How likely is it to become pregnant during infertile days/ non ovulation time??? I mean millions of women get pregnant and I really wonder how come every one hit the correct ovulation time?
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on Yesterday at 9:34 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Want to take pregnancy test! Last post on Yesterday at 8:16 am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:31am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:00am in Fertility
- And I'm back...preparing to TTC Last post on 5/17/13 at 10:12am in Trying To Conceive
How likely is it to become pregnant during infertile days/ non ovulation time???
I was just thinking the same thing last night! I was thinking this because I have just removed my IUD yesterday and although we want to start ttc we probably don't want to like this very day. Maybe with in the next 2 months. Im relying on the fact that I know my fertile days by now, after keeping track of them for a couple of years, and I will know when to abstain to not get PG.
So yeah, anyone have an answer to that question?
My Billings class decided that teenagers don't have fertile "days" - they are ALWAYS fertile. :) There is always a chance of ovulating earlier than expected. I know the odds aren't great for conceiving on a non-fertile day, though. I guess you could have this scenario:
I tend to O on CD18. Fertile CM shows up around CD13 and I get several days of fertile before O. but let's say this month, my body decides it's going to O on CD15. CD12 seems fine, we DTD. Sperm can live a few hours if it doesn't have CM. So my body says "oh wait, we're going to do this early now so we better make some fluid!" So on CD13, I've got EWCM to support the "deposit" from the previous evening and then I O two days later.
Unlikely but it could happen.
We are wired, biologically, to reproduce. Our bodies WANT to get pregnant so a healthy body should take every advantage it's given.
I think so many people end up pregnant because they don't know fertile symptoms, don't care, or don't realize how much stronger our desire for sex is when we are fertile (increasing our chances just because we're having sex more then).
After you've ovulated, and can definitely confirm it (3 days of high temps), your chance of getting pregnant is zero. :) You're not releasing another egg.
librarygirl's scenario probably happens a lot. Also the scenario where somebody thinks that an average cycle is/should be 28 days and so reasons that towards the end they're safe, not realizing that since they, personally, have long cycles, this won't cut it for them. (A reason cycle beads/rhythm method/anything that assumes everyone has a 28-day cycle will fail for a lot of people.)
I got pregnant ON my period must have been about day five and yes I was still bleeding!
I didn't have sex of any kind again that month, no taking clothes off period.
That was my first dd and everything turned out fine, except she was born two weeks "early" from my LMP - well duh!
I believe if a women ovulates twice, it always happens within a 24 hour period. However, what can happen is that all signs point to ovulation and then stress or something happens and ovulation doesn't actually occur at that time and instead occurs again later.
From what I've read, you can release another egg 24 hours after the first. Also, if mucus is present prior to ovulation, technically you can conceive. Sperm can live for something like a week if mucus is present. So you can get pregnant on your period if any mucus is present (which can be hard to distinguish). Even if you have had regular cycles in the past, you can have one in which you ovulate earlier so it's important to always check for mucus if you're trying to avoid.
- How likely is it to become pregnant during infertile days/ non ovulation time???
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for May 17th-May 23~ 1 second ago
- › Constipated and Fed up 1 minute ago
- › Gender Disappointment / Expectation? 4 minutes ago
- › Is Anyone Else Feeling Lonely? 5 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 5 minutes ago
- › Belly Pictures 5 minutes ago
- › A Peaceful Pregnancy 6 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 7 minutes ago
- › Weekly thread May 13-19th 8 minutes ago
- › Childbirth classes? 9 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11