Next week we are taking an 18 hour drive to go visit my parents and I need to pack snacks for the kids. I am in a huge food rut (cause I am just so over dealing with all the food restrictions) and I feel like I can't think of anything fun. Maybe there just isn't anything fun? I don't want to pack total junk, not that they can eat that anyhow, but I mostly just want them full and happy.
They can't have: Dairy(but they can do goat), Corn, Soy, Gluten, Eggs, Baker's yeast, cane/beet sugar, peanuts
One can't have nuts, cinnamon or apples either.
So far I have:
- plantain chips
- potato chips -4y/o suggested these like 3 times
- fruit -banana, apple for the one who can eat it, plums, grapes
- fruit leather
- baked oatmeal bars -probably for breakfast
- cucumber/carrot sticks-but they are hit and miss with eating them
- rice crackers
- raisins-the 2 y/o won't eat them though
- safe lunchmeat
- goat cheddar
- bubbies pickles
- apple sauce squeeze packs for the 4 y/o
Any other ideas? We'll be driving over night so I don't have to feed them the whole time but they do eat a lot.
I also want to have some snacks in my Mary Poppins purse for during the trip while we are out and about. I used to do a lot of nuts but we can't do that anymore.