the Foonf just got upgraded the specs, it now rear faces to 50 POUNDS!!!
Related Forum Threads
- What comes after a FF 65lb limit seat? Last post on 7/24/13 at 7:57pm in Family Safety
- Convertible carseat for an older Subaru? Last post on 9/8/13 at 9:02am in Family Safety
- Is it safe to reaface a child Last post on 7/19/13 at 12:20pm in Family Safety
- should i switch to a boster seat Last post on 6/20/13 at 11:12am in Parenting
- Would you fly without a car seat? Last post on 11/7/13 at 11:51am in Family Safety
Talk to me about the new Clek Foonf convertible seat - Page 2
they also got their fabric certified as GREENGUARD Select, haven't looked into all the details, but this is the place that certified things like low off gassing and clean air products. and Select is a level higher than all their other child certs. pretty amazing for a car seat which are known to have tons of crap in most of them! when i think of my kids sleeping agaist them from day one, this makes me realllly happy.
"The GREENGUARD Environmental Institute, part of UL Environment, was founded in 2001 with the mission of protecting human health and quality of life by improving indoor air quality and reducing chemical exposure. The GREENGUARD Certification Program helps manufacturers create--and helps buyers identify--interior products and materials that have low chemical emissions, improving the quality of the air in which the products are used."
on a fun note they are coming out with some really fun japanese prints in the spring or summer it looks like : http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151183829772767.473358.56869167766&type=1
I'm also comparing the Radian with angle adjustor to the Clek Foonf in the back of our Volvo coupe (small back seat). The goal is to keep our currently 21 month old in a rear-facing position as long as possible, but to not have the front seat passenger seat squished forward so that my knees are unsafely pressed up against the glove box.
I tried both seats in the car yesterday, and both fit well. The Foonf had a little less room, but hardly that much. It was very close. However, I did notice that the Foonf would have my son in a slightly more reclining position that then Radian, and I think he might like to more upright now that he's a bigger boy. I'm going back to test with him in them. ;>
One very nice thing about the Foonf is that it's made to be more component-recyclable. A long time coming for car seats!
The Foonf did seem pretty rigid (part and parcel with the type of foam used which is a safety feature), and I was wondering if it would be as comfortable during long rides or even short ones for our son.
it seems really comfy and our kids seems really happy in the, when you are test fitting them, make sure you tighen the install down all the way and are getting the right angle. the fonf has 3 positins so you can make it more upright as well, they say you can use 2 of them in the RF mode. i also reclinded my vehecle seat back just a bit, actually doing it more at first , then installng and then raising the seat back one click to really lock on the ARB and get a amazing install. it gives them a ton more leg room and still makes strong contact with the ARM for a safe install.
- › Slight pink spotting after urination (sometimes) 27 seconds ago
- › December Pagans - "Yule" love it! 1 minute ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 1 minute ago
- › December chat thread! 1 minute ago
- › Have there been huge changes, within the last few years, in the way... 2 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diaper Chat 4 minutes ago
- › Birth bead exchange 6 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Journal: Mindful Eating 6 minutes ago
- › Video collage on my experience as a single mother 7 minutes ago
- › Names yet? 11 minutes ago
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo