or Connect
Mothering › Groups › February 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Guilty food confessions, or, the baby made me eat it. :)

Guilty food confessions, or, the baby made me eat it. :) - Page 3

post #41 of 85

i like that oreos are vegan. but i haven't wanted anything like that so far.

 

a lot of cucumbers, orange juice, gala apple juice via my juicer, thick coconut curries, pad thai, baked sweet potatoes, and watermelon. oh, juicy delicious watermelon.

post #42 of 85

I've been eating a ridiculous amount of sunflower seeds. I get the roasted unsalted ones at Trader Joe's and put my own sea salt on them. YUM!

post #43 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post

i like that oreos are vegan. but i haven't wanted anything like that so far.

 

a lot of cucumbers, orange juice, gala apple juice via my juicer, thick coconut curries, pad thai, baked sweet potatoes, and watermelon. oh, juicy delicious watermelon.

vegan, and totally unhealthy! I haven't had one in at least two years. instead I made myself some peanut butter banana chia seed pudding. no extra sweetener needed and craving solved. :) 

 

I'm with you on cucumbers, oranges, and sweet potatoes. I've been eating at least a salad a day because I can't get enough fresh veggies. Soon enough we'll be left with just local root veggies 'til due date, so I'm eating my fill of the last "summer" produce while I can. I had pumpkin steel cut oats this morning, though, in honor of fall ;)

post #44 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by josie423 View Post

I've been eating a ridiculous amount of sunflower seeds. I get the roasted unsalted ones at Trader Joe's and put my own sea salt on them. YUM!

that sounds so good! I'm happy it's pumpkin seed season :)

post #45 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by waywornwanderer View Post

vegan, and totally unhealthy! I haven't had one in at least two years. instead I made myself some peanut butter banana chia seed pudding. no extra sweetener needed and craving solved. :) 

 

I'm with you on cucumbers, oranges, and sweet potatoes. I've been eating at least a salad a day because I can't get enough fresh veggies. Soon enough we'll be left with just local root veggies 'til due date, so I'm eating my fill of the last "summer" produce while I can. I had pumpkin steel cut oats this morning, though, in honor of fall ;)


oh i cannot wait until pumpkins and squash are ready! butternut squash, and acorn squash- so good with earth balance and brown sugar.

 

i am deathly allergic to chia seeds! i had them once and went immediately to emergency room. so awful. so many good things to make with them, but alas.

i'm doing veganmofo on my blog, so it will motivate me to get into gear for seasonal veggies. we've already had our first frost, so i lost a lot of herbs so early.

post #46 of 85

I've been eating sauerkraut on everything. Also vinegar. I usually make a salad with dinner and end up trying to get all my food to share in the salad dressing.

Pumpkin steal cut oats sound amazing! I've been craving oatmeal recently and that's a great idea!!

Sweet tooth is also here in full force. I'm going along with it-- the only thing that keeps me from going crazy with it is that I'm dairy-free so I can't just buy every muffin that I see.

post #47 of 85

And kellybeth I also cannot get enough of earth balance. I usually buy the whipped version. Egg noodles and earth balance? Heaven.

post #48 of 85

bumping this up!

 

i've been baking a lot of scones and cookies! i have been posting pics and recipes every day on my blog too, which has been fun.

stillheart.gif

post #49 of 85

French fries.. from... McDonalds... So guilty! whistling.gif

post #50 of 85

wings- as often as the husband picks them up, i fry up wings and a few fries and make myself a fried food basket.  extra spicy.

 

i didn't get MS so ate all through this pregnancy.  

 

sorbets are my favorite thing right now- i make a mango/lime/vanilla sorbet w/ frozen mangos from Trader Joes.... soo good.  anything mango!!!

or chocolate, though there's not much on hand.  

 

i've been ridiculously good this pregnancy!  i think b/c i'm not seeing my midwife (i've seen her once and will see her again in a month)i'm uber-aware that this is all on me and i don't want to risk NOT doing it right!

 

homemade ice cream

chocolate chip scones

cakes cakes cakes

pumpkin breads

post #51 of 85

Cake. ALL of the cakes.

 

Also Campino Yogurt Gummies - the raspberry ones are my favorite.

post #52 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by kellybeth View Post

bumping this up!

 

i've been baking a lot of scones and cookies! i have been posting pics and recipes every day on my blog too, which has been fun.

stillheart.gif

Did you already share your blog?  I want to see photos of yummy baked goods!

post #53 of 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chloe'sMama View Post

Did you already share your blog?  I want to see photos of yummy baked goods!


since it's my business blog i wasn't sure if i'm allowed to share it on mdc. i don't keep a personal blog. i guess i can take my chances since it's only food porn. eyesroll.gif

http://twigandleafbotanicals.tumblr.com/

post #54 of 85

Kellybeth- you have been busy baking!  Everything looks so so yummy.  My DH made pumpkin bread the other day and it was so yummy!  I need to back off the baked goods though, I have gained like 3 lbs this week.  YIKES.

 

Thank you for sharing!

post #55 of 85

I shouldn't have looked at your blog, Kelly!! Lol! I've also been craving baked goods. I have some grain-free coffee cake in the oven for b-fast right now!

post #56 of 85

new addiction .....  french onion dip made from tofutti sour cream - i can't have dairy  (makes me horribly ill after i cut it out for my last baby.. its been 2 yrs!!) and i somehow just discovered this stuff... OMG.. idon't normally eat soy either but i can't help it!!
 

post #57 of 85

kellybeth - lots of yummy treats for sure!  I'm particularly drawn towards the vegan dark chocolate stuffed scones...mmmm!

post #58 of 85

mmmmmm-today's breakfast hit this list!

 

almond milk mocha latte (oh yeah, and with a full cup of coffee, ugh!)

3 pieces of squash bread

 

so decadent!!!

 

http://comfybelly.com/2011/11/pumpkin-bread-2-0/#.UHiPFsXA-8c

 

and coffee is soooooooo good.

post #59 of 85

I made this today and have it hardening in the freezer. I can't wait to have some!!! http://axiomathome.blogspot.com/2012/10/iced-honey-cream.html

post #60 of 85
Thread Starter 
I haven't eaten a donut in several years due to my gut not tolerating fried foods.
I just ate a maple bar and it was so stinking good. Gut is doing fine so far; it is generally more tolerant of "bad" foods while I'm pregnant.
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: February 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › February 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Guilty food confessions, or, the baby made me eat it. :)