or Connect
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › ~**~~~ August 2012 Chat ~~~**~

~**~~~ August 2012 Chat ~~~**~

post #1 of 20
Thread Starter 
Happy August, ladies!

It's amazing how time flies when they're so little.
post #2 of 20
Hi everyone! Happy August. I can't believe it's August already... I have a feeling many of you out there are like me, and have mixed feelings about it being August because it means the return to work is either imminent or perhaps you've already gone back - for those of you who have the standard 12 week maternity leave... Sigh.... I am "lucky" this time around - negotiated to take ALL of my sick and vacation time and tack on another two weeks - so 14 weeks leave total and I go back Monday August 20.
I know I can do this, I've done it before... But I have this looming sense of dread - the pumping, the 9 hours away from the baby, the ridiculously hectic life my family is about to lead for the next 9 or so months.
Who was it back several months ago who talked about the true length of pregnancy being the period we are TTC, the actual pregnancy itself, then the post partum period... Well, I think the entire first year of life is part of that.
And I definitely think that standard (FMLA) maternity leave in this country is pathetic and should at least be extended until most babies are able to start on some solid foods.
Five months? That extra two months could really help a lot for breastfeeding working moms at least.
Oy.
Ok I will get off my soap box now, but all this to say - I hope everyone is doing well, and wonder if anyone else is going back to work soon?
post #3 of 20

ITA Rozzie. I met a lady who went back to work at 10 days pp and her babe was 3 weeks early. wow, you know? Made me sad for her.

 

In other news, I have methicilian resistant staph areuiolisdontknowhowyouspellit but the dreaded MRSA. On my throat. basically, a bad case of Staph and they said today strep too (though I tested negative 10 days ago)

 

I have NO idea how I got it. I stay home with my babes unless I go to the groc store.

Starting my third different antibiotic in a few minutes. I hope whatever life lesson I need to learn with this, I learn quick cause I am really starting to get depressed...really depressed.


Thanks for listening

post #4 of 20

This is practically the first time I've posted since having ds, but I've been reading!

 

MRSA, Onemore? Oh, I am so sorry!

 

Rozzie, I go back to work on Monday...I think 4 months would be so much better to have than only three. You're right to take those extra two weeks - it's worth it! Ds will be 12 weeks on Tuesday, so my time has come. :-( I spent today wondering what the first 3 months of my children's lives would have been like without the dreaded "Return To Work" influencing practically my every thought. I haven't been able to bring myself to leave him for more than an hour and I'm worried that I've made next week harder for him because of that. I did waaay more test runs when I went back to work after my daughter was born, but I think it's harder this time because I know what I'm going to miss.

 

It's also harder this time around because ds is a CRIER. He cries a LOT. Mostly, he cries when he's tired and he cannot go to sleep by himself. I have to swaddle and shush him for every nap and it gets harder to do this as the day goes on. By bedtime he's so overstimulated that the poor baby screams at the top of his lungs in my arms until he falls asleep. It's heartbreaking. Has anyone else ever dealt with this? I've tried everything. The only small forward step that I've made is discovering swaddling. He still screams, but it's for a much shorter time.

 

On a positive note, this baby boy is so sweet! I love the major sounds that he's making now. He loves to lay on his back with someone hovering over him and will talk and babble and coo for long periods of time. He also gets a huge kick out of standing. If I pull him up to a sitting position, he tries to keep going until he's standing up and gets a huge grin on his face when he supports his own weight. stillheart.gif
 

post #5 of 20

It is amazing how quickly things are progressing here.

 

Soren is huge! He is a solid feeling, happy little baby. He smiles all the time, coos, giggles, and just started rolling over. He loves being in the sling or just sitting up (with some assistance) and standing. My goodness does this boy love to stand. 

 

Ecing is going pretty well. Nursing is great! He is sleeping very well at night, unlike when he was still really young. He really is enjoying spending most of the morning awake and sleeping for about 4 hours solid in the afternoon. He also loves to sleep in, just like his mama! 

 

He is a dream in the car. We drove to pittsburgh last weekend, just him and I and he slept the whole way there and the whole way home. Its dreamy! 

 

The only time he really cries is when he has to potty, it wet, or tired/hungry more than he can stand. He is such a chill little boy and I'm ever so in love.

 

I'm having some issues with PPD but am finally on a good dose of meds and feeling like myself again.

 


The evenings I have both boys are getting easier but are still rather challenging. Shay wants to nurse anytime he see's Soren nurse and screams if I put him down to get the baby. Shay is working on walking, he has started taking a step here and there and standing up really well all on his own. Yesterday he started climbing things too. 

 

Tomorrow's my 25th birthday and my family was here this past weekend to visit us all. Its so great to see the boys enjoying their aunt and grandparents and great aunts and uncle and great grandfather. 

post #6 of 20

Yay! Happy August!, I can't believe how time has gone by!

 

How is Ezri doing Cristeen?

Rozzi I agree leave for moms in USA is not good. I have friends that have gone back between 4-12 weeks while in sweden its about a year leave and we have relatives there in which the dad also gets leave and has taken 6 mths home with the baby at the same time the mom is home!

 

OneMore! MRSA HUGS! I think there are just yucky germs in grocery stores ya know, I hope you are better soon. Also I think Sång  can finally fit the little fishy dress I will have to take pics.

 

Sara my older too did not mind the car, but Sång only now has started to tolerate being in her car seat, my ODD sits next to her and talk plays with, lets her watch her Ipad her so that helps a lot

 

August! my goodness time flies fast. Sång  is coming up on 5 mths old now I can't believe it.  She loves to smile and interact with us, she prefers being with me but now she will "chatter" and coo to other people instead of just staring at them like "who are you". She's doing all the things she should be, the PT says she is amazing like that, you would only knnow she is a preemie because she still is small (for an almost 5 mth old) but other wise she's good. My little preemie is now 10lbs!!!! And she has chub and rolls :-) I'm pretty sure she is trying to cut a tooth! crazy. I so remember how tiny she was!

 

The move is going fine so far we are pretty much all packed up, not too bad since we can leave things behind at our place in NM.I still have to call the O2 company to pick up the O2 that Sång  hasn't needed since a week after she came home. So some small things to do.


Edited by Sky - 8/8/12 at 2:11pm
post #7 of 20
Oh Onemore! (((HUGS!!!))) I hope you feel better soon!

I just went back to work. Deacon has had 2 days at daycare now and it has been incredibly hard on us. I miss him terribly and my arms just ache to cuddle him when i am apart from him. He is good at taking a bottle and switches between bottle and breast with no trouble. In fact I usually pump and give him bottles in public because i don't feel like I can get a good latch without taking my whole boob out! So anyway, after 2 days in daycare he is suddenly refusing the bottles and only wanting to nurse. We spent this evening skin to skin just nursing and snuggling and wishing he didn't have to go back to daycare!

Other than that things are going well. He is a great sleeper at night - only gets up twice to nurse & sleeps soundly. He is starting to outgrow his bassinet that we have pushed up to my bed. Looking into getting an arms reach cosleeper.

August already! Where does the time go??
post #8 of 20

Thank you ladies. Almost finished with this third antibiotic and feeling human again...I had no idea you could cure MRSA with antibiotics. This whole time I thought it was completely antibiotic resistant...still scary stuff. No idea why my white blood cells werent elevated and I am the only one who got it in the house. I disinfect nearly every day but haven't been great about that since babe was born

:(

I must have been pretty sick/run down for a long time because I've felt like wonder woman since yesterday. I even moved around the furniture in the front room and started organizing the craft/class room (I need to find a place to sell some of this fabric online so I can get some wool for winter for the family - I really want to get a wool sleeping bag sleeper for babe but at $120 - I can make one a LOT cheaper --any one gifted with ideas in the selling area?) I also  cooked 8 meals of beans for the freezer...plus everything else. Nuts....So nice to feel normal again. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. :)

 

So here is a thought ---- any one entertaining thoughts of another one? I never have before this early, so don't ask me why, but I have been.

NOT that I am TTC, just a "Yeah, a little sibling for Dodi would be good"...I really would like to have a sibling close in age for her. I don't really want to go through labor and birth again (plus theres the getting pregnant part - not exactly back to normal in that dept) and I kind of really just want to enjoy her baby hood...so nothing concrete - just entertaining! Am I the only crazy one here?

 

Ruby- Sorry to hear little one is a crier. Dodi fights sleep some and cries a lot too. I have discovered that if I use one of those sleeping bag sleepers she settles down a lot quicker. Ofcourse I live in a cooler climate area - we've had one scorcher of a day (I think it hit 90) but the rest has been 60's so....I have no advice..

 

Smiling Sara - I am really sorry to hear about the PPD. I do know what thats like and its pretty crappy. Happiest time of your life and you're sad/angry/depressed/blaming yourself for being sad/angry/depressed..current news in the world does'nt help.. I hope the medications help, and please get the super b complex vits if you dont already. I promised to send something to you for Soren and I haven't forgotten! Hugs..

 

Sky --- *big hugs* 10 pounds! wow. That is awesome, well done my friend <3 How is the move going?

 

Meredith -- Now I can give *you* virtual hugs LOL (my cooties are gone!) I am not having to leave Dodi, but I can imagine and your description melts my heart...I was thinking of going to the valley by myself for grocery shopping this month and there and back with shopping is about 8 hours and I don't know if I can do it but I really need to so I probably will. Thoughts and prayers for your family as you all adjust..

post #9 of 20
Onemore, I would have said no way ~ not entertaining the idea of another baby! BUT... Now that Deacon is outgrowing clothes I find myself neatly packing them away in the attic "for the next one" lol! We agreed that deacon would be our last but some part of me still thinks maaaybe one day... So who knows :-)

At the moment I have a terrible stomach virus.
Vomiting, diarrhea, muscle aches...and my 4 year old just started vomiting now too.
DH used expressed milk we had in the fridge to feed baby last night but he went through it all & so I nursed him this morning ~~ I'm really hoping baby doesn't get it too!

What's worse is when I was violently vomiting I felt a bulge "down there" and I am wondering if all that vomiting caused a prolapse? Ugh not what I need right now. After that I had a little spotting...not really sure what's going on. :-(

Sara, I thought I might have a touch of ppd also. Glad u are feeling better now that you are on meds.

Sky, Sang is getting so big!! Cutie!
post #10 of 20

Hey guys!! I haven't been around in a while, life has been CRAZY!!  Baby June is in congestive heart failure and they are managing it with meds until they decide to do her open heart surgery.  If you are interested in following along our journey my caring bridge site is: www.caringbridge.com/visit/junemccoy   We're doing relatively okay all things considered!!  She is already rolling both ways and chatting up a storm.  SO stinking cute!!  I hope you are all well, I need to read through this thread and catch up with everyone!  

post #11 of 20

awe, good to hear baby june is doing well. Ambrose rolls both ways, too and tries so hard to sit up.  He does little baby curls. LOL
 

post #12 of 20
I haven't checked in here in what seems like...forever. Cannot believe DD is 3 months old now (as of yesterday...sob). Today DH put her in her pack n play on her tummy and got out a toy and was playing with her...she laughed! First time ever. And thank goodness for iPhones...I got it on video. I am so sad at how fast she's growing up. She "talks" a LOT (so darn adorable) and smiles HUGE smiles. At the moment, she sleeps like a dream (7 hrs at night?) and while I think it may be bringing my fertility back a bit earlier than the last baby, it doesn't seem to have bothered my milk supply (yay).
A friend gave me a Girasol wrap a few days ago and I've been wearing her all over the place again (I had cut back because the moby was getting loose and my new native is just too uncomfortable now that she's heavier). Love it.
Sadly...I think she may be at the start of her first cold. DD2 came down with a bad one last night rather abruptly and DD3 is sort of coughing and a little drippy (nose). I am trying not to stay awake at night worrying about things like RSV and pertussis...this part doesn't seem to have gotten any easier with #3. In the interest of front-loading my research here...any tips for helping a little baby survive congestion/cold?
Other than that...life with three is just a little (not sarcastic) more crazy than life with 2 except for the INCESSANT comments about "OMG THREE KIDS?" like I have 20 or something. It's amazing how people these days think three kids is SO MANY kids.
Also...We appear to be on the brink of a move...so that will be interesting.

@onemore...yeah hon, you're a little bit crazy. :-) Even though...I am totally finding my thoughts drifting towards pregnancy again, but in a "yeah, I'd like to do that again in a year or so" way...I was chopping cucumbers the other day and found myself taken by this very strong feeling of sadness that I am not pregnant with DD3 any more...(I loved cucumbers towards the end there so the smell of them reminds me of the last trimester of her pregnancy)...it was weird.

@lindsayjean - I will continue to keep baby June in my prayers. Hope she heals soon and in the meantime, I'm glad she seems to be growing well and meeting milestones. smile.gif

Happy August ladies...hope you're enjoying the last bits of summer.
post #13 of 20

I've just been checking the main page for replies to threads I've already commented on.  It just occurred to me to actually come in here and check for NEW threads.  DUH.

 

Layla is doing awesome!  Lots of big smiles and laughs.  Lots of chatter.  And she's working on being able to roll from back to tummy.  She's been able to roll from tummy to back since about 2 months (I think).  She's just over 12lbs, and it seems like she's been hovering right around there for ages!  I'm trying not to freak out about it, because she's doing great in every area (pees & poos, alert, content, nails growing, etc.)  It's hard not to obsess about it though.  I'm so paranoid that she's not eating enough, even though I know she is.  If that makes any sense.  lol  I have been pumping during her long nap and giving her an "extra" bottle though.  Just in case.  It can't hurt anyway.

 

DD1 is home now, and she's a wonderful helper!  Since SO is usually working in the evenings it's nice to have someone to help with Layla when I'm cooking dinner.  She even asked me to teach her how to change diapers today.  lol  I'm being very careful to let her dictate how much she helps though, I don't want her to feel like she can't do her thing because of the baby.  kwim?

 

SO and I are still not back to our old sex life.  I just have zero desire.  :\  He's being such a good sport about it though. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rozziemama View Post

Hi everyone! Happy August. I can't believe it's August already... I have a feeling many of you out there are like me, and have mixed feelings about it being August because it means the return to work is either imminent or perhaps you've already gone back - for those of you who have the standard 12 week maternity leave... Sigh.... I am "lucky" this time around - negotiated to take ALL of my sick and vacation time and tack on another two weeks - so 14 weeks leave total and I go back Monday August 20.
I know I can do this, I've done it before... But I have this looming sense of dread - the pumping, the 9 hours away from the baby, the ridiculously hectic life my family is about to lead for the next 9 or so months.
Who was it back several months ago who talked about the true length of pregnancy being the period we are TTC, the actual pregnancy itself, then the post partum period... Well, I think the entire first year of life is part of that.
And I definitely think that standard (FMLA) maternity leave in this country is pathetic and should at least be extended until most babies are able to start on some solid foods.
Five months? That extra two months could really help a lot for breastfeeding working moms at least.
Oy.
Ok I will get off my soap box now, but all this to say - I hope everyone is doing well, and wonder if anyone else is going back to work soon?

6 months or more would be awesome!  I recently heard of a woman who went back after a week!  I can't even imagine.  :(   

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky View Post

Yay! Happy August!, I can't believe how time has gone by!

 

How is Ezri doing Cristeen?

Rozzi I agree leave for moms in USA is not good. I have friends that have gone back between 4-12 weeks while in sweden its about a year leave and we have relatives there in which the dad also gets leave and has taken 6 mths home with the baby at the same time the mom is home!

 

OneMore! MRSA HUGS! I think there are just yucky germs in grocery stores ya know, I hope you are better soon. Also I think Sång  can finally fit the little fishy dress I will have to take pics.

 

Sara my older too did not mind the car, but Sång only now has started to tolerate being in her car seat, my ODD sits next to her and talk plays with, lets her watch her Ipad her so that helps a lot

 

August! my goodness time flies fast. Sång  is coming up on 5 mths old now I can't believe it.  She loves to smile and interact with us, she prefers being with me but now she will "chatter" and coo to other people instead of just staring at them like "who are you". She's doing all the things she should be, the PT says she is amazing like that, you would only knnow she is a preemie because she still is small (for an almost 5 mth old) but other wise she's good. My little preemie is now 10lbs!!!! And she has chub and rolls :-) I'm pretty sure she is trying to cut a tooth! crazy. I so remember how tiny she was!

 

The move is going fine so far we are pretty much all packed up, not too bad since we can leave things behind at our place in NM.I still have to call the O2 company to pick up the O2 that Sång  hasn't needed since a week after she came home. So some small things to do.

Sang is my hero!  Seriously, she's such a little fighter. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onemoreontheway View Post

Thank you ladies. Almost finished with this third antibiotic and feeling human again...I had no idea you could cure MRSA with antibiotics. This whole time I thought it was completely antibiotic resistant...still scary stuff. No idea why my white blood cells werent elevated and I am the only one who got it in the house. I disinfect nearly every day but haven't been great about that since babe was born

:(

I must have been pretty sick/run down for a long time because I've felt like wonder woman since yesterday. I even moved around the furniture in the front room and started organizing the craft/class room (I need to find a place to sell some of this fabric online so I can get some wool for winter for the family - I really want to get a wool sleeping bag sleeper for babe but at $120 - I can make one a LOT cheaper --any one gifted with ideas in the selling area?) I also  cooked 8 meals of beans for the freezer...plus everything else. Nuts....So nice to feel normal again. Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. :)

 

So here is a thought ---- any one entertaining thoughts of another one? I never have before this early, so don't ask me why, but I have been.

NOT that I am TTC, just a "Yeah, a little sibling for Dodi would be good"...I really would like to have a sibling close in age for her. I don't really want to go through labor and birth again (plus theres the getting pregnant part - not exactly back to normal in that dept) and I kind of really just want to enjoy her baby hood...so nothing concrete - just entertaining! Am I the only crazy one here?

 

Ruby- Sorry to hear little one is a crier. Dodi fights sleep some and cries a lot too. I have discovered that if I use one of those sleeping bag sleepers she settles down a lot quicker. Ofcourse I live in a cooler climate area - we've had one scorcher of a day (I think it hit 90) but the rest has been 60's so....I have no advice..

 

Smiling Sara - I am really sorry to hear about the PPD. I do know what thats like and its pretty crappy. Happiest time of your life and you're sad/angry/depressed/blaming yourself for being sad/angry/depressed..current news in the world does'nt help.. I hope the medications help, and please get the super b complex vits if you dont already. I promised to send something to you for Soren and I haven't forgotten! Hugs..

 

Sky --- *big hugs* 10 pounds! wow. That is awesome, well done my friend <3 How is the move going?

 

Meredith -- Now I can give *you* virtual hugs LOL (my cooties are gone!) I am not having to leave Dodi, but I can imagine and your description melts my heart...I was thinking of going to the valley by myself for grocery shopping this month and there and back with shopping is about 8 hours and I don't know if I can do it but I really need to so I probably will. Thoughts and prayers for your family as you all adjust..

Glad you're feeling human again!  MRSA is scary stuff. 

 

We're not TTC yet (see above!) but we're definitely wanting another one soon-ish. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeredithA View Post

Onemore, I would have said no way ~ not entertaining the idea of another baby! BUT... Now that Deacon is outgrowing clothes I find myself neatly packing them away in the attic "for the next one" lol! We agreed that deacon would be our last but some part of me still thinks maaaybe one day... So who knows :-)
At the moment I have a terrible stomach virus.
Vomiting, diarrhea, muscle aches...and my 4 year old just started vomiting now too.
DH used expressed milk we had in the fridge to feed baby last night but he went through it all & so I nursed him this morning ~~ I'm really hoping baby doesn't get it too!
What's worse is when I was violently vomiting I felt a bulge "down there" and I am wondering if all that vomiting caused a prolapse? Ugh not what I need right now. After that I had a little spotting...not really sure what's going on. :-(
Sara, I thought I might have a touch of ppd also. Glad u are feeling better now that you are on meds.
Sky, Sang is getting so big!! Cutie!

I hope your stomach issues are resolved, that sounds nasty!  :(  And hopefully no prolapse! 

 

I'll save Layla's clothes for you, since if you have another one it WILL be a girl. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsayjean View Post

Hey guys!! I haven't been around in a while, life has been CRAZY!!  Baby June is in congestive heart failure and they are managing it with meds until they decide to do her open heart surgery.  If you are interested in following along our journey my caring bridge site is: www.caringbridge.com/visit/junemccoy   We're doing relatively okay all things considered!!  She is already rolling both ways and chatting up a storm.  SO stinking cute!!  I hope you are all well, I need to read through this thread and catch up with everyone!  

Glad to hear she's doing well!  Another little fighter!  You all are in my thoughts!

post #14 of 20

How was your first week back, rozziemama? thinking of you and your family! it's been 3 weeks now for us and things are going pretty well. dh picked up a cold at work and now both kids have it though, which sucks. i'm using my generous amount of paid time off to take wednesdays off of work so i am going to have a hard time taking sick days for the kids this year. i never worked when dd was sick, but sent the baby to the sitter yesterday...he did fine but i felt awful about it all day.

 

lindsay, so glad to hear things are going well for baby june! can't wait to hear more about her progress.

 

everyone talking about the possibility of anoher one at this point blows my mind! this is always a really tough period for dh and me...at this point after dd's birth we started couple counseling. it didnt do any good and eventually the stress lessened and things got better...but no way to another one!

post #15 of 20

Hey mamas!!  June's open heart surgery is Thursday Sep 6th at 7:30am central time.  Please think, pray, send your positive energy to her!!  I'm so ridiculously nervous and anxious about it.

post #16 of 20

I was going to get on and get all chatty, but got myself sucked into the vax forum.  I really should avoid that place...it always does that to me.

 

Anyway, our baby is doing great.  I seem to have thrush again, but at least I know what it is and how to cure it for me....stop eating junk and try to sleep more. 

 

Nice to read updates, though.  Will pray, Lindsay...

post #17 of 20

I'll be praying for June!  

 

I always get baby fever again when those tough first three months pass. Then I'm like, "aw, I want more."  Not that I want them now, but I definitely get excited about having another one.  I remember that feeling fading and then coming back again around 13-14 months, shortly before we actually started ttc again.  

 

Naps here have been rough. She will not sleep alone for naps so typically dh lies with her or I wear her in my mei tei. And she'll fall asleep quickly but it's hard to do much with her strapped to me and it would be nice to be able to put her down. She's only been taking quick 40 minute naps and only sometimes falls asleep again (typically only if I'm alone in a quiet place with her, which is hard with a 4 and 6 year old around!  So she's been fussy because she's only getting cat naps and not really good sleep.  She does sleep well at night, though, except the last two nights when she was up a lot. I wonder if she's going through a growth spurt or something.  

 

No major developments here though.  She laughed for the first time yesterday. She is no where near rolling over yet and can't really push herself up far off her belly either. But, we haven't been great about tummy time either. We are either holding her all the time or she's on her bouncy chair or play mat on her back so she doesn't really get much practice either. I know it will happen eventually but there is still that though of "I hope she's developing ok."  My son has a developmental coordination disorder so I'm probably more aware of stuff like that too because of that.  

 

Good to see all the updates!

post #18 of 20

I'll be back, but a quick we made it to CT and are settled in, the Kitchen redo should be done this weekend, Kids started school monday and love it and Sång  is well.  Babbles, da-da and ma-ma and can sit forward for a few seconds before falling to the side she loves to smile and get people's attention.

 

Prayers to June,

 

be back later on

 

 

OK so for the most part the move went pretty smooth, we got back home to ct the 18th of august, we took our time and made a vacation out of driving all the way (yeah) with all three kids! so they had fun, Sång  Meer does not really like her car seat anytime after say 5ishpm so we drove early every day and tried to do activities for the older two as planned on the way.  I tell ya though I was glad to be out of that car LOL.  The renovations on most of the house are done, but the kitchen is not yet done UGH!!! so that's a PITA.  The kids love school although our son who started kinder still has some anxiety being away from me :-( it's not too bad and his teacher is amazing so that helps but I feel badly about it.  Sång  can roll from back to tummy now too and she is really a little social butterfly always trying to get peoples attention around her it's pretty funny. We are glad to be back in CT and we'll go back out to Taos for a few weeks in the winter (the kids break permitting) Me, I'm back into walking with our Giant Schnauzer in the AM as Sång  takes a good 2-3 hr nap around 10am, she get up about 7:30 am nurses plays for a little then comes with me when I bring the older two to school. When we get back she plays and nurses more then goes off for a nap and I can workout! yay...


Edited by Sky - 8/31/12 at 9:44am
post #19 of 20

Hey Ladies - Just1 - so glad to see you back :)


Will be praying for June and checking back in L. I mean it when I say I will pray, it isn't a trite offering - promise. Much love to you all.

 

D-girl is rolling over and babbling. Yesterday she was caressing my face, so adorable. No real laughs yet. Scooting all over the place. I can put her on a blanket and she will have scooched 5 feet away within a couple minutes. :( Too fasT!
I made her a merino wool top and bottom long john and a wool interlock sleep sack for her - couldnt believe how easy and cheap it was compared to buying. good lord wool is expensive.

 

Any one else using thirsties size 2 already? I tri fold so maybe thats it. She has definitely outgrown the small prefolds, and the mediums I bought on ebay shrank down to the size of the smalls so now I am left with the extra large (toddler size maybe?)

Really need to find a wool wrap pattern with snaps.

Definitely trying to use more natural fibers. I have been going thru baby clothes and keeping only cotton/wool/linen clothing as much as possible. She may not be the best dressed baby, but I think she looks cute in her little hippy outfits I assemble for her. LOL

 

I am doing that for all of us actually. Don't ask me why.

 

Cristeen how is Ezri?

post #20 of 20

Lindsay, all of you are in our thoughts! stillheart.gif

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: May 2012 Birth Club
Mothering › Groups › May 2012 Birth Club › Discussions › ~**~~~ August 2012 Chat ~~~**~