I've had it with my DD's poor teeth! She's had so many cavities already (i'd say 10+, I lost count) and she isn't even 6 yet. We're low sugar family, she has maybe 1 cup of juice (small cup) 1 cup of milk (again, small cup) and then water for the rest of the day. When we first started having issues, we upped her flouride (yeah, I know! this was way before I found this site and figured out how bad flouride really is) but the cavities, got worse. We've completely made the switch to making our own tooth paste (coconut oil, tiny pinch of sea salt b/c i heard the minerals in it was good for tooth remineralization and baking soda--please feel free to tweek my recipe for her teeth health.) I was flossing her teeth tonight b/c she had a piece of blueberry stuck in it and I noticed that her molar had what appeared to be another huge cavity...maybe it isn't a cavity...it just seems that there used to be more tooth there. I have a dentist appt., but since school is out I couldn't get her in until nearly the end of august. I'm sure if I call I can get just her in for a check (was trying to get all 3 of my daughters seen on the same day). She's my little trooper and so beautiful. I hate that we're struggling. So, school me, teach me. I need this to stop, I'm afraid she won't have any teeth left by the time she's a teenager! Her appetite is good, she's happy, bouncy and loving, I don't feel that anything significant is off health wise. Please help!
- topicDentaltagged by System, 7/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Preemie Teeth? Last post on Yesterday at 9:29 pm in Dental
- Lip tie, decay, remineralizing & WAPF diet.....help! Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:44pm in Dental
- Coconut oil? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:35pm in Dental
- Is there a way to remove dental sealants? Last post on 1/21/14 at 5:23pm in Dental
- CEREC versus white filling Last post on 1/16/14 at 5:10am in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
Give me a crash course in healing my daughter's teeth
Usually it's a nutrient deficiency of some sort. I got this from a friend that remineralized her toddlers badly decaying teeth:
Hope this helps!
Our two year old son was showing definite improvement with nutritional and WAPF measures until we had a fluoride varnish and added ACT kid's mouthwash to his tooth brush. The ACT bit was recommended by a dentist. The decay got worse and quickly.
We were seeing much success using FMCLO, K2/D3, calcium phosphorus, transdermal mag, cell salts, MI Paste, Squiggly Toothpaste, lots of eggs and cheese.
There's a relatively new procedure called HealOzone and it's PAINLESS ( takes about 20 seconds per tooth ) and much less expensive that traditional dental work. Holistic or Biological dentists do it. It involves ozonated gas on the tooth to fill decay and filling if they deem it needed. Using ozone could negate the need for any drilling too, depending on the cavity.
well it turns out the hole was a filling that had fallen out. we had it refilled. I feel so much better after her visit b/c for the first time since starting her dentist trips we have NO CAVITIES!!!!!!!! this is HUGE! We went no flouride after upping the flouride and her cavities got worse. how much worse? we went from 4 cavities to 9 in six months. SO, i must passionately disagree with the above statement. Flouride is her teeth's greatest enemy.
- › Are you exercising? 1 minute ago
- › Christian moms March '14 5 minutes ago
- › milestones 6 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 7 minutes ago
- › March Unschooling Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Introducing solids 12 minutes ago
- › - 12 minutes ago
- › Debate This Quote 14 minutes ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 21 minutes ago
- › OB vs. Midwife 24 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild