I was given a box of bottles by a friend who picked them up at a yard sale with me in mind. They are actually a kind I would like to try, Dr Browns and some are glass, which I like. I found what looks to be like mold at the bottom of the box. I did not see any mold on the bottles. Do you think if I sanitize them a few times it will be ok? Thanks in advance for any input!
You can sanitize them in 10% bleach-- I would fully immerse for maybe a half hour just to be cautious. If you're still worried about it, you could toss the nipples and buy replacements. The glass won't hold on to any mold, but the nipples are more porous, though the bleach will kill any mold, as long as you soak for long enough. I would recommend bleach over boiling, since some organisms form spores when heated.