Edited by Louisw - 8/22/12 at 12:12pm
- topicVaccinationstagged by System, 8/2/12
Related Forum Threads
- Chicken Pox Immunity Network on Facebook Nationwide if you are wanting to avoid the vaccination Last post on Today at 9:50 am in I'm Not Vaccinating
- [Deleted] Last post on 12/1/13 at 4:09pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- Non vaxer contemplating vaccination Last post on Yesterday at 5:14 pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- When to give sodium asorbate Last post on 11/30/13 at 3:45pm in I'm Not Vaccinating
- DH pushing for Tetanus vax Last post on 11/30/13 at 5:13am in I'm Not Vaccinating
My Vaccine Info
Last edited: 3/4/13
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?Last edited: 2/24/13
- Resources for Non-vaccinating FamiliesLast edited: 1/18/13
- Frontline's War on Selectively Vaccinating ParentsLast edited: 3/14/13
- In Britain 12-Year-Olds Vaccinated Without Parental ConsentLast edited: 3/8/13
Dr Took Son from her Arms to Forcibly Vaccinate - Page 5post #81 of 868/22/12 at 10:12ampost #82 of 868/22/12 at 10:17ampost #83 of 868/22/12 at 12:07pmLouisw, you're taking this thread way off-topic, and there's no need to bring up the former USSR, TSA, etc. Please edit and try to get back on track. Also, keep in mind that this is already an emotional topic, and when your fellow members indicate that they are bothered by your tone or approach, you might reflect on how better to express yourself.post #84 of 868/22/12 at 12:18pmQuote:Also, keep in mind that this is already an emotional topic, and when your fellow members indicate that they are bothered by your tone or approach, you might reflect on how better to express yourself.
Yes I agree. It seems I went into a feeding frenzy. Please forgive me.
My problem is this "vaccine issue" has been so stacked in favor of "vaccination" for so long it is hard for me to get the new reality of "vaccine" critical examination through my tough skull.
I will try more.post #85 of 868/23/12 at 11:37amQuote:Originally Posted by dbsam
I say all of this to explain how people - even fairly intelligent, educated people - can allow themselves to be bullied/mistreated by doctors. And in my experiences above, all three doctors had overinflated egos, were on power trips and felt they could treat me horribly. In hindsight, I feel stupid.
Thank you for telling us your story.
Please don't feel stupid or anything else negative. You are a brave woman. Your story is going to give MANY women the insight to do the right thing.post #86 of 862/20/13 at 3:37pm
"...The first part is with Suzanne Humphries on polio. She also talks about the reaction she got from other doctors as an allopathic MD questioning vaccines in her clinical practice. There is also an interview with Karen Ii, a mother of a vaccine injured child who was recovered largely through homeopathy...I just found this post/comment and thought I would state that I would comment and state that I AM the Mom who was interviewed by Shawn, but my name is not Karen Ii - it's KIM Ii (pronounced EEE - husband is Japanese/American). What's so interesting is that my sister's name IS Karen...I thought I would give a shout out to Shawn and state that prior to doing that show, he'd spoken with this Mom re: the rude physician's assistant who tried to grab her son away from her. Shawn verified to the best of his ability that she was, indeed, telling the truth. Again, it was NOT the physician that this Mom stated tried to take her baby out of her arms - it was the assistant who tried to do so. I don't think she indicated that this assistant tried to yank or otherwise grab the child out of her arms, but he clearly tried to TAKE the child out of her arms.She was telling the truth. I have seen and borne witness to many tales of medical harassment in my day, some having to do with moi, here. I was just discussing this very issue with my husband the other day as a matter of fact. There was a nurse in the pediatric group we were using at the time (twice) who was completely rude and downright obnoxious as we were waiting in the room for the pediatrician to come in.She was standing next to me while reading through our son's chart; she was NOT looking at me, but as she was reading through the chart, she noted that our son had NOT had any vaccines since the age of six months (he was then two) and that he was somewhere in the fifth percentile in size/weight for his age.Given that I am barely five feet and around 100 or so pounds dripping wet, I looked aside at her and asked if I looked like an Amazon to her (sarcasm noted). She made no reply. I then proceeded to tell her that I did not like her attitude; I noted that our son's vaccine reactions were all duly noted in his medical file and that further, the pediatrician was already very well aware that we were no longer vaccinating our son.She left the exam room in a decided huff. When the pediatrician came in, I immediately notified him that this nurse was to never come near our son, or us, ever again. I don't know if most folks know this, but you have the legal right to state, IN WRITING, on your child's medical forms, that you do not wish to have certain healthcare providers work with you if there have been issues with your interactions with them, in prior circumstances.So - yes. Healthcare practitioners are not Gods; they can and do, have bad days and SOME of them can be rude and quite obnoxious. Conversely, I have worked with several lovely healthcare providers as well - good and bad in everything.
- Vaccinations: Why All the Fuss?
- › December Unschooling Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Lead test- is it really needed? 3 minutes ago
- › Yeast Infection... :o 7 minutes ago
- › Post-partum check in here! 8 minutes ago
- › what is on your Christmas list? 11 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 13 minutes ago
- › Need a little reassurance...and honest thoughts! 14 minutes ago
- › nightweaning leads to increased day demands? 16 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 17 minutes ago
- › spirited, angry, worried 6 yr old 20 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo