or Connect
Mothering › Groups › September 2012 Due Date Club › Discussions › Weekly Chat 7/30-8/4

Weekly Chat 7/30-8/4 - Page 5

post #81 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava's Mama View Post

DH and I are doing better.  I started going a "30 day celebration of why I love/appreciate Aaron" - so every morning I put a sticky note on the mirror saying why I love/appreciate him.  I didn't ask him to do it, but he liked how it made him feel so he is doing it now too.  

 

It was also quick (it had been a while) which was good for me!  

Isn't that cool how that works? I noticed that after I talked things out with DH and he started doing little things to make me happy, I was even more inclined to do more little things for him that I knew he would appreciate. I'm so glad you guys found a way to make your marriage a happier environment! 

 

I love quick too!! Sometimes guys think they need to go forever and stave it off, but short and sweet is so much easier for my big, pregnant butt! I guess that's a nice side effect of not having the sex drive I used to: when it happens, it's been a little while. ;)

 

Originally Posted by judybean View Post

(but... my house? it's totally stressing me out.  It needs so. much. work. and it's overwhelming and dh just says, "I'll take care of it, you need to rest," but then does nothing. *sigh* ... he doesn't realize how much MORE that stresses me out... because he WON'T do it.. not until it's almost past time it needs done and then he'll be all grumbly and huffy about having to do it, which stresses me out EVEN MORE!  Gah!!).

 

Grrr!  I HATE that! Word's ain't gonna cut it, buddy! I would much rather take on things myself then think I can rely on someone else and have them bail on me.

 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by MIrandaM View Post

MissE, you're back! I'd been wondering where you were :)

He shows affection in a billion other ways, but it would also be nice if DH mentioned ONE TIME that he thought I looked great pregnant or anything along those lines. 

 

Actually, this is kind of petty, but hey who can I vent to if not you ladies?  Yesterday I met DH for lunch with some of his colleagues, I rode my bike to the restaurant and they drove in from the office . . . we all left at the same time so when he got home DH mentioned that his colleague (who is kind of a friend of ours) noticed I was on my bike . . . and instead of the comment or DH's response being something like 'cool that your wife is still active and riding her bike 8 months pregnant', the guy said that my saddle was down too low - and DH told him that he tells me that all the time but I never listen.  :(  I just kind of felt like why would DH even tell me that story, and why would he not have something positive to say about me instead of just agreeing with the guy?  Guess I'm feeling kind of vulnerable to criticism these days!!

 

Is anyone doing perineal stretching/massage?  It's a big thing over here, they have special oils for it and it's been recommended multiple times by my OB, my midwife, and our birth preparation class instruction.  It can be done solo or with your partner, I tried it last night and big yikes was it sore.  The DIY version you use two fingers, for the partner they use two thumbs - I'm a lil nervous to ask for his help at this point if it means two thumbs. 

 

Well I LOVE that you're riding your bike! I'm so impressed and I bet you look so cute doing it! Guys are just dumb sometimes and you have to really coach them on the things you want to hear. I'll flat out tell DH exactly what I need to hear from him. Or sometimes the more gentle approach works. Tell him you really need to feel beautiful right now and if he told you so out of the blue it would just make you SO happy! 

 

So, I tried the perineal stretching and I think it just made me feel nervous! Everything is so STRONG down there, it's daunting to think of it all moving out of the way! My doula said that the jury's still out as to whether or not stretching beforehand makes all that big of a difference, so I think I might just opt out. 

 

 

Windycitymom- so sorry about the antibiotics! I HATE antibiotics and avoid them as much as possible. It sounds like you're doing everything you can with some good natural remedies as well and hopefully you can get everything figured out. I like to do a big variety of probiotics, too. Kefir, buttermilk, kombucha, sauerkraut, kimchi and also the probiotic pills that have as many strains as possible. There are ones that are encapsulated specifically to dissolve in the intestines. Although, because they stay intact in your stomach, I actually burped one up one time! Talk about a bizarre surprise! 

 

Anybody else crazy protective of their belly? If DH accidentally puts any weight on it, I'll gasp really loudly like something terrible just happened. I remember one time recently where we were making out with him on top and I had this lightning fast reflex to shove him off of me as hard as I could when I could feel him starting to put weight on my baby. 

post #82 of 118

Oh goodness, I have been so MIA recently. I've been reading on my phone daily, but I haven't posted in so long! Such stressful times for so many of us. I hope that things settle down and we can all have the chance relax a little before babies start making their arrivals!

 

I had to chime in today and share because I have determined when my baby is going to make his arrival, maybe this will make a few of you smile wink1.gif The timing would be so incredibly inconvenient, of course he would decide it's the perfect time to come! September 8th. First, we'll get the silly one out of the way, I hate the number 8, so there's that. Second, there is a home football game that day. Our hospital is about a block away from the university football stadium, on the same road. The roads all around the stadium (AKA hospital) all change to accommodate all the extra traffic trying to get to or from the stadium. Literally, entire multi-lane roads will all become inbound or outbound FOR HOURS. It's a complete disaster for everyone in the city who is not going to the game. I'm dying a little inside thinking about how long it will take to get to the hospital if we're fighting the road closures and traffic leaving the stadium after the game (not that going the same direction as everyone else trying to get to the game would be a picnic or anything). And finally, my doctor will be out of town that weekend and I may have to fight tooth and nail for the birthing experience I want with some random, dim-witted, narrow-minded, OB I've never met.

 

This is about a week before my guess date, so what do you think, do I have a little show-off growing inside me who wants the craziest birth story he can get? I almost feel like I should be counting down!

post #83 of 118

Oh wow- very active thread this week! Going to try to respond to things, sorry if I miss anyone!

 

2sweetsparrows and MirandaM, thank you for the kind words. My friend left this morning with a promise to come back again once her 'niece' is here. It was a really good visit, really wonderful to have her here, and I'm just so impressed with how strong and smart she is and how well she's dealing with the rotten hand she was dealt.. Part of her deal moving forward is investing in the relationships she feels are truly positive and worthwhile, and it feels great to know that our friendship falls in that category. :)

 

Calpurnia, THANK YOU! notes2.gif  Soaking up those tips on relieving piriformis pain from someone who's been there!

 

Jend, I'm so sorry about your dog. It's so hard to lose a companion, a friend, that's been a constant presence in your life for so long.. sending a big hug. Hope you're doing okay.

 

wendipauline, hang in there! My hat is off to you for all the work you've done taking care of these babies so far. We'll all be thinking of you over these next couple of weeks.

 

Everyone with partner woes, sending a hug. Judy said it all so sweetly and eloquently that there's not much I could think to add.. just hope that they all pull it together, and soon. Sounds like there's some progress on this front in some cases, which is encouraging. :)

 

mole, it's wonderful that this prolonged period of travel is drawing to a close and that you're going to get some vacation time with your sweetie! Your question about the nebulous time clock cracked me up. (And Calpurnia (again!) FWIW- I totally get what you mean. I'm actually hoping mine does not come before her due date for ridiculous work reasons, but I am conscious of entering this strange period where she could arrive any time and there's no way of knowing.) Also can relate, mole, to the bra saga- I purchased better-fitting bras as well but continue to struggle with the underwire. Not particularly looking forward to visiting the land of no underwire while working on breastfeeding, but on the bright side I figure I won't be out and about too much initially anyway.

 

sex- we've been off and on--as much to do with his long hours at work as my libido or energy level--but last week had sex a couple of times, lying down with him behind and modifications of that. It's admittedly not the greatest for direct stimulation, but ours has always been a pro-toy union (I don't really do sex that doesn't involve me having an orgasm), so that makes up for whatever the belly might get in the way of doing more organically.

 

ascher, sorry about the cancellations.. that's happened to me, and even though it wasn't quite as last-minute it is frustrating. I tell myself it's the tradeoff for the flexibility I get in other aspects of care, and thinking of it that way it's not so bad.

 

Evi, hey! And, to your hubby.. WTH? In what universe is 2am a good time to talk to a tired, crying, overworked pregnant lady about how she can fix her libido?? Call me crazy, but if you're anything like me I have a strong suspicion that HE could do a little 'libido enhancement' just by taking some of the work off your plate. Argh.

 

Judy, fingers crossed for good BP readings in future appointments.. it sounds like you know why it was high and have a good handle on it and lots of support, so that's reassuring!

 

ArtificialRed, the 8th it is! :-p (You know, your comment about not liking the number 8-- I can dig my EDD number, September 15, because it seems like a nice, solid number, but I have also had thoughts about having a baby on a number like 22 or 26, which just don't feel as good to me. Are we both total weirdos? Any others in the house?)

 

sensitive belly- I don't remember who asked about this, but yeah! I am very sensitive about any unintentional pressure on the belly. I'm not scared of it/nervouse about it, but it does not feel comfortable at all. So if my husband is trying to give me hugs and kisses in bed, I almost always end up reminding him to please not have his elbow on my stomach, or pressure from his upper arm, or whatever. Sadly, this also means the belly is out as a tray table for the laptop when reclining in bed. ;-p

 

And a quick AFM- I've had a LLL meeting on my calendar for forever, that's tonight at 7:30. On the one hand, I'm proud of this chapter for setting their meetings at a time that doesn't presume you're free during the workday, but on the other hand, I'm kind of infamous for haaaaating to leave the house after, say, 7pm (because that almost invariably means I'll be coming home late too, and my evening wind-down time/early bedtime is sacred). It's the one on breastfeeding problems, and I know it would be a good idea to go, but.. ... ..... :\ Not sure it's gonna happen.

post #84 of 118

@Hyde: You are TOTALLY right LOL. Now libido issues have been with us throughout our marriage. I genereally am not a very overly sexual person. There's hardly any time of the month that I'm more into sex. I never wanna 'do it' but once we get started I do enjoy it. Weird. I have noticed not being able to shut my mind off. I think about what else I could do right now and also...10am in the morning right after breakfast when the kids are bouncing off the wall is generally not a good time for me to be humped on LOL. We'll work it out somehow. I haven't been in a lovey dovey mood in quite some time and I envy all of you who average 2-3 times a WEEK...A WEEK!!!...holy mols. My husband would be one happy guy :).

 

@WCM: Wow, seems like about anything would risk you out of a VBAC huh? I sure hope for you that it'll work out. I showed up at my OBs office two weeks ago with my birth plan in hand. She ok-ed everything and even offered to just give me a heplock instead of an IV. I would still have to be on continuous fetal monitoring though. So no walking the halls but that's ok with me. She said if I was to test GBS+ then they'd give me the antibiotics, takes about 20 minutes and then cut it off, leave me with the heplock and repeat antibiotics again at a later time as labor progresses. She said to bring popsicles and chicken broth (I'm going for coconut water) for rehydration. I didn't think it was that easy. With DS (before my c/s) I was on an antibiotics IV for four hours I believe. I have decided not to do anything to prevent a GBS+ test. I will be taking my probiotic (who suggested to get the enteric coated? That's what I got...can't complain, seems to be doing its job digestion wise :)) and extra Vitamin C like every day and that's it. Good luck to you and I'm so sorry for the infection again. I can only imagine. I have never - knockonwood- had a UTI, bladder infection or any kind of yeast infection. Now I jinxed myself....I know it.

post #85 of 118

MissE- Yep, the end of this pregnancy is just a ton of fun lol.gif How awesome that they OKed your birth plan.  I think I can have the heploc in, but I don't think i'm "allowed" to eat just because I'm a VBAC.  Or a VTOL, as they call it (vaginal trial of labor, because, yknow, it's nearly impossible to coax a baby out of my vagina!) .Just curious, what brand of probiotics are you using?  I've used a couple of different brands in the past but I'm going shopping tomorrow and kind of want to try something new.

post #86 of 118

Evi- You know, I think the whole thing about not being in the mood but enjoying it once it happens comes down to the difference between how the male and female minds work. You ask a man, "Hey, you wanna have sex?" in passing conversation, he's probably going to say, "Sure!" You ask us out of the blue, in the middle of cleaning or fixing dinner, or TRYING TO SLEEP: "Hey, you wanna have sex?" the answer is probably going to be "Ummm, no? I'm in the middle of something, here. Thanks for asking." Just like how they love to immediately direct your hand to their more sensitive parts, they assume they should just go straight for yours? NO! Touch everywhere EXCEPT for there. I'm a different piece of equipment, thanks. 

post #87 of 118
I'm glad someone else brought up the sex question, because we've been struggling a little. Mostly because DH doesn't mention any interest until we're headed to bed. He can stay up and read for an hour, but I need more sleep then he does under normal circumstances, so now, 8 months pg, I'm going to bed before him and staying in bed after he gets up. So, I can keep saying 'no' and reminding him to ask earlier (we have 1-2 hours after the boys are in bed), or I can mention it earlier except that I have no drive to speak of. In fact, having kids has totally bummed my sex drive because I'm a morning roll-around-in-bed person, but my boys wake up at least an hour before I do naturally (before kids, my drive was at least twice DH's). We are just now getting to the point where, on a weekend morning, we can get a little personal time if they will go play nicely together, and that is going to end in 4-9 weeks =/. One thing DH has figured out, though, is that instead of asking, he'll help me finish my chores (his is putting boys to bed, but I don't always finish the other stuff in that time- Like right now, I'm writing to y'all), and then rub my back and cuddle a bit before asking. Much, much higher success rate. I guess it'd just be too perfect if he thought to start before bedtime! I'm also glad to hear of many others using toys- they have been indispensable since having kids has lead to mostly quickies. However, I never asked about their use during pregnancy for fear of hearing they are not good for some reason.
post #88 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissE View Post

@Hyde: You are TOTALLY right LOL. Now libido issues have been with us throughout our marriage. I genereally am not a very overly sexual person. There's hardly any time of the month that I'm more into sex. I never wanna 'do it' but once we get started I do enjoy it. Weird. I have noticed not being able to shut my mind off. I think about what else I could do right now and also...10am in the morning right after breakfast when the kids are bouncing off the wall is generally not a good time for me to be humped on LOL. We'll work it out somehow. I haven't been in a lovey dovey mood in quite some time and I envy all of you who average 2-3 times a WEEK...A WEEK!!!...holy mols. My husband would be one happy guy :).

 

I can relate! We met when I was in my early/mid 20s and I had more sexual desire generally then, but in the past couple of years it's much less often that I will feel spontaneously inspired. For some reason my hormones don't get ramped up like they used to. But like you say, the sex we do have is good and mutually enjoyable, so if I'm not not into it, if it's not just horrible timing for whatever reason, I'll roll with it knowing that I'll most likely be into it within a few minutes. Even with that though, we probably averaged 1x/week pre-pregnancy, less often now--and that's without any kids in the house! (And I'm sure you guys will be fine. I'm still mad at the 2am thing though.. give him a dope slap for me?)

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotoMom View Post

Evi- You know, I think the whole thing about not being in the mood but enjoying it once it happens comes down to the difference between how the male and female minds work. You ask a man, "Hey, you wanna have sex?" in passing conversation, he's probably going to say, "Sure!" You ask us out of the blue, in the middle of cleaning or fixing dinner, or TRYING TO SLEEP: "Hey, you wanna have sex?" the answer is probably going to be "Ummm, no? I'm in the middle of something, here. Thanks for asking." Just like how they love to immediately direct your hand to their more sensitive parts, they assume they should just go straight for yours? NO! Touch everywhere EXCEPT for there. I'm a different piece of equipment, thanks. 


Most of this applies to me too. Obviously there's a whole range of sexual response and not a purely male/female thing, I hate to paint men like 24/7 sex machines because I have rarely found that to be the case, but in my relationship, yeah, these overall differences are there. LOL @ the last part especially.. I have to protect my nipples like a mama bear after her cubs until I'm sufficiently aroused.. or they will be hoovered off. There is SUCH a difference between how sensations feel before and after I'm warmed up, but unfortunately hubby doesn't always pick up on where that line is.

post #89 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyde View Post

There is SUCH a difference between how sensations feel before and after I'm warmed up, but unfortunately hubby doesn't always pick up on where that line is.

I couldn't agree more with that statement!

post #90 of 118

wow am i THE ONLY ONE who has a DH who is completely uninterested and is bummed about it...... i read through the last page here of out weekly chat because im way behind and it seems like everyone's hubby is trying to make something happen i guess im the only one being completely shut out sexually :/ I swear i think its been about four months, its gotten to the point where i find it impossible to approach him about it because i feel so unwanted and unattractive :( i was thinking of trying to take one more stab at getting something to happen tomorrow (we have company coming in on saturday for about a week and he has always been very intense about being shut down that way when someone is staying with us) sigh...ive really been feeling like our connection is lacking and just wish we had any physical relationship at this point i think it would help alot... 

post #91 of 118

No SilverMoonMama, you aren't the only one. It really, really bothered me when I was pregnant with DD, but this time, I expected it. If I want anything to happen at all, I need to initiate, and not be subtle about it, at all. And often that doesn't even work. I think we've DTD about 4 times since getting pregnant. It really does become a vicious circle. It's really hard to make those first moves when you aren't feeling super sexy anyways, and then your self confidence takes another hit every time you're rejected, making it even harder to try again. I'm a lot more zen about it this time.  While I wish DH and I were more in sync on a physical level, I know that things will go back to normal eventually (or at least to a new normal) but I wanted to let you know you're not alone!

post #92 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtificialRed View Post

Second, there is a home football game that day. Our hospital is about a block away from the university football stadium, on the same road. The roads all around the stadium (AKA hospital) all change to accommodate all the extra traffic trying to get to or from the stadium. Literally, entire multi-lane roads will all become inbound or outbound FOR HOURS. It's a complete disaster for everyone in the city who is not going to the game.
Oh my gosh! We're not football people, but we're in a college football town, too, and I didn't even think of this! I need to look up the schedule right now! It's not as bad as what you're describing, but I've been operating under a 10-minutes-to-the-hospital assumption, and that's definitely not the case if it's during a game. Arrr!

Hugs to all the mamas dealing with SO and other issues greensad.gif I don't think I've been really short-fused lately, except that I did think a very, very mean thing about my MIL on Monday, and then mentally I resolved to be more patient with her and then I said something mean and snippy today without thinking that I know hurt her feelings, which maybe is not the end of the world, but it's frustrating that A) I let myself just totally lose my patience with her and B) even when I'm actively trying to work on it, I still am so uncharitable. We actually had a pretty good relationship before DD was born (DH and I were married 6 years before she was born and dated 2 years prior to that) and things have gone somewhat south over parenting differences and also since they moved from several states over to the town where we live.
post #93 of 118
WCM, I use and love Florajen3 probiotics... midwife recommended them and they've made such a positive difference for me. Can't remember exactly what she said she loved about them but it was something like they have two different kinds of probiotics instead of one? I don't know, but I love them, found them at whole foods.

MirandaM, perineal massage sounds so painful right now- all of my lady parts are so sore! And I would be very nervous to ask SO to help with that- not to mention it would probably freak him out in a major way, hah! I know it's supposed to be really beneficial though, so I hope you can get some massage time in and that it ends up being helpful for you.


We are not engaging in any sexy time- not surprising, I know, considering that I have been posting about how disconnected we are. I miss it very much. I would love a good make out or snuggle session. Not sure how sex itself would work because I'm so unwieldy but I wish we could try. Hell, I wish I could just get a goodnight kiss. I think he might be truly freaking about the babies, but he won't talk to me so... yeah.

Anyway, I am 35 weeks and had my ultrasound and NST and visit today. Baby A has had a huge growth spurt and their sizes are no longer considered discordant! Yay!! I'm proud of my girl. Everyone keeps saying the babies look great, but I still have a hard time really believing it. Did I really carry two babies for 35 weeks? And they look healthy?! And I'm going to deliver them in a hospital and take them home? Its all so surreal and I know this probably sounds so silly, but I have a hard time believing this is really happening! smile.gif
post #94 of 118

Jend Huge hugs, mama.  What a hard, hard thing to do but be comforted that you can give your friend peace.  These little guys get into our hearts in unspeakable ways.  Our little cat passed in my arms while scheduling her appointment to be released from her pain and I miss her in ways I've never missed any kitty.  But, I cherish getting to have had her company for the years we had her.

 

ascher21 decline to comment ;)  With DD1 and DD2 I gained 9 and 13 lbs, respectively.  With these girls...whoa mama.  I worry my knees might snap under the weight. Granted, for the first two, I was certainly plus sized before.  Pregnancy weight comes off readily...it's stuff you had on before that can be a bit trickier and I lose all my weight and then gain nursing.  Your body knows what it needs to do.  With my first two pregnancies I never controlled weight gain or restriction and that was the result...with this pregnancy, same deal and I've gained more per individual baby than I ever have for either DD before.

 

calpurnia7  yeah for heads down :)

 

Lazurite  Yeah, I've gained while nursing too.  Not cool.  So not cool.  But very worth it.

 

help007  It just hit me this week too that I need to be ready for school lunches too!!  For my eldest DD, I think she is good to go and I am just crossing fingers DD2 will settle right in as easily as her sister did when we brought her home!  The only thing I would have like to change is explaining more to DD1 about the hospital.   I showed up to labor with a gift for her, not having said anything more than our typical morning goodbye, to find out that due to the avian flu all children younger than 18 were temporarily banned from the hospital.  I burst into tears as I had never been separated from her for the night and she spent the next two days asking Daddy if I would come home if she was good enough.  In hindsight, I would have prepared her more.  It was the only part of the transition she seemed to have trouble with.  She was smitten with her sister the minute she lay eyes on her and always was there wanting to help and be involved.

 

Congrats to all the 35 weekers  I am just focusing on getting there!

 

MadiMamacita I dunno...the body just works it out position-wise for what it wants ;) and it has been different for each pregnancy.  Our perinatologist told us to stop at week 16 just because that is what he tells everyone (glad we ignored him).   Though when we asked our OB if we had the green light I just about bust out laughing in the examining room when he said sure but please no swinging from chandeliers.  I've been really lucky to have pain free pregnancies in the past so that helped and it seems that it is a good distraction from some of the aches I've acquired this time around.  Also, if it is a varicosity you will know, trust me.  It was like Holy $hit and OMG what's that all of a sudden.

 

MamanFrancaise  DD1 moved way up in my abdomen after coitus and DH felt so horrible that he avoided me like the plague for weeks!

 

AnyaRose  Bravado even makes a somewhat sexy plunge nursing bra with underwire and softcups!  I like the Medela bra for the first weeks home when your breasts get obscene but the Bravado one is perfect for the time past that.  I have the size you need right now from before getting pg so I know you are good to go :)  I went up to I with DD2!  Breakout Bras has a nice maternity/nursing section.

 

Judybean  will be thinking good thoughts for you!

 

wendipauline, windycitymom ((((Hugs))))

post #95 of 118
Quote:
Anyway, I am 35 weeks and had my ultrasound and NST and visit today. Baby A has had a huge growth spurt and their sizes are no longer considered discordant! Yay!! I'm proud of my girl. Everyone keeps saying the babies look great, but I still have a hard time really believing it. Did I really carry two babies for 35 weeks? And they look healthy?! And I'm going to deliver them in a hospital and take them home? Its all so surreal and I know this probably sounds so silly, but I have a hard time believing this is really happening! smile.gif

 

Huge congratulations!!! That is awesome!  I am doing my best to make it to 35 weeks as that is the cut off point to when I can deliver with my regular OB.

 

Go baby A!!!  What a relief.  Our girls do not have discordant sizes but C is the smallest and it always makes me nervous as it has only been recently (but they did tell me that someone has to be the smallest).  I understand the elation you are feeling having her grow a bit more :)

post #96 of 118

No, you are not.  DH is not interested, has NO drive whatsoever and I'm all... HONEY!!!!  come on... he's all... if i have to.  What a way to kill WHATEVER moment there may have been.  um... this is not always when I'm PG either.  He initiates NOTHING and I'm sick and tired of trying to initiate when he has NO clue what i'm trying to do.  I have to come right out and say it and then he's all... it's not spontaneous enough.  WTF!  be a man and want sex!  ARGHH!!!!!  

 

okay, vent over.  just know you are not alone.

post #97 of 118
Thread Starter 

Sex...Hmmm. We weren't very active before because, like someone else said on here, my mind races and it's hard to get in the mood. We have a rule, mostly because of my anxiety-related libido, that any intimacy is sex. So when I'm not up for penetration we still do other things, and he enjoys that, too. :) I would say it's been tougher lately and yes, I've been dreaming of sex, but I'm not pregnant in those dreams. I try to make it a point to try to do something on the weekends, but it doesn't always happen. I used to feel like a failure because it took a lot for me to get in the mood, but I realized that the amount of sex we have doesn't define how much we love each other, and I just have a slower libido. That's just how I am. I still don't know how we managed to do it so much when we were ttc! Those were an exhausting 10 months!

post #98 of 118

Wendipauline, yay for Baby A catching up! You must be thrilled! I'm in awe of all of you mamas of multiples. You've all done such an amazing job!

 

13pumpkins, when do you hit 35 weeks? Keeping my fingers crossed you can get there and be able to deliver with your OB of choice!

 

Perenial Massage - From what I've read, there's very little evidence it does any good, so if it stresses you out, I wouldn't bother. I think the main advantage is that it can help you learn to relax when you feel pain and pressure on your perenium, so if it works for you, go for it, but don't worry if you hate it. Personally, it isn't something I feel the need to practice. I tried it a few times with DD, but the mental place I was in during practice was totally different than when DD was actually about to be born. I did feel the ring of fire, but at that point it didn't matter in the slightest. I actually welcomed the sensation because I knew that meant I was so, so close to the end.

 

Football games, The hospital we would go to in event of a transfer is quite close to our city's football stadium too. There are alternate roots so it's not likely to be a huge issue for us (hopefully we won't have to go anywhere, so it won't be an issue at all) but it's a good idea to be aware of the schedule. I just realized hockey season starts Sept. 24th too, which causes bigger traffic snarls around here than football.

post #99 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlin View Post
13pumpkins, when do you hit 35 weeks? Keeping my fingers crossed you can get there and be able to deliver with your OB of choice!

 

Three more weeks, exactly!  I am 32 weeks today, the point at which I was told 90% of triplets are born so I feel proud.  But nervous.  There's so much at stake.  The longer we make it the healthier the girls are.  The longer we go, the less chance we have to divide the family as the NICU is 1 hour away and if I do not make it to 35 weeks I automatically have to go up there and get delivered by whomever is on call.  I am so ill over the c-section (one would think I would have come to terms with it by now) but I feel that if I have to have it at least it could be with someone I trust and know.  But most importantly, I want to avoid the bigger NICU vs. our local one because if I can do that it means I have very healthy babies and that is all that matters--not saying that babies born earlier than 35 weeks are unhealthy...just my girls have to be able to meet certain requirements to stay at our local NICU.

post #100 of 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnyaRose View Post

 

Which stores? I went to Destination Maternity... I thought that was pretty high end with the average dress costing $150... T_T The lady said she couldn't help me and I would have to find something online... 


 I went to a local store called Milkface and spent about $100 per bra.  The band thing was not an issue for me as my ribs did spread (apparently common in twin pregnancy).  Maybe you can find something online if you know your size?

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: September 2012 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › September 2012 Due Date Club › Discussions › Weekly Chat 7/30-8/4