We’re excited to announce the start of a new program that we're calling the Mothering Mavens, designed to put products into the hands of our passionate members to help business owners and brands learn what we are and what our families like and dislike about their products and services.
Only sponsors whose mission statements, goals, and team members are aligned with the Mothering community will be invited to participate in the Mothering Mavens program and engage with our members – that means that you won’t be trying out products that we don’t think are a good fit. We want to bring Mothering.com members and sponsors together in a mutually beneficial relationship where committed members can bring products into their homes and share honest feedback with the brand or manufacturer and the Mothering team.
The process will work like this:
- Members who are interested in participating will fill out a brief questionnaire.
- When a business owner or manufacturer wants to solicit feedback from members, interested members who completed the questionnaire will be selected (some at random, some based on questionnaire responses) and contacted.
- Selected members will gain access to a private forum in which they'll communicate directly with the company, and will be supplied with a product to test. Participants will be expected to leave honest feedback – honest, constructive criticism is appreciated.
There are several benefits to participation. Participants obviously get access to products for testing purposes, and have the ability to give direct feedback to the very people who can make a difference in a product. In the end, we want natural, sustainable alternatives to be the best they can be so that more mamas benefit!
How can you get "in", you ask? There are a few criteria. You must be:
- An active member of the community, with at least 30 posts and a member for more than 1 month
- Accessible, articulate, and trustworthy (offering reasonably prompt responses, and communicating your opinions effectively and with good detail)
- Able to commit to testing a product appropriately and leaving a review within 15 days of receiving the product.
Want to become a Mothering Maven? Just complete this questionnaire and we'll be in touch if you are selected!