Edited by Louisw - 8/22/12 at 12:12pm
Related Forum Threads
- Argument by Intimidation Last post on Today at 2:23 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Tetanis help - pic Last post on Today at 1:07 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Alaska public schools and vaccines Last post on Yesterday at 3:55 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Anyone in NC? Need playpals for my 6-mo-old :) Last post on 5/17/13 at 11:30am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Pediatricians now ask you to sign "release of protected health information to schools"... Last post on Today at 2:35 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
Edited on 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesEdited on 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsEdited on 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentEdited on 3/8/13
- The Right to RefuseEdited on 3/20/13
Dr Took Son from her Arms to Forcibly Vaccinate - Page 5post #81 of 868/22/12 at 10:12ampost #82 of 868/22/12 at 10:17ampost #83 of 868/22/12 at 12:07pmLouisw, you're taking this thread way off-topic, and there's no need to bring up the former USSR, TSA, etc. Please edit and try to get back on track. Also, keep in mind that this is already an emotional topic, and when your fellow members indicate that they are bothered by your tone or approach, you might reflect on how better to express yourself.post #84 of 868/22/12 at 12:18pmQuote:Also, keep in mind that this is already an emotional topic, and when your fellow members indicate that they are bothered by your tone or approach, you might reflect on how better to express yourself.
Yes I agree. It seems I went into a feeding frenzy. Please forgive me.
My problem is this "vaccine issue" has been so stacked in favor of "vaccination" for so long it is hard for me to get the new reality of "vaccine" critical examination through my tough skull.
I will try more.post #85 of 868/23/12 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by dbsam
I say all of this to explain how people - even fairly intelligent, educated people - can allow themselves to be bullied/mistreated by doctors. And in my experiences above, all three doctors had overinflated egos, were on power trips and felt they could treat me horribly. In hindsight, I feel stupid.
Thank you for telling us your story.
Please don't feel stupid or anything else negative. You are a brave woman. Your story is going to give MANY women the insight to do the right thing.post #86 of 862/20/13 at 3:37pm
"...The first part is with Suzanne Humphries on polio. She also talks about the reaction she got from other doctors as an allopathic MD questioning vaccines in her clinical practice. There is also an interview with Karen Ii, a mother of a vaccine injured child who was recovered largely through homeopathy...I just found this post/comment and thought I would state that I would comment and state that I AM the Mom who was interviewed by Shawn, but my name is not Karen Ii - it's KIM Ii (pronounced EEE - husband is Japanese/American). What's so interesting is that my sister's name IS Karen...I thought I would give a shout out to Shawn and state that prior to doing that show, he'd spoken with this Mom re: the rude physician's assistant who tried to grab her son away from her. Shawn verified to the best of his ability that she was, indeed, telling the truth. Again, it was NOT the physician that this Mom stated tried to take her baby out of her arms - it was the assistant who tried to do so. I don't think she indicated that this assistant tried to yank or otherwise grab the child out of her arms, but he clearly tried to TAKE the child out of her arms.She was telling the truth. I have seen and borne witness to many tales of medical harassment in my day, some having to do with moi, here. I was just discussing this very issue with my husband the other day as a matter of fact. There was a nurse in the pediatric group we were using at the time (twice) who was completely rude and downright obnoxious as we were waiting in the room for the pediatrician to come in.She was standing next to me while reading through our son's chart; she was NOT looking at me, but as she was reading through the chart, she noted that our son had NOT had any vaccines since the age of six months (he was then two) and that he was somewhere in the fifth percentile in size/weight for his age.Given that I am barely five feet and around 100 or so pounds dripping wet, I looked aside at her and asked if I looked like an Amazon to her (sarcasm noted). She made no reply. I then proceeded to tell her that I did not like her attitude; I noted that our son's vaccine reactions were all duly noted in his medical file and that further, the pediatrician was already very well aware that we were no longer vaccinating our son.She left the exam room in a decided huff. When the pediatrician came in, I immediately notified him that this nurse was to never come near our son, or us, ever again. I don't know if most folks know this, but you have the legal right to state, IN WRITING, on your child's medical forms, that you do not wish to have certain healthcare providers work with you if there have been issues with your interactions with them, in prior circumstances.So - yes. Healthcare practitioners are not Gods; they can and do, have bad days and SOME of them can be rude and quite obnoxious. Conversely, I have worked with several lovely healthcare providers as well - good and bad in everything.
- Dr Took Son from her Arms to Forcibly Vaccinate
- Resources for Non-vaccinating Families
- › Pediatricians now ask you to sign "release of protected health... 41 seconds ago
- › first diapers 1 minute ago
- › Frequent Night Waking 3 minutes ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 4 minutes ago
- › Is Anyone Else Feeling Lonely? 6 minutes ago
- › Move to Hawaii with only one income? 6 minutes ago
- › Anyone here over 40? 7 minutes ago
- › Tips for nursing 18 month old at Disney World in very hot August? 9 minutes ago
- › First Trimester Blues? 9 minutes ago
- › ~*~October ddc Belly Thread~*~ 9 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11