Before I completely freak out, please someone reassure me about my body and baby etc etc etc. I've said all the "right things" to moms in this situation before, and now here I am and I could use some hand holding.
NYS requirements for HB insist on an OB consultation. I have not had any scans yet in this pregnancy (I'm 35 weeks). Let me briefly say that this visit confirmed for me our decisions to pursue midwifery care and home birth. Anyway.
He (OB) did a scan (after admonishing me for not having any U/S up until this point), and found that baby is breech - which is what I and my MW have been suspecting. DD (LO1) was breech till 36 or 38, I don't remember, and she turned on her own.
I've emailed my MW to get her opinion on what I should be doing. The Dr wants to schedule an ECV already, but I'd like to try pulsatilla, acupuncture, chiro, etc. It is my understanding that HBMWs here are not permitted to attend breech HBs. Not sure if I would be "allowed" a trial of labor at the hospital if baby remains breech until delivery, or if I can attempt a vaginal breech birth.
Feeling very emotional and wrung out at the moment. Positive thoughts would be welcomed :)