and my sanity.
vitex/chasteberry totally helped with my PMS and bad hormonal acne. i took it as i was weaning of birth control pills for the last time, and it made me feel balanced and my cycles jumped back to normal immediately. it supposed to take about three months to kick in. if you do some research you'll see a couple of German studies showing its positive influence on PMS symptoms. i second the b vitamin post above as well!
Yup... here ya go! It's a loooooooong one! http://www.mothering.com/community/t/993349/life-w-pmdd-severe-pms-support
Thanks for all the replies! A friend told me it helped balance her moods so I wanted to try it, but I couldn't find a lot of info on the web or here to determine if it would actually help for that. And I couldn't find info on whether women took it daily or not. And to clarify, I'm actually taking 80 mg/day not 400. Not sure why I was so off on the dose. I'm going to check out that thread.
- › Yahoo CEO banned work from home then built a nursery for her... 4 minutes ago
- › Really awful nausea?? 6 minutes ago
- › New on here and saying hello! 8 minutes ago
- › What are "dealbreakers" when it comes to your kids' friends' home... 8 minutes ago
- › New to the site 12 minutes ago
- › Belly shots 12 minutes ago
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 23 minutes ago
- › ADHD - issues with respectful behaviour. 25 minutes ago
- › Reasons for not vaccinating children? 40 minutes ago
- › Postpartum chat 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Organic Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash,... by hmiller
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by hmiller
- › Angel Baby Bottom Balm - 2oz by hmiller
- › Badger Baby Oil 4oz Glass Bottle by fayebond
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by fayebond
- › LuSa Organics Hey You. Shoo. by fayebond
- › Nurture My Body Natural Baby Shampoo and Body Wash Fragrance Free by fayebond
- › Baby Bee Fragrance Free Shampoo and Wash - 12 oz - Liquid by fayebond
- › Calendula Cream 2oz by Anires Relheo
- › SAFETY 1ST 10435 NAIL CLIPPERS by Anires Relheo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering Bath and... by Cynthia Mosher