- topicBaby Namestagged by mamazee, 5/30/13
Related Forum Threads
- Who else already has names picked out? Last post on 11/6/13 at 4:59pm in April 2014 Due Date Club
- how about a names thread? Last post on 10/15/13 at 8:08am in March 2014 Due Date Club
- names again :) Last post on 8/31/13 at 6:35pm in September 2013 Due Date Club
- Baby names - what are your favorites? Last post on 12/19/13 at 1:22pm in February 2014 Due Date Club
- Do you regret or love the popular baby name (top 5 SSA list) you chose? Last post on 9/29/13 at 6:27am in I'm Pregnant
What I Wish I Knew as a New Mom
Last edited: 8/1/13
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the ImaginationLast edited: 8/15/13
- Baby Naming 101Last edited: 10/18/12
- The Name Game-post 2Last edited: 3/30/13
- The Name Game-post 1Last edited: 3/30/13
Let's talk... NAMES! - Page 8post #141 of 38010/21/12 at 3:59pmpost #142 of 38010/26/12 at 11:37am
Tindra sounds cool to me and sparkly.
Now that I know (most likely) I'm having a girl : ), I'm working on my girl list some more...
Twyla (Somehow Tindra and Twyla would be the coolest sister names or twin names)CoralieCalliopeSeraphina (not crazy about nickname Sera, but it would allow kid some normalcy)...AnneliesePenelope (Kardashian? Eek. Tina Fey's daughter, too.)LavenderI liked Penelope, but then I read it was a Kardashian baby and Tina Fey's daughter and I'm just worried it might be too popular... Some of my other names are kind of kooky, though. Probably won't all get by the hubs.post #143 of 38010/26/12 at 11:54am
I just found out yesterday that we are expecting a little girl!!! So her name is going to be Ellissa-Joan Marie. If by chance a sweet baby boy is born his name will be Lucas Anthony.
My husband is very traditional so we took names from our families. His mom (deceased ) whom I never got to meet, had a hyphenated first name as do all of his sisters. Joan is my grandmothers name and this is the 1st girl born in over 22yrs. She has 6 great grandsons, so this is in honor of her. My middle name is Marie, and Marie is the French version of Mary. Mary is my mom's name, part of husbands mom's first name, and my grandma's middle name.
And with our boy name, DS#3 was almost named Lucas but decided on Nicholas at the last minute. We still love the name. And Anthony is my husbands name. He is actually a 2nd but did not want a 3rd so we figured his name as a middle name is fitting. Still passing it along:)post #144 of 38010/26/12 at 11:56ampost #145 of 38010/26/12 at 9:16pmThread Starter
Does anyone care to give an honest opinion on the name Eben for a little boy? I'm not sure whether I prefer a long or short pronunciation of the first "E" (EE-ben or EH-ben) so both are fair game for now. I first thought of it because we have a very dear friend named Stephen who my toddler daughter calls Eben or Steeben. He was at my daughter's birth and I'm actually feeling a little sad that he won't be at this baby's birth too (we've since moved out of state). Also, my name is Stephanie and I think it would be nice for a baby boy to have a name inspired by his momma. Nothing so direct as naming him Stephen, though, if that makes sense. The name Eben is really a shortened form of Ebenezer. I'm not interested in the name Ebenezer (no way) and I'm not really interested in giving an obvious nickname as an official first name... So yeah, I'm just not sure whether Eben can make the cut. I'm just having such a tough time with boy names!
Similarly, if baby is a girl I'd like her to have DH's initials. A current girl name contender is Ottilie, which coincidentally sounds a lot like DH's name without actually being derived from his name.
(I've very interested in choosing an offbeat name that begins with a vowel! Any suggestions are welcome!)post #146 of 38010/26/12 at 9:25pmpost #147 of 38010/26/12 at 9:40pmThread StarterQuote:
I am also drawn to French names -- they seem to flow well with our French surname... I've also considered Ottiline or Ottoline.
I'm not yet sold on Eben either... Still waiting to see if it grows on me, or if some other name whacks me over the head insteadpost #148 of 38010/26/12 at 10:02pmpost #149 of 38010/26/12 at 10:07pmThread StarterQuote:
Funny you mention that - one of my fears with "EH-ben" is that it sounds like I'm saying Evan with a little lisp. I'm afraid his name would be constantly mistaken for Evan... Maybe they're just TOO similar?post #150 of 38010/27/12 at 9:01ampost #151 of 38010/27/12 at 9:08am
My daughter's name is Olli. I love the name (obviously, since I picked it! ;) ) but it is mistaken for Holly or Molly all the time, especially since it is so uncommon. I'd considered giving her something longer, so that it wasn't a name based on a nickname, even though the alternate spelling Ollie was actually a popular girl's name around the 1890s, but then I realized that the name I *liked* was the nickname, so what was the point of giving her something else? :D
Ee-ben sounds too much like "even" with a lisp, to me. Eh-ben reminds me either of Evan or "ebon," which is a much cooler word than "even." ;)post #152 of 38010/27/12 at 12:32pm
Hey everyone...I love that people on this board are a little more creative than a lot of other websites you find online. We are pretty decided on Hugo as a first name for both aesthetic and family reasons. I live in the US right now, where it isn't common, but am from French Canada, where it is totally common, so I wouldn't mind an unusual middle name. We had hoped for either a spiritual or nature name but can't seem to agree on anything. I am now short on ideas. Any thoughts on a companion middle name for Hugo?
PS - Hi again Lightforest. I just want to say I think the Ebeneezer association is going to made, even though I love the sound of "Eh"-ben...a lot.post #153 of 38010/27/12 at 1:58pmpost #154 of 38010/27/12 at 3:11pmpost #155 of 38010/27/12 at 7:03pmpost #156 of 38010/27/12 at 9:05pmpost #157 of 38010/28/12 at 1:29pmpost #158 of 38010/28/12 at 5:36pmpost #159 of 38010/29/12 at 6:26pm
Such creative names here!! You guys are making me think of possible names for my baby. I have a feeling he/she won't be named until they're born, but it doesn't hurt to start feeling things out. As of now, the names I like for a girl are Gabriella or Gyselle, I have no clue what I like for a boy's name, those are tougher for me. My fiance hasn't brainstormed yet, I should bring it up soon.
- Unique Baby Names: 30 Unusual Suggestions to Spark the Imagination
- › Tips for training a nearly 4 year old boy? 16 minutes ago
- › Why Is Jenny McCarthy Dangerous? 19 minutes ago
- › Really excited about this math book 23 minutes ago
- › How can I fine tune how I handle holidays? 23 minutes ago
- › Totaly frustrated(( 57 minutes ago
- › The Taboo Subject of Vaccine Injuries 1 hour, 12 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 1 hour, 26 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 1 hour, 27 minutes ago
- › Tucson-Any experiences with Desert Sky Community School or Drachman... 1 hour, 31 minutes ago
- › April 2014 -- What did you accomplish today? 1 hour, 32 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Day in the Life: A Graphical Representation by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Operation Meditation by Brian Leaf
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo