Hello! I have an 18 month old little boy a few months ago I noticed that his teeth were discolored. Then one day I noticed that they seemed soft (especially his top left tooth) and you could literally scrape the tooth off with your nail! Then, I noticed a brown spot and a few days later a tooth was chipped. I freaked out and figured it was because I was still BF him even through the night. I made him a dentist appointment and he said that the tooth chipped because it was a cavity and it was indeed because I had BF during the night for so long. He said he would cap all four top teeth under GA and to vigilantly brush his teeth with flouride toothpaste. :( Well two days after that appointment I go to brush his teeth and the bad tooth is chipped even more! I am freaking out so bad right now! I even went in a room alone and balled my eyes out. I feel as if it is all my fault and I just don't know what to do. I am overwhelmed and I need advice. Is there anyone else that has been in my shoes and are your LO ok?? Please help!
- topicDentaltagged by System, 7/11/12
Related Forum Threads
- Pregnancy and Dental Work? Last post on 4/1/14 at 11:32am in Dental
- Preemie Teeth? Last post on 3/26/14 at 1:41pm in Dental
- Lip tie, decay, remineralizing & WAPF diet.....help! Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:44pm in Dental
- Coconut oil? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:35pm in Dental
- Is there a way to remove dental sealants? Last post on 1/21/14 at 5:23pm in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
Help! 18 month olds teeth are chipping away!
I haven't been in your exact situation, but I hav ebeen through dental problems with my kids. My oldest just had so much dental work done (age 4). He had decay behind his front two teeth, and as well had some chipping. Still, even with the chipping, two pediatric dentists both said the decay was mild on those teeth and would only need resin fillings. We had them done this week and we can't tell a difference at all. He had a bunch of other work done too (including several crowns) and it was done under sedation.
My now 13 month old little one also is showing signs of decay, but luckily we brought him into our dentist very early and he thinks we can stop the decay with no need to fill it later. I was pretty vigilent at inspecting his teeth as my oldest had so many dental problems. I bf both my children through the night, my first one until he was 2 and half. I stopped nursing through the night just before my youngest turned a year because I noticed signs of decay. Controversial subject,but for us that was the best decision. Night weaning went way better than I ever could've imagined it to.
I ended up getting a second opinion with my first, and both dentists had pretty different treatment plans. It never hurts to get a second opinion.
Hugs... I know it is so hard. No baby or mama should have to go through this!!
- › Pre-teen wild child? 23 minutes ago
- › Keeping 3 year old occupied without technology 24 minutes ago
- › DHA omega-3 vegan nutrition for toddlers 38 minutes ago
- › When is it okay to leave kids alone in a public location? 42 minutes ago
- › What hurt more than labor for you? 50 minutes ago
- › Writing numbers and letters bottom to top rather than top to bottom 54 minutes ago
- › hi :) 58 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › baby flutters or gas 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › How often do you...? 1 hour, 3 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › When Mothering Means Chaos by AmandaK
- › Calming Yourself During Colic: Expert tips... by KidsInTheHouse
- › 3 Simple Ways to Nurture Yourself by Marcy Axness
- › The Birth of River by Kristen Tea
- › The Never Agains by BrainChild
- › Day in the Life: A Graphical Representation by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Operation Meditation by Brian Leaf
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo