Welcome to our newest members!! I hope you make yourselves at home here and I look forward to getting to know you! =)
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- topic2013 Due Date Clubstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicBirth Preparationtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicDue Date Clubstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicHealthy Pregnancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productManual Woodworkers Duet Tote Diaper Bagtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- categoryPregnancy Birth And Beyondtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- topicPregnancy Week By Weektagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
- productQuest for Conception: Gender, Infertility, and Egyptian Medical Traditionstagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/16/13
Related Forum Threads
- Preparing for Birth Last post on 9/25/13 at 2:18pm in December 2013 Due Date Club
- October 2013 Chit Chat Last post on 11/1/13 at 5:57am in November 2011 Due Date Club
- *~*~*~ October Chat Thread for Nov. DDC ~*~*~* Last post on 11/2/13 at 7:22am in November 2013 Due Date Club
- Post-partum check in here! Last post on 3/12/14 at 8:04am in October 2013 Due Date Club
- Weekly chat 9/16-9/22 Last post on 9/23/13 at 9:29am in September 2013 Due Date Club
Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?
Last edited: 8/5/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and Postpartum HealingLast edited: 3/4/14
- The Lies We Live WithLast edited: 1/22/14
- Taking Care of Yourself After Baby: There is No Such Thing as NormalLast edited: 6/5/13
Welcome to the April 2013 Due Date Club! (Roster & Intros!) - Page 9post #161 of 21910/30/12 at 8:23pmpost #162 of 21910/31/12 at 12:29amThread Starterpost #163 of 21911/1/12 at 3:23pm
- EDD April 28th
post #164 of 21911/4/12 at 7:49pm
- Age: 30
- State or Country: New Mexico
- How long it took to you to get your BFP: We've been trying since late 2010 and have had 2 miscarriages
- What number child is this for you: 3rd
- Family: DH is in the US Air Force, DD1 is in Kindergarten, DD2 is 3 and she stays home with me
- Baby's Gender: Guessing and hoping for boy
- Birth Plans/Preferences: Preference is a home birth, but not likely with our insurance and current location so maybe try a water birth this time.
Hi! I'm very happy to be here! :)
- EDD: 4-4-12
- Your Name: Joyce
- Age: 36
- State or Country: Maryland
- How long it took to you to get your BFP: about three months or so? (We conceived this one 10 months after the birth of our first, and my cycles had returned around 7 months postpartum.)
- What number child is this for you: 2 living, 1 miscarriage
- Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): husband, son, German Shepherd, Maine Coon mix
- Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Hopefully finding out this Wednesday! Either will be awesome.
- Birth Plans/Preferences: I delivered our son at our local hospital, and plan to do the same with this one. Son's birth was a really great experience. I was induced after 42 weeks, but my Bishop score was good, and labor proceeded well; other than the pitocin, we had a med-free natural birth. Our midwife and the nurses were all very supportive of natural birth, and did not even blink when I told them I wanted my placenta for encapsulation. They delayed cord clamping, gave us immediate skin-to-skin, and didn't take him away for anything else (including bathing) until I allowed it. It was really the best hospital experience I could have hoped for.
post #165 of 21911/5/12 at 7:35ampost #166 of 21911/5/12 at 7:28pm
- Anything else you'd like to share: Our first pregnancy ended in miscarriage at 18 weeks. When I got pregnant a few months later with my son, I was pretty anxious the whole time. I'm usually not a nervous person. I'm determined to get back to my normal self, and I'm trying to relax and not worry - I am pregnant right now, and that's what I focus on.
I'm due mid-April
I'm Jessica, 39 yrs
This is baby #3 for us (we have 2 boys, 5 and 2) no preference it can be boy or girl
I live in the Canadian Rockies
I have always charted my temps and got pregnant within 2-3 cycles every time, although I've miscarried twice
First baby was unnecessarean, second HBAC and this one at home in the water with same midwife as baby 2
This will be our last baby, so I'm trying to enjoy it. It feels like it's going by fast! Excited to snuggle & wear one more baby!post #167 of 21911/6/12 at 5:38ampost #168 of 21911/6/12 at 5:41ampost #169 of 21911/6/12 at 1:35pm
- EDD: 4-1-12
- Your Name: Amy
- Age: 34
- State or Country: Oregon, Portland Metro area
- How long it took to you to get your BFP: Don't know what a BFP is
- What number child is this for you: #2
- Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): husband, DS 1 (age 2), dog
- Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I was totally feeling girl with this one, but the ultrasound says boy. Oh well. So much for intuition.
- Birth Plans/Preferences: I delivered DS 1at our local hospital, and barring unusual circumstances, will be doing the same thing. DS 1 was born on his EDD. We'll see about this one. Other than the pitocin at the end (when labor stalled out a bit), we had a med-free natural birth. Having a doula was very helpful though. The hospital experience was fine.
post #170 of 21911/11/12 at 5:10amHi all! I'm Melanie, Happy to be here!
- Anything else you'd like to share: I'm surrounded by boys!
EDD - April 22, 2013
Your Name: Melanie
State or Country: New Jersey
How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 weeks!
What number child is this for you: First
Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband, one fur baby, Peaches, a chihuahua.
Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):It's a surprise, but my gut is telling me boy.
Birth Plans/Preferences: As of now, birth plan is natural birth in hospital, med free with a doula.
Blog, website or the like:
Anything else you'd like to share:post #171 of 21911/18/12 at 3:04pmpost #172 of 21911/19/12 at 6:35pm
- EED: April 16
- Your Name: Jannette
- Age: 23
- State or Country: IA
- What number child is this for you:1
- Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): 1 hubby 2 horses 1 dog
- Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): the polls (yea i polled my facebook) 80% girl 15% boy 5% no gender just healthy - i'm a no preferance person. :)
- Birth Plans/Preferences: Natural childbirth w/ doula & MW @ a hospital
- Anything else you'd like to share: 1 Previous M/C @ 14 weeks. super stoked about this one :)
you can add me when you get time to :)
Edited by nettster - 11/19/12 at 7:05pmpost #173 of 21911/21/12 at 1:07pm
post #174 of 21911/26/12 at 12:07pmpost #175 of 21911/26/12 at 6:54pm
- EDD.. April 30th 2013 :)
- Name: Mercedes Delgado & Husband Adam Delgado
- Age: 20
- State & City: San Antonio, TX
- What number child is this for you: 1st
- Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): We're hoping for a girl, we find out on the 28th of this month! Super excited to find out.
- Blog, website or the like: Facebook, Adam-Mercedes Delgado
post #176 of 21911/30/12 at 1:52pm
- EDD (feel free to use beginning/middle/end of month, if you prefer): April 14
- Your Name: (if you would like to share) Julie
- Age: 32
- State or Country: Southwestern Ohio
- How long it took to you to get your BFP: 7 long long long long long years. Did I say long?
- What number child is this for you: #1
- Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband is Sean, furbabies are Winston & Mr. Puddin the kitties and Zoe and Sadie the puppies.
- Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): We just found out today that it's a boy!
- Birth Plans/Preferences: I'm planning a natural hospital birth with a doula.
- Blog, website or the like:
- Anything else you'd like to share: I'm a plus sized mom, and am always interested in the experiences of other plus sized moms as well.
Hi! Finally joining after lurking for way,way too long (on both MDC and this DDC)
- EDD: April 4
post #177 of 21911/30/12 at 5:13pmpost #178 of 21912/1/12 at 6:47ampost #179 of 21912/1/12 at 8:12ampost #180 of 21912/1/12 at 4:40pm
- Your Name: Nicole
- Age: 34
- State or Country: SW Ohio (hi Julie who posted right before me!)
- How long it took to you to get your BFP: 2 months
- What number child is this for you: #3
- Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Husband, DS 8.5 years, DD 6.5 years, and Lizzie the cat
- Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Either! I am going with boy, husband thinks girl... We did not find out at the 20wk ultrasound.
- Birth Plans/Preferences: Trying for our 3rd homebirth!
- EDD - April 22nd
- Your Name: Kate
- Age: 23
- State or Country: New York
- How long it took to you to get your BFP: Well to be honest we weren't trying but we weren't preventing it either. Just leaving it up to fate.
- What number child is this for you: First pregnancy to come this far. Had a miscarriage in 2008.
- Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): My husband Nathan and our cat Tucker.
- Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): Just had my anatomy scan and it looks like its going to be a boy! I would have been happy either way.
- Birth Plans/Preferences: Planning on a natural home water birth with two of the best midwives in the area. It's been a tough decision as I haven't had much support from my family but I'm going to do what I think is best.
- Anything else you'd like to share: I've been looking at forums a lot over the past few months and reading what other expectant moms have had to say about anything that pops into my head and I finally decided it was time to join one and ask some of the questions I haven't already found. I thought the interaction with other pregnant mothers in my situation would be fun.
- Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
- › ~* November 2014 Roll Call *~ 1 minute ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 1 minute ago
- › Breastfed 10 month old son still not eating solids 3 minutes ago
- › share your baby name finding resources 3 minutes ago
- › The symptoms Thread 5 minutes ago
- › aliana 6 minutes ago
- › aliana 8 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 9 minutes ago
- › Christian mom April '14 10 minutes ago
- › SLC / Davis County Area, Utah - Birthing Centers/Midwives 14 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool