or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Breastfeeding › Breastfeeding Challenges › New Exclusive Pumping Tribe!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

New Exclusive Pumping Tribe! - Page 5

post #81 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaca View Post

Quick check in.  So hard to find time to get on here.  Not just because of the pumping and the craziness it entails, but also because I have one high needs/fussy little girl :-(  In fact, she is crying now so off I go!

 

Thinking of you. hug.gif

post #82 of 146

EPers, how are you doing? Thinking of you.
 

post #83 of 146

11 months down!  7 to go until I meet my goal! 

 

I'm having HUGE supply drops for about a week before my period and a few days into it.  It sucks.. I'm already not pumping enough to meet his needs, but my supply goes almost in half during that time. 

 

However.. I cleaned my deep freeze last night and found about 75oz of milk from when Fin was a couple months old.  It was a happy surprise!  I think I have enough donor milk and my own frozen milk to make it through the next month when I can start supplementing with cow's milk.
 

post #84 of 146

Congratulations!  That is amazing!

 

I'm currently at 5 months and it seems like forever.  How many times a day are you pumping now?

 

What a nice surprise it must of been to find that milk innocent.gif
 

post #85 of 146

I'm down to 5 pumpings a day.  It makes life a bit more normal not to be constantly tied down.  I was having a hard time keeping my sanity with 7 pumpings a day.
 

Congrats on 5 months!!  I think the beginning months are by far the hardest!! 

post #86 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadelinesMama View Post

11 months down!  7 to go until I meet my goal! 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear3 View Post
I'm currently at 5 months and it seems like forever. 

 

clap.gifCongratulations MadelinesMama and clairebear3 on these fabulous milestones! MadelinesMama, what a wonderful surprise to find that milk in your freezer. redface.gif

post #87 of 146
Thread Starter 

Finally a moment to check in!!!!!!!!!!!! I"m glad to see everyone is doing well. I'm also still at it-- over 5 months now.  I guess that's something to celebrate, but its also so sad to me as the older my DD gets the more I have to accept that she isn't nursing.  I'm doing 7 pumpings a day right now and my supply is ok.  I'm going to drop another one when I add solids around 6 months.  So, we will see how that goes.  I still have days when I feel so sad and so overwhelmed (a baby that won't nurse, thats fussy, and my husband is in school and I have a stepson.  Makes me feel like a single mom-- don't know how they do it!).  I also have to go back to work soon part-time.  It will be stressful to learn a new job on top of all of this.  Trying to continue taking it one day at a time...  On a postive note-- I think my DD is starting to grow out of some of the crying/fussiness!  Keeping my fingers crossed!

 

What are everyones goals?  I'm hoping to make it to a year.  Maybe if I have enough extra stored up I can stop even a month before that.  What are others thoughts on more children?  We haven't decided yet-- I'm leaning towards yes, but I can't do the pumping again.  I just can't.  My hubby doesn't want any more because my DD has been so hard :-(  He will have more if I want though.

post #88 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaca View Post

What are everyones goals?  I'm hoping to make it to a year.  Maybe if I have enough extra stored up I can stop even a month before that.  What are others thoughts on more children?  We haven't decided yet-- I'm leaning towards yes, but I can't do the pumping again.  I just can't.  My hubby doesn't want any more because my DD has been so hard :-(  He will have more if I want though.

 

 

My goal is 18 months.  That will get us through flu/rsv season.  I am 2 weeks away from my one year mark! 

 

You can't go into another pregnancy planning on failing at breastfeeding.  My first child breastfed for 2 1/2 years.  This one has only latched on a hand full of times.  I never imagined I would have trouble since things went so well with my daughter.  As you can see it's not just about your ability.. the baby has to be willing to do their part.

post #89 of 146
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessimaca View Post

Makes me feel like a single mom-- don't know how they do it!). 

There have been moments where I have though that too!

 

Well I'm one week away from my 6 month goal.  That sounds really lame when I hear what everyone elses goals are.  I feel so torn.  I just went down to three pumps a day, getting 500-600ml.  I want to be down to 2 by the time my mum comes to visit on Saturday.  I'm so sick of it, I'm missing out on taking DD places and holding her as much because of always pumping.  On the other hand when I get down to two I think I am going to find it impossible to stop!  If I can make milk I kind of feel like I 'should' pump that it's a waste otherwise, I also want her to have the best of everything and I know that BM is.  We are going to the Uk in November and it was really not the point to still be pumping then, but maybe just twice a day will be worth it?

 

We knew from the outset that our house is only big enough for one child.  Work and money wise more than one wouldn't be sensible and DH def only wants one so I know this is the only time I will have milk in my boobs.  Don't know why but that makes me so sentimental!

 

I still still lament thinks going wrong.  Sometimes on a bad day I have to avoid looking at photos of when DD was just born or still in the hospital because it makes me feel so melancholy.  If only I knew then what I knew now!  This seems to have affected me than the cesarean, although I still feel totally bummed that I will never know what it is like to give birth of have contractions.  I think I'm over compensating by being  attached to this babe 24/7.  Some people find it weird at 6 months that she has never been left with any other family member (apart from briefly with DH) or a baby sitter and that I should get back to 'my life', this is my life! 

 

End of rant, good weekend everyone!  Can't believe we've all come so far

post #90 of 146

Well it took me writing that post to realize what I am going to do.  I am going to cut down the mins of the lunchtime pump so that I can enjoy my mums visit and go out and about, and then continue to pump three times a day indefinitely, skipping the middle pump if I want to go out.  What milk I have is good, if I dry up then that's ok, phew I feel better now winky.gif

post #91 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaca View Post

I"m glad to see everyone is doing well. I'm also still at it-- over 5 months now.  I guess that's something to celebrate, but its also so sad to me as the older my DD gets the more I have to accept that she isn't nursing. 

 

Congratulations and hug.gif! It is a milestone, but it's ok to have mixed feelings about it. There is accomplishment and loss; I think with EPing those things coexist a lot. As for more children, I thought about that a lot during my DD's first few moments, but then decided to set it aside for a while; setting it aside helped me a lot. Maybe that would help? I'm thinking of you.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadelinesMama View Post
My goal is 18 months.  That will get us through flu/rsv season.  I am 2 weeks away from my one year mark! 

 

Congratulations!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear3 View Post
Well I'm one week away from my 6 month goal.  That sounds really lame when I hear what everyone elses goals are.

 

That sounds awesome to me! Congratulations!

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear3 View PostThis seems to have affected me than the cesarean, although I still feel totally bummed that I will never know what it is like to give birth of have contractions.  I think I'm over compensating by being  attached to this babe 24/7. 

 

hug.gif I haven't had a c-section, so I can't personally make that comparison, but EPing had a huge affect on me. If you're interested, I'd be happy to share more.

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by clairebear3 View PostSome people find it weird at 6 months that she has never been left with any other family member (apart from briefly with DH) or a baby sitter and that I should get back to 'my life', this is my life!

 

Yes, I always wanted to ask people what life I should back get to?

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clairebear3 View Post

Well it took me writing that post to realize what I am going to do.  I am going to cut down the mins of the lunchtime pump so that I can enjoy my mums visit and go out and about, and then continue to pump three times a day indefinitely, skipping the middle pump if I want to go out.  What milk I have is good, if I dry up then that's ok, phew I feel better now winky.gif

You rock clairebear3!

post #92 of 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessimaca View Post

I'm also still at it-- over 5 months now.  I guess that's something to celebrate, but its also so sad to me as the older my DD gets the more I have to accept that she isn't nursing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadelinesMama View Post

 

 

My goal is 18 months.  That will get us through flu/rsv season.  I am 2 weeks away from my one year mark!

 

Congratulations mamas!  What a long way everyone has come!love.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyHappyMommy View Post

hug.gif I haven't had a c-section, so I can't personally make that comparison, but EPing had a huge affect on me. If you're interested, I'd be happy to share more.

 

You rock clairebear3!

Thanks redface.gif  Did it at some-point get easier for you emotionally?  I went to visit my place of work the other day and I was talking to someone about some of DD's sleep problems at the moment and a customer, who I didn't know, jumped in and said 'my goodness my DD sleeps straight through, it's complete peace in our house after 7pm and she's a lot bigger than your DD, over 9 kg and all that with just BFding'  I could of slapped the woman... for some reason it made me so mad that she butted into our conversation, the friend I was talking to has a 2 year old with Williams syndrome who is tube fed and often doesn't sleep through.  How must she have felt?  My DD weighed 7.2kg and 68cm at 5 months which is pretty good.  I told the woman I was breastfeeding too, it just seems to be easier not too mention too many details.  My boss asked if I was getting bored at home and I said I wasn't because DD doesn't sleep much during the day and when she's awake I'm either playing with her or holding etc she said I had made that problem myself!  What problem?  DD pretty much NEVER cries, more rather have than than a baby crying alone in it's chair all day!  She nearly freaked out when I said we co-sleep sometimes.  Must learn to keep my mouth shut...

post #93 of 146

Well it looks like my pumping days may be over...

 

I was down to 3 times a day and was trying to keep going like this for an extra month or until my milk dried up.  Because I'm pumping less I'm putting my milk in the fridge where as before I would try to keep it at room temp.  When I was giving her her last bottle she only drank about half of it and was arching her back away from the bottle.  I tried feeding her upstairs, because I thought downstairs was too noisy but it didn't help, I then tried the milk and it tasted soooo soapy it was disgusting!  The milk was about 24hrs old and had been in the fridge the whole time.  Maybe it is a lipase problem?

 

I guess I'm going to have to wind down and in the meantime the milk I pump will be headed for the drain greensad.gif

post #94 of 146

You know if it's a lipase issue you can just scald it after pumping.  There isn't any reason to dump it down the drain.  I find it much easier to scald breastmilk in a bottle warmer. 
 

post #95 of 146

Today is my one year mark!!  Some days it felt like I was NEVER going to make it to a year.  Now it's so much a part of my normal day I think it will be strange to stop.  6 more months to go until my goal!
 

post #96 of 146
Thread Starter 

Wouldn't it be wonderful if we could all get together for tea and hugs?????  Just to be with people who really understand???

 

 

Quote:

Sometimes on a bad day I have to avoid looking at photos of when DD was just born or still in the hospital because it makes me feel so melancholy.  If only I knew then what I knew now!  This seems to have affected me than the cesarean, although I still feel totally bummed that I will never know what it is like to give birth of have contractions.  I think I'm over compensating by being  attached to this babe 24/7.  Some people find it weird at 6 months that she has never been left with any other family member (apart from briefly with DH) or a baby sitter and that I should get back to 'my life', this is my life!

Claire~  6 months is so awesome!  Do you know how many women stop breastfeeding when everything is going well?  I think less than 25% of people who nurse even make it to 6 months and your making it pumping!  You should be so proud.  Whatever else you can muster is great-- just go until you can't anymore and then feel good about how far you've gone!  I totally get still feeling bummed and I don't think your compensating.  Many moms bonded with their babies don't want to leave them-- fyi-- I haven't left my baby with anyone either.  Just my hubby for short periods of time.  I don't know what to tell you about the lipase thing-- that happens to my milk occ too-- maybe try the scalding thing so you don't have to waste it?

 

Happy~  Everything you say resonates with me.  I agree with the loss coexisting with the accomplishment.

 

MadelinesMama~  You deserve a medal!  You rock and you inspire me! 

 

You all inspire me love.gif

post #97 of 146
Thread Starter 

Happy~  I can't remember if I talked about this with you or not.  How many children do you have?  If you don't mind me asking of course :-)

post #98 of 146
Thread Starter 

Where is everyone?

post #99 of 146

Still here!  Still pumping.  Down to 3 times a day which is pretty lovely for me.  It's almost as if I'm not pumping at all, but Finley is still getting all the benefits.  I hope everyone is doing well!
 

post #100 of 146
Thread Starter 

Madeline~ That's awesome! Good for you! I just cut down to 6 and watching my supply close to see how it goes.  It's only been a few days so I'm not sure yet.  It's amazing how each time I cut a pumping out I gain a little sanity.  I can't imagine being down to 3!!!!!  Yay!!!!!  That would be awesome.  I'm not sure when I'm gonna cut down next.

 

Tried nursing again the other day and it was an epic fail.  I'm not sure why I do that to myself-- it always makes me feel really sad.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Breastfeeding Challenges
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Breastfeeding › Breastfeeding Challenges › New Exclusive Pumping Tribe!