I've had it with my DD's poor teeth! She's had so many cavities already (i'd say 10+, I lost count) and she isn't even 6 yet. We're low sugar family, she has maybe 1 cup of juice (small cup) 1 cup of milk (again, small cup) and then water for the rest of the day. When we first started having issues, we upped her flouride (yeah, I know! this was way before I found this site and figured out how bad flouride really is) but the cavities, got worse. We've completely made the switch to making our own tooth paste (coconut oil, tiny pinch of sea salt b/c i heard the minerals in it was good for tooth remineralization and baking soda--please feel free to tweek my recipe for her teeth health.) I was flossing her teeth tonight b/c she had a piece of blueberry stuck in it and I noticed that her molar had what appeared to be another huge cavity...maybe it isn't a cavity...it just seems that there used to be more tooth there. I have a dentist appt., but since school is out I couldn't get her in until nearly the end of august. I'm sure if I call I can get just her in for a check (was trying to get all 3 of my daughters seen on the same day). She's my little trooper and so beautiful. I hate that we're struggling. So, school me, teach me. I need this to stop, I'm afraid she won't have any teeth left by the time she's a teenager! Her appetite is good, she's happy, bouncy and loving, I don't feel that anything significant is off health wise. Please help!
- topicDentaltagged by System, 7/18/12
Related Forum Threads
- Reversing dental decay with Xylitol in toddlers? Post surgery care? Last post on 12/1/13 at 8:48pm in Dental
- Please Help! 5 year old with first cavity Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:15pm in Dental
- Remineralization ? Last post on 12/6/13 at 2:59pm in Dental
- What is the procedure of tooth extractions for a 2-3 year old? Last post on 10/10/13 at 11:36pm in Dental
- Studies About Holistic Dental Care Last post on 12/7/13 at 10:45pm in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
Give me a crash course in healing my daughter's teeth
Usually it's a nutrient deficiency of some sort. I got this from a friend that remineralized her toddlers badly decaying teeth:
Hope this helps!
Our two year old son was showing definite improvement with nutritional and WAPF measures until we had a fluoride varnish and added ACT kid's mouthwash to his tooth brush. The ACT bit was recommended by a dentist. The decay got worse and quickly.
We were seeing much success using FMCLO, K2/D3, calcium phosphorus, transdermal mag, cell salts, MI Paste, Squiggly Toothpaste, lots of eggs and cheese.
There's a relatively new procedure called HealOzone and it's PAINLESS ( takes about 20 seconds per tooth ) and much less expensive that traditional dental work. Holistic or Biological dentists do it. It involves ozonated gas on the tooth to fill decay and filling if they deem it needed. Using ozone could negate the need for any drilling too, depending on the cavity.
well it turns out the hole was a filling that had fallen out. we had it refilled. I feel so much better after her visit b/c for the first time since starting her dentist trips we have NO CAVITIES!!!!!!!! this is HUGE! We went no flouride after upping the flouride and her cavities got worse. how much worse? we went from 4 cavities to 9 in six months. SO, i must passionately disagree with the above statement. Flouride is her teeth's greatest enemy.
- › Natural Hair Conditioner for Toddler? 2 minutes ago
- › Baby Photos! 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone here with kids who use Khan Academy? 5 minutes ago
- › Do you do the whole Santa Claus thing? 7 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 10 minutes ago
- › Did you tell your children about Santa? 13 minutes ago
- › New MTV show "Generation Cryo" 17 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread 21 minutes ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 21 minutes ago
- › December Spend-Less Challenge: Let's Fill Our Stockings with... 23 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo