Im bored and putting off doing chores..so I figured I would post..
What do you think your must have items for this time around for your baby? This is baby #3 and I am a little older (will be 37) and I have 2 children already who have their own set of issues.. what items will you have this time around to make your life easier? Or what do you have NOW that will be the first for you to get out of storage.
My essential list: (stuff I have saved from my previous girls)
- Cosleeper (true bedsharing not safe - both of us are heavy and DH has sleep apnea) we may have to get a mini because now have a king size bed and I am honestly not sure if the full size one will fit in our room anymore.
- Diapers - I have bumgenius 2 and as much as I would love new fluff - I replaced all my original fuzzibuns with bumgenius from my first to my second
- Breast pump - I have 3. Freestyle (the best for frequent pumping), ameda medical grade *huge*, and regular ameda. I have medical issues and have next to no milk (5 ounces total in a 24 hour period with pumping every 2 hours)
- Swing - I would lovvee to replace my swing with the mamaroo? or anything that plugs in but I am not sure
- baby carriers - usually the baby chooses which they like. I have an ergo, ella roo, ring sling, moby, and an infantino. My my first DD was born - she loved that awful infantino - LOVED it for like 20 minutes a day...ugh
- my brest friend. Mine has to be replaced but I used this all the time
- SNS/Lactaid . I will have to check mine to see how they have aged.
I want this time around:
Snap N go - I confess.. I am older and a little heavier and a little more out of shape - I will buy a snap and go stroller. I thought these things were the devil with my first 2 kids and never left my baby in a bucket.. always wore them. But for running my other two kids into preschool/first grade - it will be popping the bucket out, sticking bucket in snap n go, and running into the school for sign in, especially in the winter. Don't take my AP card from me :p
I want to try one of those Snuza Halo Baby Movement Monitor things. We used angel care monitors with our last 2 but I sold them.. so I think this seems so cool.
Puj Tub. I hate, hate, bathing my kids- even know.. bending over the bath tub.. ugh. That thing looks cool.
A new van. HAH. I can't fit 3 kids in my car. Totally on a tangent, I told my Mom a year ago that if we ever had another baby, I would need her help because we would need a van and she was like "Oh Michelle,,, your children are everything to you... just don't worry about it" I hope to goodness that she remembers she said this in the fall when I say, "Mom can you cosign" :p
Tripp Trapp. Both of my girls have a tripp trapp and this baby will have their own (I Hope)
I think this being baby #3 - you realize you don't need as much as you thought you did at first. Sure, you may often find yourself at babies r us or the thrift store to pick something up but it isn't as critical as you thought with baby #1. We totally changed our house since my girls got older. We got a sectional couch in our living room which takes up the whole living room but allows for us to actually be together. I just dont have the space for jumpers, swings, pack n plays, high chairs, etc like I used to. Even in my dining room - it is small and my extra space I used to have has been filled with a pantry because I needed to store food.
I am worried in my kitchen how I will make space for bottles AND supplies for packing lunches (containers, bento stuff, etc)