or Connect
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › April DDC ~August~ Chat

April DDC ~August~ Chat - Page 7

post #121 of 132

happy birthday Tiffany!partytime.gif

post #122 of 132

Still brooding over a random comment at story time this morning.  My dd was being really shy, not totally normal, but she did just wake up and we have been getting over pretty bad colds.  Anywho we were late for story time, dd was not her normal happy self, librarian asked if she had just woken up (10:45am).  I replied that she had and the mom next to me asked if I ment from a nap?  I replied no.  She gave a little "Oh." I tried to blow it off and said "we're night people."

 

1. totally felt judged.  Which is lame and I should know to let stuff like this roll off of me.

 

2. "we're night people"  ???  that was my reply?!  Makes it sound like I am raising a family of vampires!  lol.gif

 

Hormones right?  Even watching cartoons with dd I caught myself tearing up.  eyesroll.gif  Didn't help that I was wearing a light hoodie over my tank to hide my bump, and the fact that my jeans would not button, and was overheated. 

 

Ok done venting now.  I feel better.  Thanks!  redface.gif

post #123 of 132
Now that I know my due date, I am going to post more. I'll introduce myself:

My name is Jennifer (although many people call me Jenn or JennJenn) and I am 28. I have a six year old daughter. I have a boyfriend who has a six year old son and a 3 year old daughter. So on the weekends, its a full house :-) I work at McDonalds, which so does NOT help my all day sickness (this time around. It is definitly all day. With DD, it was just morning time.) I cannot stand the thought of a hamburger (although one from red robin, or foster freeze and in and out if we had them in ky, sounds HEAVENLY!) And chicken makes my mouth water with anticipation! I can barely tolerate a soda now (and I used to drink it A LOT!) I litteraly crave water (which is the same as with DD) and normally drink about 10 glasses a day. The only soda I can tolerate is cherry pepsi or cherry coke. And leamonaide is my second choice. As of today, I am 8 weeks and 6 days. My due date is April 6th, but they want to do my scheduled csection at 39 weeks, so the end of March sometime is when this one is coming.

Looking forward to chatting!
post #124 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali2SC View Post

Still brooding over a random comment at story time this morning.  My dd was being really shy, not totally normal, but she did just wake up and we have been getting over pretty bad colds.  Anywho we were late for story time, dd was not her normal happy self, librarian asked if she had just woken up (10:45am).  I replied that she had and the mom next to me asked if I ment from a nap?  I replied no.  She gave a little "Oh." I tried to blow it off and said "we're night people."

 

1. totally felt judged.  Which is lame and I should know to let stuff like this roll off of me.

 

2. "we're night people"  ???  that was my reply?!  Makes it sound like I am raising a family of vampires!  lol.gif

 

Hormones right?  Even watching cartoons with dd I caught myself tearing up.  eyesroll.gif  Didn't help that I was wearing a light hoodie over my tank to hide my bump, and the fact that my jeans would not button, and was overheated. 

 

Ok done venting now.  I feel better.  Thanks!  redface.gif

I would have looked have looked at you enviously.  My brood is up at 630 regardless of when lhey go to sleep.

post #125 of 132
I could not just blow it off, your better than me for sure lol! I would have snapped at the mom and tild her to mind her buisness. I feel you on the hormones! Mine started crazy really soon after I got pregnant. One guy at work said "damn, you must be pregnant with your mood swings!" And I cry at odd stuff too!
post #126 of 132
Thread Starter 

We're night people too and up until school age, we're in bed around mindnight and up around 9:30 - 10:00. I work late and regularly don't get home from work until around 10:30 so it's nice to have a little bit of time with everyone before bed. So, don't feel bad AT ALL! We never make appointments and avoid activities before noon thumb.gif

post #127 of 132

Thanks everyone.  

 

DD checked out a book at the library about a mama chat who rescues her kittens from a burning building.  I was literally choked up and crying while reading it out loud to dd, and she wanted me to read it again!  I tried to talk her out of it, but she said "kittens cute."  Ahhhh, hormones.  eyesroll.gif

 

Ethelpea: I don't know how you do it!  I briefly became a super early morning person when dd was itty bitty and waking up at all hours.  Now I drag myself out of bed at 7am, ok 7:30, to get farm chores done before dd gets up.  I think the Judge-y-McJudgester of it is what got to me.  You think I would be used to it by now because we did thiscd.gif, and do familybed1.gif, and fly-by-nursing1.gif, plus some other things that probably make others shake their heads.  Oh well, it is healthy for others around here to be exposed to me and my odd ways.  Which is why I love MDC so much.  Thanks ladies!  joy.gif

post #128 of 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oliver's Mama View Post

I have had amazing ms results using vitamin b6 and unisom.  It's a widely used remedy, though somehow I never heard of it while suffering through months of ms with my last two.  There are several threads on mothering about it, and I've yet to find anyone who said it didn't cure their morning sickness.  A few people get results just taking b6, but usually you need it combined with unisom.  My midwife suggested 50mg of b6 morning and again at night, and half a unisom tab at night (has to be the regular- not the softgels or meltaways) It's such a small dose of unisom, doesn't make me the least bit sleepy.  I kinda wish it would as I have trouble staying asleep!

I'm usually leary of taking medicine, but when I weighed my options, not being able to properly supervise and take care of my children was just too dangerous.  I can walk and function somewhat normally now!

...And now I am googling.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIFF4NY View Post

I'm 8 weeks today (and celebrating my 30th birthday!) and my MS has died down significantly. It got really bad for a couple weeks when I was taking my progesterone pills and my regular supplements. As soon as I switched up the timing of my supplements it improved. Thank goodness! Now I just need to make it to my appt on Thursday to see the baby and know everything is still progressing. 

Happy bday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali2SC View Post

Still brooding over a random comment at story time this morning.  My dd was being really shy, not totally normal, but she did just wake up and we have been getting over pretty bad colds.  Anywho we were late for story time, dd was not her normal happy self, librarian asked if she had just woken up (10:45am).  I replied that she had and the mom next to me asked if I ment from a nap?  I replied no.  She gave a little "Oh." I tried to blow it off and said "we're night people."

 

1. totally felt judged.  Which is lame and I should know to let stuff like this roll off of me.

 

2. "we're night people"  ???  that was my reply?!  Makes it sound like I am raising a family of vampires!  lol.gif

 

Hormones right?  Even watching cartoons with dd I caught myself tearing up.  eyesroll.gif  Didn't help that I was wearing a light hoodie over my tank to hide my bump, and the fact that my jeans would not button, and was overheated. 

 

Ok done venting now.  I feel better.  Thanks!  redface.gif

Been there done that. DH plays softball and some of his games don't start until 9:00 which means that DD doesn't get to bed those nights until 11:00. Other players wives I'm sure think I am terrible but we figure if she is well behaved and she has the ability to sleep in the next morning there's nothing wrong with it. She is 18 months and LOVES to watch daddy play ball so why leave her at home with a babysitter to put her to bed? I have heard a few, "Does she normally stay up this late?" "Is she ok being out here?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by JennJenn84 View Post

Now that I know my due date, I am going to post more. I'll introduce myself:

My name is Jennifer (although many people call me Jenn or JennJenn) and I am 28. I have a six year old daughter. I have a boyfriend who has a six year old son and a 3 year old daughter. So on the weekends, its a full house :-) I work at McDonalds, which so does NOT help my all day sickness (this time around. It is definitly all day. With DD, it was just morning time.) I cannot stand the thought of a hamburger (although one from red robin, or foster freeze and in and out if we had them in ky, sounds HEAVENLY!) And chicken makes my mouth water with anticipation! I can barely tolerate a soda now (and I used to drink it A LOT!) I litteraly crave water (which is the same as with DD) and normally drink about 10 glasses a day. The only soda I can tolerate is cherry pepsi or cherry coke. And leamonaide is my second choice. As of today, I am 8 weeks and 6 days. My due date is April 6th, but they want to do my scheduled csection at 39 weeks, so the end of March sometime is when this one is coming.

Looking forward to chatting!

HI Jenn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali2SC View Post

Thanks everyone.  

 

DD checked out a book at the library about a mama chat who rescues her kittens from a burning building.  I was literally choked up and crying while reading it out loud to dd, and she wanted me to read it again!  I tried to talk her out of it, but she said "kittens cute."  Ahhhh, hormones.  eyesroll.gif

 

Ethelpea: I don't know how you do it!  I briefly became a super early morning person when dd was itty bitty and waking up at all hours.  Now I drag myself out of bed at 7am, ok 7:30, to get farm chores done before dd gets up.  I think the Judge-y-McJudgester of it is what got to me.  You think I would be used to it by now because we did thiscd.gif, and do familybed1.gif, and fly-by-nursing1.gif, plus some other things that probably make others shake their heads.  Oh well, it is healthy for others around here to be exposed to me and my odd ways.  Which is why I love MDC so much.  Thanks ladies!  joy.gif

I second that it is good for mainstream-judgers to be around us "weirdos". Gets their brains working in new ways...

post #129 of 132

Oops I forgot to AFM. AFM: I got my 3rd beta and progesterone back today. HCG doubled again and my progesterone went from 10 to 17 in 2 days of being on progesterone. Yay!

post #130 of 132
DH usually doesn't get home from work until 7pm, which is when we eat dinner as a family. Then he gets DD ready for bed and has playtime and a story with her. Then we put her to bed and she usually refuses to sleep until 10 or later. Yet, she still gets up early. Actually, we set up her moon lamp from Ikea with a little timer and told her"when the moon is on it's time to be in bed, when it's off you can get out of bed." so now she doesn't usually call in the morning until 8am when the timer is done.

My point is just that, with how many families have such late schedules nowadays, I can't believe anybody could be judgy about it. Seriously. As lo as a kid is getting enough sleep, why should it matter when?
post #131 of 132

Happy Birthday Tiffany. My birthday was yesterday. FUN. Today was my dad's. :) You are exactly a year older than me :)

Anyway. Things are going great for me so far. I go back and forth on bloat. Sometimes I feel so puffed up and icky and other times great. Funny: My weight is maintaining better now than it did when I was not pregnant. OH and I was able to run half a mile yesterday. I took a couple weeks off (not on purpose just was busy) and ugh it killed me. I was as tired at half a mile as I usually was at one mile. Will try again hopefully tomorrow night...it's pouring out there now.

Anyway. Not much to update. Just some jibber jabber. Gonna hit the hay! :)

post #132 of 132

Martha your bday is the 31st too? How neat. =) Happy Birthday!

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: April 2013 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › April 2013 Due Date Club › Discussions › April DDC ~August~ Chat