I am starting the process for ivf and I am extremely nervous about it. Is there anyone out there who has experienced it? Is it as bad as it sounds?
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Pregnant? Help please :( Last post on Today at 10:40 pm in Trying To Conceive
- The Saner TTC-Flower Moon Last post on Today at 9:40 pm in Trying To Conceive
- am i pregnant? Last post on Today at 11:56 am in Trying To Conceive
- Evaporation line or bfp? Last post on Today at 8:49 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Research Study for Ladies Trying to Conceive-We Need Your Help!! Last post on 5/22/13 at 12:17pm in Trying To Conceive
Welcome to MDC.
First let me point you to the Infertility board: http://www.mothering.com/community/f/179/infertility
Lots of women going though IVF there.
I did IVF with my first. It's not awesome or fun. But it is livable. It is a tough road to walk, and having support is a must, so I do encourage you to post in the Infertility forum and find a group to be able to share it with. I think that is really crucial.
It is normal to be nervous. Just the amount of information they give you at the beginning is daunting. Then keeping track of everything, and getting all the appointments is a lot of work. I recommend getting a small notebook or calendar just for this where you can write things down and keep track. :)
But in the end, it can be really worth it.
I wish you lots of luck and hope that this journey is successful for you.
Thank you, AdinaL. I just talked with the nurse today and I am definitely feeling overwhelmed. I talked to a girlfriend though and she made me feel better. And she directed me to this website. :) I will look for a group.
- Starting IVF
- › Homebirth mamas - does anyone watch a series called "Call the... 11 minutes ago
- › Anyone know of St Bernardine Medical Center in San Bernardino, Ca... 18 minutes ago
- › Trilingual - questions about how and choosing the third language 23 minutes ago
- › Pregnant? Help please :( 35 minutes ago
- › The loss of affection 45 minutes ago
- › What to do for 3.5 year year old that just lost mom & almost lost... 49 minutes ago
- › Am I slightly stupid or did anyone else read this forum wrong? 52 minutes ago
- › Possible move to Seattle... 55 minutes ago
- › Anyone a Lionbridge Internet Assessor? 58 minutes ago
- › nt scan? 59 minutes ago
- › Skip Hop Treetop Friends Activity Gym by Otepbunni
- › Medela Pump in Style Advanced Breast Pump with Shoulder Bag by matope
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by matope
- › Bebe Au Lait Nursing Cover by matope
- › Lansinoh Lanolin for Breastfeeding Mothers 2 oz (56 g) by matope
- › Philips AVENT Washable Nursing Pads, 6 Count by matope
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by matope
- › TRADITIONAL MEDICINALS TEAS Mother's Milk Tea 16 bags by matope
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by matope
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by matope
- › Pause for Presence: A Personal Reflection by Marcy Axness
- › Ina May Gaskin Reviews Groundbreaking Book,... by Melanie Mayo
- › Why We Homeschool by Melanie Mayo
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo