- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 8/3/12
Related Forum Threads
- Anyone get BFP using IVF Donor sperm for home insemination? Last post on Yesterday at 3:29 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Just started TTC! Has anyone not notice any symptoms right away, but ended being pregnant?! Last post on 4/13/14 at 8:15am in Trying To Conceive
- 13 dpo and trying to stay positive with a negative Last post on 4/11/14 at 1:26pm in Trying To Conceive
- First Response question: take apart, underside of plastic strip Last post on 4/12/14 at 2:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Nursing Mama's TTC - April 2014 Last post on Today at 8:23 am in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Nursing Mamas TTC in August - Page 9post #161 of 2109/2/12 at 4:58amLidamama weaning is not my first choice and I am not ready to do it (neither is ds). I am just wondering how to go about it when the time is right. He takes a bottle of breastmilk 3 times a week when I am at work so it wouldn't be a problem. I don't want to wean one child simply to conceive another either. The thought makes me feel terrible. I am really hoping my body regulates itself on its own. If it does come to that however I just wouldn't know how to proceed. :-/post #162 of 2109/2/12 at 8:06amCongrats, Lynann!!!
Newmama, when we "night wean", DH simply gives the baby a bottle of breast milk on demand. I am a terrible sleeper and once we get to that point it helps my health a lot. I still nurse the baby at night when she's teething or wants me for any other reason. It's definitely no drama or big transition in our house. We usually do it around 12 months or so.
AFM, I think I'm 12dpo today but didn't even test because I feel cramps coming on. I was hopeful yesterday because nursing was slightly painful, but now I think we're getting thrush. Boo.
Edited by jr'smom - 9/2/12 at 2:42pmpost #163 of 2109/2/12 at 12:07pmQuote:Originally Posted by NewMama2BBBoy
Lidamama weaning is not my first choice and I am not ready to do it (neither is ds). I am just wondering how to go about it when the time is right. He takes a bottle of breastmilk 3 times a week when I am at work so it wouldn't be a problem. I don't want to wean one child simply to conceive another either. The thought makes me feel terrible. I am really hoping my body regulates itself on its own. If it does come to that however I just wouldn't know how to proceed. :-/
Ah, I didn't realize you meant night weaning in general...well, since my DDs both refused bottles, in our house night weaning starts around 16 months, when they can understand what "night-night" means...the first time they wake up, I nurse them, then, if they keep waking up and wanting to constantly suck, I tell them "no nummies, nummies are night-night" and I rub their back or sing to them, or whatever. Since we co-sleep I can at least kinda-sleep while doing this...I took me about 2 months to night-wean DD1, and I am slowly starting with DD2...we'll see how that goes...DD2 takes a paci for naps during the day, but if I try to give it to her at night she gets furious. She really knows what she wants! But, there are a million different ways to night-wean, and I'm sure you'll find the right way when you're ready
Sooo...on a related topic, can I please be moved to the 2ww? I was pretty sure I O'ed around the middle of August and was expecting AF any day...but today I started feeling super queasy and have a really sore cervix and back...I'm sure these are just unrelated but we slipped up on our birth control two days agopost #164 of 2109/3/12 at 3:45am
So I feel bad posting this, since I've only posted in this group like 3 times, but I got 2 BFPs this morning! Holy cow! No PPAF yet, so dates are questionable. I guess we won't have to night wean in order to get pregnant after all! :) Caught the first eggy!!! Praying that it sticks, since this feels so unreal.post #165 of 2109/3/12 at 6:37ampost #166 of 2109/4/12 at 5:55pm
Please move me to Waiting to O
6 mos TTC #5, DD 16 mos
AF showed up today as anticipated. A very typical cycle though...28 days...14day LP. I guess that is good. Only once has it taken me longer than this to conceive. I think it took me 8 or 9 cycles that time. I think I'll get pre-seed for this cycle and bd more often. I don't know what else to do.post #167 of 2109/5/12 at 10:55am
NewMama, night weaning isn't always hard. With my last child I would just let her nurse when she would wake up and then take it away before she fell into a deep sleep. After a couple nights I would just hold her and not offer anymore and she eventually just stopped waking up. I'm not saying it's always that easy, but hey out of my 4 older kids she was the easiest. She was just around a year too.post #168 of 2109/5/12 at 11:13am
Congratulations, Lynann and Adrienne! Jr's Mom, sorry this month didn't happen for you. Your cycle sounds great, though, so I wouldn't get too discouraged!
I am now in the TWW. FF gave me crosshairs and put me at 3DPO today, which is what I expected. I'm really hopeful b/c we had great timing this month, and if I get a BFP, it will be right before my birthday, which would be awesome! I've also had a lot of weird twinges already, but of course there are a million explanations for that. This is going to be a hard two weeks, since I've got my hopes up more than any previous month. This is our 6th or 7th cycle TTC, I think...
post #169 of 2109/5/12 at 1:47pm
Does anyone have a source for "internet cheapies" that they like? I used to get mine from early-pregnancy-tests.com at about $1 each. The last couple times I got some that were about $0.33 each from Amazon (Wondfo )but I HATE them...they always have a light evap line. I never had evaps from the other source, but I would love to pay less. The OPKs were okay from Amazon though and a lot cheaper that EPT. Anyone have a better source? Thanks!post #170 of 2109/5/12 at 11:28pmJr'smom sorry about AF, but your cycle sounds great. Just waiting for just the perfect swimmer. =)
100% mom that is very reassuring, thank you. It will be great if ds has that easy a time if I do need to night wean!
AFM 6dpo today. Last month my LP was only 6 days so i'm hoping that the extra sleep and b6 helps keep AF away! I was extremely emotional yesterday...funny how we can find any little sign to suggest what we all are seeking!post #171 of 2109/6/12 at 9:46am
I'm in the Two Week Wait, 9 DPO. I'm not testing unless I miss AF. I'm trying to stay calm and not get my hopes too high. I'm not feeling very confident about this cycle for some reason, I don't know why but I feel very sure I'm not pregnant. I *did* have a dream the other night that I got a positive pregnancy test.post #172 of 2109/6/12 at 10:45ampost #173 of 2109/7/12 at 8:14ampost #174 of 2109/7/12 at 11:52amThread StarterOkay, I'm back from visiting my mom and have updated to here. If I missed anyone please let me know!
Congrats to the new BFPs!!! Just let me know once you want to be moved to Success Stories.
I'm out for this month without ever even moving myself to 2ww! On to cycle 5. DH is picking up Vitex for me today so I'm starting that immediately - hoping it will help!post #175 of 2109/7/12 at 1:01pm
Congrats to all the new BFPs!
Sooo...turns out I'm probably *not* in the 2ww, I definitely don't feel pg, and I'm pretty aware of my body, but I haven't had AF since Aug 5. Then, on Sunday, I started feeling constantly queasy. BFN. Tested again yesterday. BFN. Then I looked up side effects of Vitex: nausea, delayed O. Boo. So, I O'd this weekend instead of getting AF. That's ok, tho, cause the "maybe I'm preggo" conversation got DH and I to think about our family and our plans. We have committed to finishing off our ground floor renos before trying for #3, so I'm painting on the double ;) Back to Waiting to Be Ready, please!post #176 of 2109/9/12 at 10:54amI'm still here. Getting increasingly frustrated with my body (yes, I'm impatient) and FF, who keeps giving me O dates and crosshairs and then taking them away later the same day with no changes inputted from me. And I have no clue what is up with my temps this cycle either.
I want to stomp and pout and feel sorry for myself but I know it doesn't help or change anything. I am not liking TTC and all of the emotions.post #177 of 2109/10/12 at 11:42amThread StarterLidamama - I've moved you back. Really, delayed O as a side effect from vitex? Well, we'll see what happens with my cycle this month. I'm kind of wavering on how much Vitex to take. The bottle says 2-4 pills per day. I took 4 pills (2 morning 2 night) the first few days and have now moved back to 3 pills (2 morning 1 night). The pills I have are 80 mcg each I think. I haven't found anything definitive about how much I should take to help me conceive while still breastfeeding. A few things I read said that too much can negatively impact milk production, and I don't want that.
Anyway, hoping the Vitex will help!
Does anyone want to start a September thread? I have my big annual Friesian horse show coming up in a few weeks and I won't be able to really maintain the thread much until after it's done and I've recovered!post #178 of 2109/10/12 at 6:43pmYeah, I read that too about Vitex and milk production...but I bought the liquid form, so I just took 1mL in the morning, on an empty stomach, though the bottle say 3x/day, I think, but Dr. Google says 1x/day, I think...I think it's all a crapshoot anyway:eyesroll. I'm thinking that the delayed o is probably temporary, and will disappear when Vitex has had a chance to be in my body for a few cycles, but the nausea was really not cool....though a good way to slim down....for now I've stopped taking it, because I'm worried about messing something up so I won't be able to conceive when we're ready....paranoid, I know!!!post #179 of 2109/11/12 at 9:49am
Oh gosh - I'm pretty sure I double ovulated this month (mittleschmerz pain on both sides, separated by about 4 hours). We weren't trying (though an oops is a possibility), but it brings to mind the question... do we wait to see if it happens again and specifically try for twins? Would that be totally crazy?
I can definitely see all sorts of downsides, but DH and I are both drawn to the idea.
I hesitate to even post this in public in case I have a stalker :ppost #180 of 2109/12/12 at 1:00pm
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › ~*~The TTC ONE Thread~*~April 2014 1 minute ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 3 minutes ago
- › April 2014 -- What did you accomplish today? 5 minutes ago
- › Extended or crew cab? We need a pickup to fit 3 carseats and 2 adults. 5 minutes ago
- › Starting Fresh! Help me plan out my space! 6 minutes ago
- › Can we discuss punishment and control? 6 minutes ago
- › Antibiotics for baby Eczema 6 minutes ago
- › Is anyone else having spotting? 13 minutes ago
- › Dinner - What Are You Having? 17 minutes ago
- › BUMPS and Belly Shots!! 22 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding my Tribe After the Death of my Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo