Hi, I got off birth control 9 months ago and only ovulated twice on my own. The other time I started my period 11 days past ovulation. I am currently on day 20! (I got it from a opk). No period and no positive pregnancy test. I have slight cramping on the left side. Is it possible to still be pregnant? I am beyond frustrated! By the way I go in for a blood test Monday.
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 7/21/12
Related Forum Threads
- TTC. I NEED HELP...PLEASE Last post on Yesterday at 9:44 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Cycle seems whacked. Last post on Today at 4:43 pm in Trying To Conceive
- 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th Last post on Today at 12:40 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Light periods Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:00pm in Trying To Conceive
- Baby aspirin Last post on 3/12/14 at 12:04pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
20 days past ovulationpost #2 of 87/21/12 at 1:11pm
Do you also take your temperature and chart? The reason I ask is, sometimes you can get a positive OPK and then NOT ovulate. Your body can make the "surge" of luteinizing hormone and then not actually ovulate. However, if you chart and see the thermal shift, you can confirm ovulation. So, at this point your body could still be waiting to ovulate.
If you did ovulate and you are on day 20 of your luteal phase, you could be pregnant and would almost certainly get a positive test at this point (although, rarely, some women can't get a positive test on a pee stick, and need a blood test to confirm). Or, another possibility is a luteal cyst.
I hope you can get some answers from your doctor. Also, if you don't chart and are interested in starting, I would recommend the book "Taking Charge of Your Fertility" by Toni Weschler. It's a good read! :)
Best of luck to you, I'm sorry things feel frustrating right now!post #3 of 87/21/12 at 1:34pmThread Starter
Thank you so much for responding. Yes, I did. http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/3e0003 The only thing is I went to spain 3 days after I ovulated and came back 2 days ago, so my sleep schedule was messed up a little, but if you notice, my temperature is still high for me. I was wondering about the two drastic dips. I wonder if I could've ovulated 6 days after the 'happy face' ovulation? and maybe the second dip would be an implantation dip? What do you think? I will definitely purchase the book! Thank you! Does a luteal cyst hurt?
post #4 of 87/21/12 at 1:36pmThread Starterpost #5 of 87/23/12 at 3:29am
From a quick glance at your chart, it looks to me like ovulation was on or around day 48, which would make you about 5 DPO today. If you had some more information (cervical mucus, cervical position, opk) that would help but you've got a big temp spike on that day, and the temperatures have stayed above the coverline (if FF had drawn one, which for some reason it hasn't?). Try playing with your settings a little bit on FF and see if you can get it to give you an O date.
Maybe some other charting ladies could chime in and give their opinions too :)post #6 of 87/23/12 at 5:23amThread Starter
The only thing that is different is that I traveled to Spain CD 35-36 and back on CD 51 so my days and nights were off. I appreciate you answering. Most of the CM is C. Especially after I work out. I don't know if that helps any? I just didn't put it in I guess. I did the OPK all the way until the + and it was -. I figured I wouldn't have to do it again since it said I ovulated. However my husband was not with me in Spain so the likelyhood of being pregnant is pretty low right? My nipples were also very tender at around 11 DPO but has pretty much gone away.post #7 of 87/23/12 at 2:48pmQuote:Originally Posted by bdrenko1
The only thing that is different is that I traveled to Spain CD 35-36 and back on CD 51 so my days and nights were off. I appreciate you answering. Most of the CM is C. Especially after I work out. I don't know if that helps any? I just didn't put it in I guess. I did the OPK all the way until the + and it was -. I figured I wouldn't have to do it again since it said I ovulated. However my husband was not with me in Spain so the likelyhood of being pregnant is pretty low right? My nipples were also very tender at around 11 DPO but has pretty much gone away.
Travel is notorious for causing delayed ovulation. Even if you're having fun, your body interprets it as stress. So, your body can "gear up" to ovulate and then say...oh dear....let's hold off, something's up.
Just keep in mind, OPK's cannot confirm ovulation, they can only confirm the surge of the lutienizing hormone, which is not always followed by an ovulation. Only a sustained thermal shift (followed by a period or a pregnancy) can tell you that yes, you ovulated. An ultrasound can also confirm ovulation, timed appropriately.
Hope that helps! Taking Charge of Your Fertility explains oh so much more eloquently than I can ! :)post #8 of 87/25/12 at 3:10pmThread Starter
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Bizarre question: gifted 4yo and potty training 3 minutes ago
- › unsupportive dr, not sure where to go from here. 4 minutes ago
- › Heartbroken & whole other host of emotions 6 minutes ago
- › Fruit makes me gag 10 minutes ago
- › OB vs. Midwife 17 minutes ago
- › Irrational fears, anyone? 20 minutes ago
- › 1983 to Present Day Vaccine Schedule....um, why aren't we regularly... 21 minutes ago
- › Homebirth Midwife in Layton/Ogden, UT? 23 minutes ago
- › Getting home from work (balancing unwinding and spending time w kids) 36 minutes ago
- › Anyone else feeling sick? 37 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild