So yesterday I used a new product (all natural from the Farmer's Market). I taste as I cook so I was gradually eating spoonfuls of it. The only ingredient not TRULY listed is "spices."
I was standing at the counter and alarm bells went off and I realized I had to focus to swallow...my throat was swelling. I grabbed the children's Benedryl and drank a couple of sips (straight from the bottle) The swelling stopped 15min later. I chucked the food (my DH didn't want it and I wasn't comfortable giving it to my toddlers just in case)
I crashed out early (Benedryl makes me super sleepy) and this morning I'm fine. My throat is a bit irritated but I'm otherwise good to go.
This is my FIRST semi-serious allergy experience. I'm allergic to topical things and I have seasonal allergies but this is the first time my throat has swollen...
Is there a next step? Do I need to get a panel done? I'm so confused.