I am pretty impressed with myself that I am still bf'ing my 19 month old, but jeez... Seems kind of pointless to brag about it on this thread .
Recent Images In This Thread
Parenting supplies mentioned in this thread:
- productBravado Nursing Bra Tanktagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/20/13
- categoryBreastfeedingtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/20/13
- topicBreastfeeding Beyond Infancytagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/20/13
- topicBreastfeeding Challengestagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/20/13
- productLamaze Cotton Spandex Comfort Nursing Bratagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/20/13
- productMotherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bratagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/20/13
- productMy Brest Friend Breastfeeding Pillowtagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/20/13
- productSimplisse Manual Breastfeeding Companiontagged by Cynthia Mosher, 5/20/13
Related Forum Threads
- Should I wean my 1 year old? Help! Last post on 4/12/14 at 12:08pm in Breastfeeding
- Win Big in Our "Blog About Breastfeeding" Event! Last post on 8/8/13 at 6:36pm in Breastfeeding
- Breastfeeding While Traveling--share your pics! Last post on 6/18/13 at 4:00pm in Breastfeeding
- Low supply - What helped you? Last post on 2/1/14 at 8:46am in Breastfeeding Challenges
- New friend wants to take her kids out of the room when we nurse. What would you say? Last post on 3/13/14 at 5:07pm in Breastfeeding Beyond Infancy
Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a Big Deal?
Last edited: 4/21/14
- Are You Breastfeeding an Older Child?Last edited: 9/22/13
- 25 Children's Books That Depict BreastfeedingLast edited: 8/23/13
- Saying Good-bye to BreastfeedingLast edited: 8/15/13
- 100 Inspiring Breastfeeding Stories from Our "Blog about...Last edited: 8/8/13
How many TOTAL months have you breastfed? - Page 8post #142 of 3358/3/12 at 11:35ampost #143 of 3358/3/12 at 11:55ampost #144 of 3358/3/12 at 11:56ampost #145 of 3358/3/12 at 1:08pmpost #146 of 3358/3/12 at 2:20pm
19 + 30 + 28 = 77 months
before having my first child, i was hoping to manage "at least 4 months" since it had just become compulsory, where i live, for companies to write on powdered milk tins that breasfeeding is best for the first 4 months of life ... am so glad I managed as much , met LLL people, learned and enjoyed so much about breasfeeding.
only drawback = i thought i was protected against breast cancer because of my extended breasfeeding
so i did feel a bit let down when i was diagnosed ...
post #147 of 3358/3/12 at 2:40pmpost #148 of 3358/3/12 at 3:23pm
I've got 43+19 = 62 and counting.
I'm starting to feel a little long in the tooth with DD, but don't really know how I would like to push the weaning a little bit, so continue we do until I figure that one out.
I've been tandem nursing dd and ds for the past 19 months, and am hoping to get pregnant at some point in the next few months. No idea what that will do to breastfeeding relationships, but my supply tanks pretty much right away. DD is *committed*, so pregnancy didn't stop her, but I wonder about ds. We'll see, I guess. I hope!post #149 of 3358/3/12 at 5:00pmpost #150 of 3358/3/12 at 6:14pmpost #151 of 3358/3/12 at 6:49pmpost #152 of 3358/4/12 at 7:40ampost #153 of 3358/4/12 at 8:10ampost #154 of 3358/4/12 at 10:11ampost #155 of 3358/4/12 at 10:45ampost #156 of 3358/4/12 at 11:09ampost #157 of 3358/4/12 at 11:36amQuote:
Nineteen months is terrific.
Every breastfeeding mom faces different challenges (the baby's feeding affects sleep, support, work challenges, etc. etc.). The fact that there are moms here who have breastfed longer than you takes nothing away from your accomplishment! While I wish I'd breastfed ds1 longer than I did, I'm still proud of our 10-11 months. I'm proud of the 21 months with dd1, because that was the hardest of them all (she was the squirreliest breastfeeding baby ever). I'm not particularly proud of the 37 months with dd2, because I've been trying to gently wean ("don't offer, don't refuse") for months! They're all different. Take your bows, mama!post #158 of 3358/4/12 at 12:21pmpost #159 of 3358/4/12 at 1:40pmpost #160 of 3358/4/12 at 2:09pm
- Are You Breastfeeding an Older Child?
- › Facebook group ? 21 seconds ago
- › Didn't see an intro thread so hello! ~long~ 5th UC 4 minutes ago
- › Christian mom April '14 4 minutes ago
- › Now guns & vaccines?! 8 minutes ago
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 8 minutes ago
- › July 2014 Farmer Mamas 9 minutes ago
- › Belly Pictures! 10 minutes ago
- › The heartbreak of miscarriage 11 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 13 minutes ago
- › Telling a friend who is struggling with infertility 13 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Birth of River by Kristen Tea
- › The Never Agains by BrainChild
- › Day in the Life: A Graphical Representation by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Operation Meditation by Brian Leaf
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo