Well, it was an eventful night, that's for sure. The ultrasound determined that my uterus was empty but there was something on my left ovary. My midwife, the radiologist, the ER doc and the OB on call all concluded that is was most likely ectopic. I've known in my gut that something wasn't right from the moment I got the first postitive HPT. It feels actually good to just have an answer. It was a bit gut wrenching trying to decide what to do about it last night. I ended up choosing to take the methotrexate (as oppossed to watiing and seeing or surgery) despite a lot of anxiety b/c I'm pretty sensitive to medication. And of course, the ER doc said I would have to stop nursing my 2 year old for 3 weeks. Anyways, I survived my dosage, my 2 year old survived not nursing and now I'm trying to figure out if its really true that I can't nurse her. It looks like methotrexate is L3 in Hale's book. I'm a LLL leader and have talked with women before about L3 but now that it's for me, I feel like I can't be objective or something! I'm probably going to nurse her, or maybe wait a day, pump and dump and then pick up. I told her my nursies were sick and we couldn't nurse until they got better. So at 2 in the morning she kept asking me "you better now?" Tugs at your heart strings!
Thanks for all the support! I'll be thinking good thoughts for healthy pregnancies and healthy babies for all you lovely mamas! WildDoula, I'll be thinking of you today and hoping for good news if you do go to your appointment!