Hello! I have an 18 month old little boy a few months ago I noticed that his teeth were discolored. Then one day I noticed that they seemed soft (especially his top left tooth) and you could literally scrape the tooth off with your nail! Then, I noticed a brown spot and a few days later a tooth was chipped. I freaked out and figured it was because I was still BF him even through the night. I made him a dentist appointment and he said that the tooth chipped because it was a cavity and it was indeed because I had BF during the night for so long. He said he would cap all four top teeth under GA and to vigilantly brush his teeth with flouride toothpaste. :( Well two days after that appointment I go to brush his teeth and the bad tooth is chipped even more! I am freaking out so bad right now! I even went in a room alone and balled my eyes out. I feel as if it is all my fault and I just don't know what to do. I am overwhelmed and I need advice. Is there anyone else that has been in my shoes and are your LO ok?? Please help!
- topicDentaltagged by System, 7/12/12
Related Forum Threads
- Reversing dental decay with Xylitol in toddlers? Post surgery care? Last post on 12/1/13 at 8:48pm in Dental
- Please Help! 5 year old with first cavity Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:15pm in Dental
- Remineralization ? Last post on 11/28/13 at 6:25pm in Dental
- What is the procedure of tooth extractions for a 2-3 year old? Last post on 10/10/13 at 11:36pm in Dental
- Studies About Holistic Dental Care Last post on 10/6/13 at 1:00pm in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
Help! 18 month olds teeth are chipping away!
I haven't been in your exact situation, but I hav ebeen through dental problems with my kids. My oldest just had so much dental work done (age 4). He had decay behind his front two teeth, and as well had some chipping. Still, even with the chipping, two pediatric dentists both said the decay was mild on those teeth and would only need resin fillings. We had them done this week and we can't tell a difference at all. He had a bunch of other work done too (including several crowns) and it was done under sedation.
My now 13 month old little one also is showing signs of decay, but luckily we brought him into our dentist very early and he thinks we can stop the decay with no need to fill it later. I was pretty vigilent at inspecting his teeth as my oldest had so many dental problems. I bf both my children through the night, my first one until he was 2 and half. I stopped nursing through the night just before my youngest turned a year because I noticed signs of decay. Controversial subject,but for us that was the best decision. Night weaning went way better than I ever could've imagined it to.
I ended up getting a second opinion with my first, and both dentists had pretty different treatment plans. It never hurts to get a second opinion.
Hugs... I know it is so hard. No baby or mama should have to go through this!!
- › Is anyone still testing? 1 minute ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 5 minutes ago
- › You know you are nine months pregnant when... 6 minutes ago
- › I'm really stressing! And needing some advice. 6 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 6 minutes ago
- › Queer Conceptions December 7 minutes ago
- › December Chat 13 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 13 minutes ago
- › Announcing the News 17 minutes ago
- › Welcome Babies! 17 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo