or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Andrew Moulden?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Andrew Moulden? - Page 3

post #41 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHelpUs View Post

When evidence as plain as day is presented by showing video of the man in question which he filmed himself, and people still claim it's a conspiracy, all I can do is smile and nod. It's like when the man at the bus stop tells me the government is controlling our brains with tiny electrodes, I just smile and nod. I find it's best not to debate him.

What "evidence?"

 

I don't know that the man in question is, in fact, Andrew Moulden, just because you say it is. My kids could make (and have made) a better video than the one shown, so I do question that an MD/PhD came up with that one.

 

Plenty of people post videos on YouTube that spoof, imitate, or otherwise lack a basis in reality.  


Since you have not posted any HARD EVIDENCE that Andrew Moulden lost his license, was hospitalized, or believes himself to be the reincarnation of anybody, but have only posted a video that could have been showing anybody, I think it's completely reasonable to question whether the video, in fact, showed Andrew Moulden.

 

For all I know, you might have some kind of personal grudge against Andrew Moulden, and chose this way to get back at him.

 

It wouldn't be the first time anyone has done such a thing. There are plenty of SNL and ONN skits on YouTube spoofing political figures, with surprisingly convincingly portrayals.  Tina Fey did such a convincing imitation of Sarah Palin, people's opinion of Sarah Palin changed overnight: http://articles.boston.com/2012-03-04/ideas/31118642_1_black-students-white-students-black-kids

Even FOX news was confused: http://www.salon.com/2011/06/06/fos_tine_fey_sarah_palin/

 

The fact that you are making fun of me for questioning the legitimacy of the video, and comparing me to someone who believes that the government is controlling me via tiny electrodes says a heck of a lot more about you than about me. 

I have reported your post.

post #42 of 79
While mamahelpus us being snarky in a unproductive way, the point is valid. Unless the real mr moulden comes out and says this one is a fake and just looks exactly like him and is living a shadow of his life, I thinks it's fair to assume that this guy is the real one. I'm more than happy to loOk at any evidence to the contrary.
And he may be brilliant, he may be on to amazing scientific discoveries, but he also clearly troUbled in some way. That does not rule out or negate brilliance(they often, devastatingly, go hand in hand) but it does put in to question his facts, accountability and motivation.

The point that arguing with folks over this is pointless, also is a good one. I doubt there is much the folks in the camp of "this guys a quack or in need of mental help" can do to sway the folks in camp "there is a huge conspiracy to keep this man discredited" so I suggest we stop bothering. The whole thing blows my mind.

Mamahelpus, we do our best to talk to each other without mocking and taunting folks. If you stick around here, and you are certainly welcome in the apropriate forums, I would encourage you to find some more respectful approaches.
post #43 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

What "evidence?"

I don't know that the man in question is, in fact, Andrew Moulden, just because you say it is. My kids could make (and have made) a better video than the one shown, so I do question that an MD/PhD came up with that one.

Plenty of people post videos on YouTube that spoof, imitate, or otherwise lack a basis in reality.  


Since you have not posted any HARD EVIDENCE that Andrew Moulden lost his license, was hospitalized, or believes himself to be the reincarnation of anybody, but have only posted a video that could have been showing anybody, I think it's completely reasonable to question whether the video, in fact, showed Andrew Moulden.

For all I know, you might have some kind of personal grudge against Andrew Moulden, and chose this way to get back at him.

It wouldn't be the first time anyone has done such a thing. There are plenty of SNL and ONN skits on YouTube spoofing political figures, with surprisingly convincingly portrayals.  Tina Fey did such a convincing imitation of Sarah Palin, people's opinion of Sarah Palin changed overnight: http://articles.boston.com/2012-03-04/ideas/31118642_1_black-students-white-students-black-kids
Even FOX news was confused: http://www.salon.com/2011/06/06/fos_tine_fey_sarah_palin/

The fact that you are making fun of me for questioning the legitimacy of the video, and comparing me to someone who believes that the government is controlling me via tiny electrodes says a heck of a lot more about you than about me. 


I have reported your post.

While she may have been snarky in her post I cannot see how she was directly mocking you, especially in a manner that necessitates reporting her post. Heck, I have seen some pretty wicked replies going in the other direction that were deemed appropriate.

Adorkable is right that limiting the snark goes much further here, especially if you are in any way pro-vax.
post #44 of 79

the video now says its private. I don't feel much like watching it, but all the stir over its legitimacy now has me really curious what was in it!

post #45 of 79

It does not matter to me whether Andrew Moulden is whackadoo or not, as I am not going to use him (or any one individual ) as a source of information. 

 

I have  never heard of him until this thread. 

 

Mamahelpus - I actually thought your posts were funny  bag.gif  I reported the post anyways.  It is not acceptable to go on to the non-vax forum and say (among other things):

 

"Now that our operation has been exposed, it looks like we are going to have to zap everyone's brain with radio waves, starting with this forum. Only those wearing tin foil hats will be immune. Or, could it be that the tin foil hats act as antennae and I'm trying to trick you? You decide. Muhahahahahaa."


Edited by kathymuggle - 8/23/12 at 7:22pm
post #46 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

While mamahelpus us being snarky in a unproductive way, the point is valid. Unless the real mr moulden comes out and says this one is a fake and just looks exactly like him and is living a shadow of his life, I thinks it's fair to assume that this guy is the real one.

Have you seen him, before, then? Do you know what he looks like?

I've never met, seen, nor even heard of the man before this thread, myself.
post #47 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

I do not think it matters whether Andrew Moulden is whackadoo or not.  If he is - meh - whackadoos cross all demographics.

 

I can assure you I did not make my decision not to vax based on the words of Andrew Moulden.   Indeed, I never heard of him until this thread. 

since this thread was not about vax decision making it was about what folks had heard of Andrew Moulden, then it of course matters if it is mental stable or not. the OP was asking about him, not anything else. So that is what we have been talking about. i have been very careful (though not always successful0 to keep this about him, not vax theory. i realize what sub forum I'm and and would not be a part of turning this into a talk about vax decisions themselves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

While mamahelpus us being snarky in a unproductive way, the point is valid. Unless the real mr moulden comes out and says this one is a fake and just looks exactly like him and is living a shadow of his life, I thinks it's fair to assume that this guy is the real one.

Have you seen him, before, then? Do you know what he looks like?

I've never met, seen, nor even heard of the man before this thread, myself.

i have looked him up and on the places that are presenting him in a good light, places that folks defending him here have linked too, those also include photos and i saw a video. to my eye they certainly look like the very same person. his facebook page links to both his articles and medical stuff as well as this more unhinged stuff.  like i said, i do not know for certain, but i feel like it is a pretty safe assertion.

if there was another Andrew Moulden that was getting his good name smeared around the internet by this guy pretending to be him, i think a few google searches about a "fake Andrew Moulden" would have popped up him letting folks know and complaining about it, even if he could not stop it.  If a public figure tells facebook that they are being spoofed on the site , facebook is actually pretty good at taking it down.

so since none of this is seemingly happening, i feel safe to say this is the guy. im happy to be shown anything that says otherwise.

 

like i said, some of the greatest minds have fallen prey to the likes of bi polar disorder, schizophrenia and other organic brain issues, if this guy is having mental health issues, it does not really have to have anything to do with his claims relating to vax. they could be two unrelated issues. no i personally dont buy his theory AND i think he is a disturbed man, but again those are two different topics really.

post #48 of 79

mamahelp us, you are not being helpful to your own case.   you have been asked more than once to treat the folks here and out discussion with more respect. i have made sure to treat you with it.  please either cool it or take it somewhere else. frankly you are making yourself sound like just as unreliable source as you are ranting on him for being.

post #49 of 79

she googled him after reading the first few post in this thread (same as i did) and posted what she found. she is not lying. now did she ignore that the link she gave had pictures, yes, probably an over site. i will give her the benefit of the doubt here with no reservation that she feels that she has never personally seen him.

 

i think you need to give it a rest for today, there is a difference between "misspoke semantics" and "lying"

post #50 of 79
The guidelines clearly state that posts should be about the TOPIC and not the PERSON. However, this thread is investigating the legitimacy of a source of vaccine information, so in this case the topic IS the person, so I've been torn on how to mod this one. Mental illness may impact one's cognitive skills; however, mental illness is a sickness that impacts millions of people, including MDCers, so it's not something that should be treated flippantly.

Sarcasm isn't against the UA. Being sarcastic and cheeky to intentionally offend other members? NOT ok. Remember the portions of the UA that discuss "respect and courtesy at all times" and carry on, please.
post #51 of 79

thanks for poking your nose in Mosaic, we are doing our best om.gif

post #52 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHelpUs View Post

Okay, Adorkable, I'll put aside the snark and be frank now. TaxiMom5 is lying. In her last comment she said, "Have you seen him before, then? Do you know what he looks like? I've never met, seen, or heard of this man before this thread."
Yet, if you go to the first page of the comments, TaxiMom5 has posted a link to a page which contains an interview and several photos of him interspersed with that interview. But now she's claiming she has never seen him or heard of him before this thread...yet has posted a link containing photos of him and saying that anyone who has ever posted anything negative against him is biased.
How do you explain that, Adorkable? You starting to see what I see? smile.gif

I'm starting to see that you like to accuse people without carefully considering the FACTS.

 

If you read my FIRST post on this thread, I said:

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

I hadn't heard of him either, but the way the rationalwiki page is written, it's clear that whoever wrote that has an agenda, and is not interested in facts.

 

I agree, the way rationalwiki paints him, he sounds like a total nutcase. But it does seem like they WANT to paint him as a nutcase--which makes me wonder why.

 

Here is vactruth's interview with himhttp://vactruth.com/2009/07/21/dr-andrew-moulden-interview-what-you-were-never-told-about-vaccines/

He comes across very differently here.

 

As far as his FaceBook is concerned, I don't believe in being "FaceBook friends" with total strangers.  You never know if that person is actually who he says he is;  anybody can sign up for FaceBook under any made-up name. 

 

 

Because I wondered why the rationalwiki page was so slanted against Moulden, I googled him, and found the vactruth interview with him, which I then posted.  You might be able to see it yourself, if you  bother to look.  It's the second link that pops up (the first is the rationalwiki page).  Yes, it contains some dark, pictures--which vaguely resemble the man in the video.  But I couldn't swear that those 2 men are one and the same, as they look slightly different, and, as I said, he comes across very differently in the vactruth interview.

 

In an case, what I wrote--TWICE--was that I hadn't heard of him BEFORE THIS THREAD.  You are apparently unable to understand that "before this thread" does not mean "after I saw the first few posts on this thread." It means "before this thread."

 

I haven't been inconsistent at all, and I certainly haven't been lying.

 

I have also NOT said that "anyone who says anything negative about him is biased." I said that rationalwiki clearly had an agenda. And that's absolutely true.  Read it yourself.  It's a very one-sided perspective--not exactly, umm, rational.

 

So now you've made fun of me, accused me of lying, and misquoted me.

What else are you going to come up with?  This is getting interesting?lurk.gif

post #53 of 79
Quote:
 

When I said it did not matter whether he was mentally stable or not, it is because I would not use him as a source.    Ergo whether or not he is mentally stable is not relevant, to me.

 

OP:  I occasionally read inflammatory or controversial sites, but I take it with a grain of salt.  I usually use anything they say as a springboard for further investigation on more mainstreams sites.  I am a fan of the Pink Book, pubmed searches, etc. Even if you decide he does not have much credibility, you can double check anything he says that sounds plausible  (I suspect you know this - said for the lurkers as much as yousmile.gif)

 

Mentally unstable means just that - mentally unstable.  It does not necessarily mean wrong.   


Edited by kathymuggle - 8/23/12 at 8:30pm
post #54 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post
When I said it did not matter whether he was mentally stable or not, it is because I would not use him as a source.    Ergo whether or not he is mentally stable is not relevant to me.  

bold was mine, this is the part that was not included in your earlier post. with that included i totally understand where you are coming from, and i agree with the rest of your post.

 

i was simply responding that  felt it did matter to the thread in general and probably the question posed by the OP.

post #55 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Adorkable~ View Post

bold was mine, this is the part that was not included in your earlier post. with that included i totally understand where you are coming from, and i agree with the rest of your post.

 

i was simply responding that  felt it did matter to the thread in general and probably the question posed by the OP.

Glad I could clarify.  I will edit the earlier post a bit as well. 

 

Have a good evening,

 

Kathy

post #56 of 79

hahah if you edit the earlier post you please dont make it sound like i was ranting against a reasonable point, thanksduck.gif

 

sleep well, I'm going to sneak in to bed early and hope my twins agree that i need more sleep tonight

post #57 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHelpUs View Post

Adorkable, so youre saying that what TaxiMom is saying is that she never personally saw Andrew Moulden....in the flesh? And that's why she can't believe that the video I posted is valid and it is likely not him? So unless she has met someone in person....she doesnt believe any form of video footage she sees? Is this what youre saying?
If so, the notion of having a rational conversation here ceases to exist and I'll have to go back to being snarky. joy.gif
The bottom line with regards to this thread is...the emperor wears no clothes. Those of you gifted with the power of google need only let your fingers do the walking, and you will find that one of the leaders of the movement against vaccinations not only has no published evidence that vaccinations cause harm, or any evidence at all, but he is in fact very ill mentally. But if you choose not to see that for your own reasons, so be it, but I've passed along the knowledge, so I'm done now. Bye.


1) Andrew Moulden is hardly the "leader of the movement against vaccinations" if most of us here who question vaccine safety never heard of him before this thread.
2) There is plenty of hard evidence that vaccinations have caused severe harm, and even death, as conceded by the US Department of Health and Human Services. Are you choosing not to see this for your own reasons?
3) I do agree with one thing you've said: the bottom line is that the emperor wears no clothes.
Edited by Taximom5 - 8/23/12 at 10:01pm
post #58 of 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaHelpUs View Post

The video I posted was a video of Dr. Moulden himself filmed by Dr. Moulden himself. In order to control him to make him do that, I would have to be an extremely powerful individual with powers outside of this earth, which is probably something many of Dr. Moulden's followers believe is possible.
I've been caught. The truth is I'm a government agent and we are most displeased that Dr. Moulden has been exposing our covert operations, so to discredit him, we sent a series of radio waves to his brain and made him behave in this manner. We had been trying to do so for a long time but unfortunately the tin foil hat Dr. Moulden was wearing at night prevented us from doing so, as this operation can only be effective when the subject is sleeping. Fortunately we got lucky one night and he forgot to wear his tin foil hat to bed.
Now that our operation has been exposed, it looks like we are going to have to zap everyone's brain with radio waves, starting with this forum. Only those wearing tin foil hats will be immune. Or, could it be that the tin foil hats act as antennae and I'm trying to trick you? You decide. Muhahahahahaa.

 

LOL

 

Seriously though, I have a hard enough time defending my choices, and then people think I run with the likes of mouldens crowd. Sorry if that offends anyone. There is enough evidence in mainstream research to support the choice to not vaccinate, without having to rely on "specialists" like him. I am a thoughtful, educated mother who did her research.

post #59 of 79

My goodness! why are people getting their panties in a twist over Andrew Moulden.

 

Here's the bottm line. He is a man who has broadcasted his opinions for all to hear. Its up to the individual to make up their own minds based on the information available. How that information is interpreted is subjective to a certain extent. If someone chooses to believe Andrew Moulden and his viewpoints and information it is on them to research him and come to their own conclusions. Personally I don't care about whether or not his you tube video is real (didnt see it). Several years ago I got his DVD series Brainguard - just watching that was enough for me to NOT use him as a valid source of information. I have a large libray or books and DVD's about this subject that I lend friends who come asking me about why I make the choices I make - his DVD is NOT one I lend out!! lol.

 

FWIW I work in the mental health field, I sit and diagnose mental illness everyday. This guy definetely has something going on BUT here is the thing - I work with delusional and psychotic folks and I hear some crazy stuff on a daily basis. Most of the time Its pretty clear when someone is delusional however I can recall several instances when I have thought someone was psychotic and it turned out that their stories were true. Those experiences have humbled me and I always try and give everyone the benefit of the doubt until I have MORE information no matter how crazy a story I hear.  I digress what I think of Andrew Moulden is MY opinion and whether or not someone wishes to agree with me or not is no big deal frankly and I dont think Id feel the need to resort to the level of snarkiness I have seen on this thread.

post #60 of 79

MamaHelpUs, your posts are not at all conducive to a respectful discussion atmosphere. Please edit all of your posts to remove snarky comments, sarcasm, and personal attacks. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Andrew Moulden?