or Connect
Mothering › Groups › March 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Acupuncture saved my life!

Acupuncture saved my life!

post #1 of 12
Thread Starter 

Okay, at least it felt like it. I started getting some pretty major nausea and vomiting in my fifth week and went to my ND hoping for something I could do. I thought my only option was prescription meds. I was vomiting anywhere from 3-7 times a day and was losing weight and fluids rapidly.

 

Instead, she sent me to an acupuncturist that day, who has been treating me 2x/week for a few weeks now. I haven't gotten sick in over a week and the number of foods I am able to tolerate has expanded. I still get some mild queasiness/nausea and food aversions, but now I can at least function and feel like a normal, uncomfortable pregnant lady.

 

I wish I could tell everyone I know, but since I'm not talking about the pregnancy yet, I'm telling all of you! I think it helps that my acupuncturist has a lot of experience treating women for fertility and pregnancy, but I'm sure there are plenty more like her. I just wanted to get the word out in case this helps someone. smile.gif

post #2 of 12

Impressive story! love.gif

post #3 of 12
I also find acupuncture to be very helpful in getting more of my appetite back so I can eat more nutritious energizing food. It also helps stabilize my pregnancy bowels. lol.gif
post #4 of 12

Wow, that's awesome!

post #5 of 12
So glad it's working for you! I also got acupuncture a week ago, and it made me feel a lot better. How long did the relief last for you, because it's been over a week and I'm starting to feel a little nervous that I don't feel more sick. redface.gif

btw, those of you farther along, when did morning sickness ease up for you?
post #6 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

So glad it's working for you! I also got acupuncture a week ago, and it made me feel a lot better. How long did the relief last for you, because it's been over a week and I'm starting to feel a little nervous that I don't feel more sick. redface.gif
btw, those of you farther along, when did morning sickness ease up for you?

 

I wish I could remember from when I was pregnant with Maggie.  I imagine that I can remember that it lasted a week or so.  But it was a while ago.  Are you still feeling nervous?  I love you!

 

(Hope it's okay with everyone if I stalk this group even though I'm not pregnant--Tear is my sister!)

post #7 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

So glad it's working for you! I also got acupuncture a week ago, and it made me feel a lot better. How long did the relief last for you, because it's been over a week and I'm starting to feel a little nervous that I don't feel more sick. redface.gif
btw, those of you farther along, when did morning sickness ease up for you?

 

The lady I've been seeing said that once I start feeling better, I shouldn't need to keep coming in. So, it would make sense that you're still feeling good. I honestly think I feel a little worse for a day after I see her and then much better for the rest of the days. After 4-6 total visits, I'm pretty much done seeing her for vomiting. It pretty much stopped after just a few sessions, which is totally surprising to me because I was miserable! 

 

Now to treat the headaches that have popped up this week...

post #8 of 12
Shawnamarie, THANK YOU for saying that! I feel a lot better in terms of morning sickness, and it's really worrying me. But I do feel other symptoms, and I feel stretchy at times. Ugh, I need to stop thinking about it I think. I'm glad you're doing much better. I am sure she can help with the headaches!

Carlyle, thanks for posting. I miss you! Yeah, I'm still worried. Ugh...I just have to wait, though. I hope to see you on Skype soon! love.gif
post #9 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

But I do feel other symptoms, and I feel stretchy at times. Ugh, I need to stop thinking about it I think.

treehugger.gif  I love you.  Hope you're able to enjoy your time in Germany despite feeling worried.  How hard!  I do think the acupuncture probably has a lot to do with it, and keep focusing on those other symptoms!  MWUH.

post #10 of 12
Feeling quite nauseous at the moment: thought I'd share. Thank you Carlyle, you're the best! blowkiss.gif

Btw, we were discussing gender signs, and I totally wonder if this is a boy, which also helps me feel better about less nausea. My us technician asked last time if I felt really nauseous with the pregnancy and I said yes, terribly, and she said that makes sense since we were having a girl. This time I feel much less nauseous. Also, she asked if I was craving salt over sweets and I said yes. This time I'm totally craving sweets. Then my mil said I should hold a necklace chain with a ring at the bottom between two fingers and see if it swings side to side (boy) or in a circle (girl). Mine swung side to side. This made me think about acupuncture (see, there is a connection here) and how the acupuncturist can feel your pulse and it feels different boy vs girl. I bet the necklace swinging thing has to do with your pulse. Anyway, it's fun to think about, and itll be fun to see later on, and it also helps me feel better about less nausea. smile.gif
post #11 of 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

Feeling quite nauseous at the moment: thought I'd share. Thank you Carlyle, you're the best! blowkiss.gif
Btw, we were discussing gender signs, and I totally wonder if this is a boy, which also helps me feel better about less nausea. My us technician asked last time if I felt really nauseous with the pregnancy and I said yes, terribly, and she said that makes sense since we were having a girl. This time I feel much less nauseous. Also, she asked if I was craving salt over sweets and I said yes. This time I'm totally craving sweets. Then my mil said I should hold a necklace chain with a ring at the bottom between two fingers and see if it swings side to side (boy) or in a circle (girl). Mine swung side to side. This made me think about acupuncture (see, there is a connection here) and how the acupuncturist can feel your pulse and it feels different boy vs girl. I bet the necklace swinging thing has to do with your pulse. Anyway, it's fun to think about, and itll be fun to see later on, and it also helps me feel better about less nausea. smile.gif


love.gif  Oh it would be fun to have a boy in the family!  Or another girl!  Or another squishy baby!  Yay for feeling crummy.  That is, YOU feeling crummy...not me.  luxlove.gif

post #12 of 12
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post

This made me think about acupuncture (see, there is a connection here) and how the acupuncturist can feel your pulse and it feels different boy vs girl. I bet the necklace swinging thing has to do with your pulse. Anyway, it's fun to think about, and itll be fun to see later on, and it also helps me feel better about less nausea. smile.gif

 

Actually, my acupuncturist took my pulse to determine the sex of the baby at my first appointment. I didn't want to know though, so she just wrote it down in my chart. Later, I'll see if she was right. :)

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: March 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › March 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › Acupuncture saved my life!