Hi, I got off birth control 9 months ago and only ovulated twice on my own. The other time I started my period 11 days past ovulation. I am currently on day 20! (I got it from a opk). No period and no positive pregnancy test. I have slight cramping on the left side. Is it possible to still be pregnant? I am beyond frustrated! By the way I go in for a blood test Monday.
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 7/21/12
Related Forum Threads
- Prenatals making me constipated? Last post on 12/6/13 at 2:51pm in Trying To Conceive
- New here and TTC #1. AF is late and needing some advice and answers! Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Trying to figure this charting thing out:) Last post on 12/6/13 at 4:22am in Trying To Conceive
- Am i pregnant ? Or is it something else ? Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:10am in Trying To Conceive
- Is this possibly a triphasic chart? Last post on 12/4/13 at 4:17pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
20 days past ovulationpost #2 of 87/21/12 at 1:11pm
Do you also take your temperature and chart? The reason I ask is, sometimes you can get a positive OPK and then NOT ovulate. Your body can make the "surge" of luteinizing hormone and then not actually ovulate. However, if you chart and see the thermal shift, you can confirm ovulation. So, at this point your body could still be waiting to ovulate.
If you did ovulate and you are on day 20 of your luteal phase, you could be pregnant and would almost certainly get a positive test at this point (although, rarely, some women can't get a positive test on a pee stick, and need a blood test to confirm). Or, another possibility is a luteal cyst.
I hope you can get some answers from your doctor. Also, if you don't chart and are interested in starting, I would recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It's a good read! :)
Best of luck to you, I'm sorry things feel frustrating right now!post #3 of 87/21/12 at 1:34pmThread Starter
Thank you so much for responding. Yes, I did. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e0003 The only thing is I went to spain 3 days after I ovulated and came back 2 days ago, so my sleep schedule was messed up a little, but if you notice, my temperature is still high for me. I was wondering about the two drastic dips. I wonder if I could've ovulated 6 days after the 'happy face' ovulation? and maybe the second dip would be an implantation dip? What do you think? I will definitely purchase the book! Thank you! Does a luteal cyst hurt?
post #4 of 87/21/12 at 1:36pmThread Starterpost #5 of 87/23/12 at 3:29am
From a quick glance at your chart, it looks to me like ovulation was on or around day 48, which would make you about 5 DPO today. If you had some more information (cervical mucus, cervical position, opk) that would help but you've got a big temp spike on that day, and the temperatures have stayed above the coverline (if FF had drawn one, which for some reason it hasn't?). Try playing with your settings a little bit on FF and see if you can get it to give you an O date.
Maybe some other charting ladies could chime in and give their opinions too :)post #6 of 87/23/12 at 5:23amThread Starter
The only thing that is different is that I traveled to Spain CD 35-36 and back on CD 51 so my days and nights were off. I appreciate you answering. Most of the CM is C. Especially after I work out. I don't know if that helps any? I just didn't put it in I guess. I did the OPK all the way until the + and it was -. I figured I wouldn't have to do it again since it said I ovulated. However my husband was not with me in Spain so the likelyhood of being pregnant is pretty low right? My nipples were also very tender at around 11 DPO but has pretty much gone away.post #7 of 87/23/12 at 2:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by bdrenko1
The only thing that is different is that I traveled to Spain CD 35-36 and back on CD 51 so my days and nights were off. I appreciate you answering. Most of the CM is C. Especially after I work out. I don't know if that helps any? I just didn't put it in I guess. I did the OPK all the way until the + and it was -. I figured I wouldn't have to do it again since it said I ovulated. However my husband was not with me in Spain so the likelyhood of being pregnant is pretty low right? My nipples were also very tender at around 11 DPO but has pretty much gone away.
Travel is notorious for causing delayed ovulation. Even if you're having fun, your body interprets it as stress. So, your body can "gear up" to ovulate and then say...oh dear....let's hold off, something's up.
Just keep in mind, OPK's cannot confirm ovulation, they can only confirm the surge of the lutienizing hormone, which is not always followed by an ovulation. Only a sustained thermal shift (followed by a period or a pregnancy) can tell you that yes, you ovulated. An ultrasound can also confirm ovulation, timed appropriately.
Hope that helps! Taking Charge of Your Fertility explains oh so much more eloquently than I can ! :)post #8 of 87/25/12 at 3:10pmThread Starter
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Single Mommas blogs? 2 minutes ago
- › What do you do........ 2 minutes ago
- › Sleeping Arrangements 4 minutes ago
- › What is your word for nursing? 5 minutes ago
- › In need of advice please 5 minutes ago
- › Introduction 6 minutes ago
- › belly pics :) 9 minutes ago
- › s/o xdh blackmailing me about my dating life 9 minutes ago
- › Announcing the News 10 minutes ago
- › Due Date Roll Call 13 minutes ago
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo