- 15 Posts. Joined 4/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- No ppaf and one day of EW surrounded by Abundant creamy cm.. Last post on Yesterday at 9:41 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Finding a supportive provider for TTC over 40 Last post on Yesterday at 6:40 pm in Trying To Conceive
- BBT rising on CD4? Last post on Yesterday at 4:23 am in Trying To Conceive
- How often? Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
- COULD THIS BE IMPLANTATION BLEEDING??? Last post on 6/10/13 at 11:08am in Trying To Conceive
Nursing Mamas TTC in August - Page 9
Newmama, when we "night wean", DH simply gives the baby a bottle of breast milk on demand. I am a terrible sleeper and once we get to that point it helps my health a lot. I still nurse the baby at night when she's teething or wants me for any other reason. It's definitely no drama or big transition in our house. We usually do it around 12 months or so.
AFM, I think I'm 12dpo today but didn't even test because I feel cramps coming on. I was hopeful yesterday because nursing was slightly painful, but now I think we're getting thrush. Boo.
Edited by jr'smom - 9/2/12 at 2:42pm
Lidamama weaning is not my first choice and I am not ready to do it (neither is ds). I am just wondering how to go about it when the time is right. He takes a bottle of breastmilk 3 times a week when I am at work so it wouldn't be a problem. I don't want to wean one child simply to conceive another either. The thought makes me feel terrible. I am really hoping my body regulates itself on its own. If it does come to that however I just wouldn't know how to proceed. :-/
Ah, I didn't realize you meant night weaning in general...well, since my DDs both refused bottles, in our house night weaning starts around 16 months, when they can understand what "night-night" means...the first time they wake up, I nurse them, then, if they keep waking up and wanting to constantly suck, I tell them "no nummies, nummies are night-night" and I rub their back or sing to them, or whatever. Since we co-sleep I can at least kinda-sleep while doing this...I took me about 2 months to night-wean DD1, and I am slowly starting with DD2...we'll see how that goes...DD2 takes a paci for naps during the day, but if I try to give it to her at night she gets furious. She really knows what she wants! But, there are a million different ways to night-wean, and I'm sure you'll find the right way when you're ready
Sooo...on a related topic, can I please be moved to the 2ww? I was pretty sure I O'ed around the middle of August and was expecting AF any day...but today I started feeling super queasy and have a really sore cervix and back...I'm sure these are just unrelated but we slipped up on our birth control two days ago
So I feel bad posting this, since I've only posted in this group like 3 times, but I got 2 BFPs this morning! Holy cow! No PPAF yet, so dates are questionable. I guess we won't have to night wean in order to get pregnant after all! :) Caught the first eggy!!! Praying that it sticks, since this feels so unreal.
Please move me to Waiting to O
6 mos TTC #5, DD 16 mos
AF showed up today as anticipated. A very typical cycle though...28 days...14day LP. I guess that is good. Only once has it taken me longer than this to conceive. I think it took me 8 or 9 cycles that time. I think I'll get pre-seed for this cycle and bd more often. I don't know what else to do.
NewMama, night weaning isn't always hard. With my last child I would just let her nurse when she would wake up and then take it away before she fell into a deep sleep. After a couple nights I would just hold her and not offer anymore and she eventually just stopped waking up. I'm not saying it's always that easy, but hey out of my 4 older kids she was the easiest. She was just around a year too.
Congratulations, Lynann and Adrienne! Jr's Mom, sorry this month didn't happen for you. Your cycle sounds great, though, so I wouldn't get too discouraged!
I am now in the TWW. FF gave me crosshairs and put me at 3DPO today, which is what I expected. I'm really hopeful b/c we had great timing this month, and if I get a BFP, it will be right before my birthday, which would be awesome! I've also had a lot of weird twinges already, but of course there are a million explanations for that. This is going to be a hard two weeks, since I've got my hopes up more than any previous month. This is our 6th or 7th cycle TTC, I think...
Does anyone have a source for "internet cheapies" that they like? I used to get mine from early-pregnancy-tests.com at about $1 each. The last couple times I got some that were about $0.33 each from Amazon (Wondfo )but I HATE them...they always have a light evap line. I never had evaps from the other source, but I would love to pay less. The OPKs were okay from Amazon though and a lot cheaper that EPT. Anyone have a better source? Thanks!
100% mom that is very reassuring, thank you. It will be great if ds has that easy a time if I do need to night wean!
AFM 6dpo today. Last month my LP was only 6 days so i'm hoping that the extra sleep and b6 helps keep AF away! I was extremely emotional yesterday...funny how we can find any little sign to suggest what we all are seeking!
I'm in the Two Week Wait, 9 DPO. I'm not testing unless I miss AF. I'm trying to stay calm and not get my hopes too high. I'm not feeling very confident about this cycle for some reason, I don't know why but I feel very sure I'm not pregnant. I *did* have a dream the other night that I got a positive pregnancy test.
jrs'mom I like the tests I got from babywishes.org, they are a little wider than the early-pregnancy-tests.com ones thus easier to read and they are anywhere from 1.20 to .40 depending on how may you buy (the more you buy the better the price.)
Congrats to the new BFPs!!! Just let me know once you want to be moved to Success Stories.
I'm out for this month without ever even moving myself to 2ww! On to cycle 5. DH is picking up Vitex for me today so I'm starting that immediately - hoping it will help!
Congrats to all the new BFPs!
Sooo...turns out I'm probably *not* in the 2ww, I definitely don't feel pg, and I'm pretty aware of my body, but I haven't had AF since Aug 5. Then, on Sunday, I started feeling constantly queasy. BFN. Tested again yesterday. BFN. Then I looked up side effects of Vitex: nausea, delayed O. Boo. So, I O'd this weekend instead of getting AF. That's ok, tho, cause the "maybe I'm preggo" conversation got DH and I to think about our family and our plans. We have committed to finishing off our ground floor renos before trying for #3, so I'm painting on the double ;) Back to Waiting to Be Ready, please!
I want to stomp and pout and feel sorry for myself but I know it doesn't help or change anything. I am not liking TTC and all of the emotions.
Anyway, hoping the Vitex will help!
Does anyone want to start a September thread? I have my big annual Friesian horse show coming up in a few weeks and I won't be able to really maintain the thread much until after it's done and I've recovered!
Oh gosh - I'm pretty sure I double ovulated this month (mittleschmerz pain on both sides, separated by about 4 hours). We weren't trying (though an oops is a possibility), but it brings to mind the question... do we wait to see if it happens again and specifically try for twins? Would that be totally crazy?
I can definitely see all sorts of downsides, but DH and I are both drawn to the idea.
I hesitate to even post this in public in case I have a stalker :p
I'm 10 DPO today and I got a negative test result. =( I almost didn't want to test, but I couldn't resist the urge. Oh well...I was really hoping to have a BFP before my birthday next week! Trying not to be too discouraged right now. I am SO ready to have another baby!
- › 2 yr old out of control, how to control her without dcfs lol 3 minutes ago
- › Anyone NOT Get Ultrasounds? 4 minutes ago
- › baby leaking colostrum? 10 minutes ago
- › DH problem with anger or me -- overreacting? 23 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC-Flower Moon 28 minutes ago
- › Dad/Kid activities? 38 minutes ago
- › Dissatisfied with day care provider 42 minutes ago
- › Welcome 53 minutes ago
- › Changing words in books when reading aloud to children? 56 minutes ago
- › Getting Out of Debt - June 2013 57 minutes ago
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › zoe organics Gentle Hair & Body Wash by fayebond
- › Lafe's Organic Foaming Baby Shampoo and Wash, 12 oz by fayebond
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Organic Angel Baby Shampoo & Body Wash,... by fayebond
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by hmiller
- › Angel Baby Bottom Balm - 2oz by hmiller
- › Badger Baby Oil 4oz Glass Bottle by fayebond
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by fayebond
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering Bath and... by Cynthia Mosher