- 989 Posts. Joined 7/2011
- Location: Chicago, IL
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Stressed about my new FET protocol and can use a little support and information Last post on Yesterday at 9:27 pm in Infertility
- Back to square 1 Last post on 5/20/13 at 9:01pm in Infertility
- Reproductive immunology, anyone? Last post on 5/18/13 at 12:22pm in Infertility
- Male factor ?s Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:15pm in Infertility
- pregnant over 40 Last post on 5/12/13 at 4:14pm in Infertility
Guest Blogger Brenda Strong (Mary Alice Young on Desperate...
Edited on 3/15/13
- Six-Word StoriesEdited on 3/6/13
- Living in Uncertainty
August 2012 Infertility One Thread -- Bring on Those Late Summer BFPs! - Page 9post #161 of 1758/30/12 at 5:04pmDeborah - Thanks for that insight. I figure I may have it, but I"m thinking it can't be doing too much harm since I've conceived on my own twice. I just have to go with that assumption for now.post #162 of 1758/30/12 at 6:46pmShesaidboom- sending hugs your way. It is just so. so. so hard sometimes. Nobody can fully understand except to know what we've each gone through and to hope it passes quickly for you.
Sourire- my IUI s were mostly done by 18 yr old nurses so with any luck it is pretty fool proof! Happy 2ww!
SKJ- sounds like you have a very nice RE & I'm so glad he listens to you!
Nieves- sounds like you enjoyed some needed time off, looking forward you your first & only cycle!
AFM- another failed cycle, BFN, waiting for AF to start.post #163 of 1758/31/12 at 6:42amSourire - Seriously! Why is it always something??? Hopefully enough swimmers made it to the right place. I have a good feeling for you!!
Toothfairy - Ugh. I'm so sorry. This never gets any easier does it?
Milk, SSB - Thinking about you ladies. Hope to hear from you both soon.post #164 of 1758/31/12 at 9:29am
SKJ- If it is not bothering you too much, I wouldn't worry. My RE claims you can see it by ultrasound if it's on the ovaries (she's wrong- I'm proof of it, but I'm not going to argue). She did note it was pretty bad last year. We're rechecking my tubes, looking for cysts, and checking egg quality again. We will likely need a donor, but maybe the doctor and I will both be wrong. They also did a bunch of testing for clotting disorders. I got really sick afterwards (5 vials of blood at once was a bad idea).post #165 of 1758/31/12 at 11:30am
So many familiar names in this thread!!!
I still post in the old One Thread. But I miss the days when I wasn't the only one of "advanced maternal age, and long time TTCer. I think I felt left out when you guys branched out because I wasn't able to move on with you medically. My insurance (when I have it) does not cover any sort of fertility testing or treatments. So talk of lapaorcomies, injections, even Clomid and progesterone left me out of the loop. I envy all of you for being able to access all of the scientific advancementsin fertility treatments!!!
Anyway, I managed to finagle an ultrasound a few months back which showed that my follicles do grow, and which also showed nothing abnormal. (I was getting some odd pains during my LP, so I was a bit worried.)
And then, just for the hell of it, I asked my new OB if there were ANY fertility tests that my medical insurance would cover. She said no, but she also listed the three main things that are checked first.
1. Sperm - Not my issue, as I use donors and change them fairly regularly.
2. Ovulation - I chart, and I feel my signs temps indicate that I do ovulate. I get a clear temp shift every cycle.
3. Fallopian Tubes - I have never had an HSG, and never thought I would be able to get one. But, this doctor told me they run about a thousand dollars, and gave me a list of local places to call. I'm 43 now, so my time is really close to running out. So, I figured that maybe I could save up, and get an HSG as a Christmas present to myself. Well... The very first place I called does the test for $300!!! The second place is $244!!
Guess who is getting an HSG in a couple hours????????
All of this to explain that I feel a little more like part of the group here, and to ask all of your advice, stories, etcetera about the HSG test.
Whew! Thanks for reading!
And hello to all of my old friends!!!post #166 of 1758/31/12 at 2:46pm
Stevi - Yes, that sounds about right for the actual HSG. However, for me, they also billed the lab to read the results and for the dye so it totalled over $700. BUT, I got my insurance to cover the whole thing because it was a test to "diagnose my condition". Good luck and though I hate for something to be plugged up in there, I hope this is a step closer for you.
Nothing exciting going on with me...post #167 of 1758/31/12 at 6:10pm
Well, it was stressful there for awhile, as the doctor forgot to fax over the referral, and I had to drive over and get it myself! Luckily, the people at the diagnostics place were really nice and didn't make me reschedule!
The verdict is that my tubes are clear. I'm not really sure how that makes me feel, as it doesn't explain my lack of success. But, it did hurt, so I'm hoping the dye flushed some debris out that the doctor didn't see, because it was swept out ahead of the dye. Not much to go on, but it's something.
Now I just hope I can get these blasted donors to cooperate! (I'm counting on that 3 months of raised fertility that I've read about.)
Think Fertile Thoughts!post #168 of 1758/31/12 at 7:05pmHi Stevi! Glad you're all cleaned out now. I was with you on the One Thread (formerly cbaa2010), just got to be too much. I'm glad you've joined us, you'll love it here. So supportive & knowledgable!
Hi Sila! Miss you lady!post #169 of 1759/1/12 at 12:52pm
Stevi- Welcome back! I am not officially of advanced maternal age, but might as well be (likely in Perimenopause already), so you have some company. I'm getting a repeat HSG since it's been a year, day 3 testing, and a whole bunch of stuff to see whether we can figure out what happened with the boys. Toothfairy- Somehow I hadn't made the connection with your old screenname. Looks like we've got a lot of the old crowd here. Welcome to the newbies as well.post #170 of 1759/1/12 at 7:51pmpost #171 of 1759/1/12 at 10:31pmThread Starter
Thanks for all the support ladies. I'm so glad this place is here, I really do not know what I would do without it. I think you are right in that my hormones are definitely contributing, and being a month of doing nothing I'm feeling worse. That does happen each natural cycle I find.
Sourire - it's always something, isn't it? I hate that! Hopefully the doc managed to do everything right, but how infuriating that he'd even say something like that. Hopefully you won't ever have to worry about him again!
Cait - I'm so sorry about the BFN.
SKJ - I'm glad you had a good appointment and that the doctor was able to help.
Stevi - thinking fertile thoughts for you!
AFM - I'm ovulating, so DH and I have been going at it and praying for a free baby. I am still having a really hard time with things, but I am trying to focus on the positive. We got one BFP in here recently, so that means more are on the way, right?
Is anyone taking over for September?post #172 of 1759/1/12 at 11:37pm
SSB: for a free baby! How are you feeling post Facebook deletion? Sometimes I've thought of doing that!
Stevi: I've seen your username "around" but mainly through stalking, I think. I've heard lots of good things about post HSG fertility - I hope it works for you!
Sila: I miss your face.
Sourire: I cannot believe that you had such a ridiculous doctor (or Asshat, as I've come to know them). I also can't believe that you are a nerd!
Very excited about perfect follies though. What day is test day?
SKJ: How was the massage? Glad you had such a refreshing doctors appt. Also glad that you could arrange around your time away... Come on, baby!
Uhm, can we make some sort of rule from now on that no-one else with a username starting with "S" can join the thread? Geez Louise, there are a lotta "S" names here.
Cait: How it going over there? You're a bit quiet.
Deborah: I think I read about the perimenopause on another thread - what's the story with that, and when will you know for sure?
AFM: I'm in a holding pattern. I've made it to five weeks without a bleed, which is a good start. I've bled with every pregnancy; I think the longest I've gone is about 5.5 weeks, so if I make to six, that will be a milestone. One of the medications that I am on this time round is supposed to prevent the sub chorionic bleeding, so maybe it's working? I have a lot of symptoms, but I kind of wonder if the medications, particularly the hormone stuff is impacting on that.
My in laws (unofficially, until I get the ring ) arrive on Wednesday, for DP's 30th birthday bash, and they will be here for a week. Wish me luck!post #173 of 1759/2/12 at 7:01am
Krunchy - Good lord, rise already! Now don't stalk my chart. You'll think I'm a sex addict.
Sourire - My RE likes at least 10mil for an IUI & you were 2.5x that. But I know how it feels.
Stevi - Glad they are clear! But I hate not knowing WHY!
Cait - Sorry about the BFN. Miss you too lady.
SSB - I'm sorry things have been so rough. Hang in there friend.
Milk - Hoping so hard for you. I like the way things are sounding so far.
AFM - I've been quiet. I have nothing to say. I'm feeling angry at the moment. CD23 and no O. Last month I ovulated CD22. I've been having signs for over a week now! I guess I'm just back to my broken self again...
I need to have a talk with DH. I either need him to be 100% serious about saving for our donor embryos/adoption or I'm going back to meds. Which I KNOW isn't the path we are supposed to take, nor do I want to. The other option is spending $250 on a Naturopathic Dr. consultation and see if there is something else I can do. If anything, I just tell myself that everything I am doing (diet, exercise, acupuncture, supplements ect) is just getting my body better prepared to accept my donor embabies..post #174 of 1759/2/12 at 8:21am
- August 2012 Infertility One Thread -- Bring on Those Late Summer BFPs!
- Six-Word Stories
- › Dreaming about baby or pregnany? 2 minutes ago
- › Weekly Chat --May 20-26 4 minutes ago
- › No shower but registry for second baby? 6 minutes ago
- › Baby names....anyone brainstorming? 7 minutes ago
- › Update on My marriage 7 minutes ago
- › Tetanis help - pic 8 minutes ago
- › Freezer Meals 9 minutes ago
- › What can I decline in the hospital? 9 minutes ago
- › How to cover the "basics" 12 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 9.0 (enrolling through... 12 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by monkeygirlmama
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by JillVettel
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo