or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Its not just a personal choice
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Its not just a personal choice - Page 13

post #241 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

 I decided to vaccinate my older daughter (now 6) after talking to my grandmother about it.  I had and still have friends who have chosen not to vaccinate (one because her first child had adverse reactions) and was emotionally distraught  trying to decide what to do and weeding through all the articles on the subject (yes- researching).  It is really scary to let anything be injected into your baby and feels counter to some natural mothering urges.  My grandmother simply said "if you had seen polio, you would not question the benefit of vaccines". 

 

Has your grandmother heard of SV-40, or vaccine-induced polio?

 

My grandmother had polio as an adult, and recovered with no complications, as did over 99% of people who had polio in the 1940s and 50s.  She died several years later from lung cancer as a result of smoking 4 packs a day for 40 years.

post #242 of 264
Quote:

Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

 

As far as the profitibility of vaccines are concerned, isn't it irrelevant which is more profitable, vaccines or drugs, when both are billion dollar industries?

 

And isn't the ultimate profitibility of vaccines affected by the fact that vaccines can cause/trigger illnesses/conditions that REQUIRE lifelong drugs, such as thyroid disease, diabetes, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis?

 

Bingo!

 

You can have your cake and eat it too when you are Big Medicine.

 

A slow kill weapon is the very best. Keep em sick enough to need you and well enough to keep working to pay you.

 

When the American people REJECT the insane current medical paradigm of taking toxic drugs, including "vaccines" for chronic problems perhaps this country can begin to heal.

post #243 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bokonon View Post

 

Has your grandmother heard of SV-40, or vaccine-induced polio?

 

My grandmother had polio as an adult, and recovered with no complications, as did over 99% of people who had polio in the 1940s and 50s.  She died several years later from lung cancer as a result of smoking 4 packs a day for 40 years.

Again you need to cite the source of your numbers here (which are highly problematic) for them to have any credibility.  And my grandmother has since passed away (a couple of years ago at 85).

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taximom5 View Post

I think it would be wise to keep pejorative terms such as  "conspiracy theorists" out of the discussion.

 

Questioning the motives, honesty, and accuracy of reporting from the most highly profitible industry in the world does not  make one anything less than cautious and critical,  particularly when discussing invasive procedures that even the industry has admitted has caused brain damage and death.  Why would anyone resort to applying extremely insulting labels towards those who question the marketing tatics of an industry which has been fined multiple times for lying?

 

As far as the profitibility of vaccines are concerned, isn't it irrelevant which is more profitable, vaccines or drugs, when both are billion dollar industries?

 

And isn't the ultimate profitibility of vaccines affected by the fact that vaccines can cause/trigger illnesses/conditions that REQUIRE lifelong drugs, such as thyroid disease, diabetes, asthma, and rheumatoid arthritis?

You may not have noticed that this term is in quotes (meaning I do not completely accept the term) and the paragraph before, I said I believe in some things that others may see as conspiracy theories.  I am applying insulting labels to no one, just pointing out that drug companies are accused of (and probably sometimes practice) nefarious behavior with both providing vaccines and withholding them.  Everyone has their beef  (not undeserved) with big pharma. 

 

 
The entire vaccine board seems to be dominated by a few voices who would like to prove to all that vaccines are poison.  I personally would really like to be able to engage in a discussion with others who chose some vaccines and skip others and who follow a delayed scheduled about why they make the choices they do, which is hard to come by even in the section designated for selective vaccinators.  I intend to start a separate thread with this request.
post #244 of 264

Ca country girl…..

 

I cannot seem to quote you properly.

 

I have no idea how many people got polio pre vaccine, but for most people it was very mild.

 

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/polio/dis-faqs.htm

 

"Most people infected with the polio virus have no symptoms, however for the less than 1% who develops paralysis it may result in permanent disability and even death."

 

 

I do understand why the vaccine existed - 1% is higher than I am comfortable with.  However, Bokonon is correct - 99 % of people who got Polio recovered without incidence.

 

As per the vax board being dominated by non-vax voices, it ebbs and flows. I can assure you there are vocal pro-vaxxers here. 

 

As for this thread - there were a number of pro-vaxxers on at the beginning.  It is hardly surprising non-vax voices are dominant, however, as we are the ones being accused of selfishness amongst other things.  


Edited by kathymuggle - 8/22/12 at 12:41pm
post #245 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Country Girl View Post

Again you need to cite the source of your numbers here (which are highly problematic) for them to have any credibility.  And my grandmother has since passed away (a couple of years ago at 85).

 

You may not have noticed that this term is in quotes (meaning I do not completely accept the term) and the paragraph before, I said I believe in some things that others may see as conspiracy theories.  I am applying insulting labels to no one, just pointing out that drug companies are accused of (and probably sometimes practice) nefarious behavior with both providing vaccines and withholding them.  Everyone has their beef  (not undeserved) with big pharma. 

 

  I believe those numbers come from the CDC

 

"Up to 95% of all polio infections are inapparent or asymptomatic"

Fewer than 1% of all polio infections result in flaccid paralysis

Approximately 4%–8% of polio infections consist of a minor, nonspecific illness without clinical or laboratory evidence of central nervous system invasion.

post #246 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by kathymuggle View Post

 

 

http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vpd-vac/polio/dis-faqs.htm

 

"Most people infected with the polio virus have no symptoms, however for the less than 1% who develops paralysis it may result in permanent disability and even death."

 

 

Thanks Kathy!

 

You and Marnica beat me to it - I was napping.  :)

post #247 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

  I believe those numbers come from the CDC

 

"Up to 95% of all polio infections are inapparent or asymptomatic"

Fewer than 1% of all polio infections result in flaccid paralysis

Approximately 4%–8% of polio infections consist of a minor, nonspecific illness without clinical or laboratory evidence of central nervous system invasion.

 

The true story of polio is not too hard to find. What is hard is accepting it.

 

Smoke, Mirrors, and the “Disappearance” Of Polio

post #248 of 264
Quote:
 

edited*


Edited by emmy526 - 8/23/12 at 4:42am
post #249 of 264
Quote:
"Most people infected with the polio virus have no symptoms, however for the less than 1% who develops paralysis it may result in permanent disability and even death."
Analogy: over 99% of the time people drive they arrive at their destination safely. We wear seat belts and use carseats for the rest of the time.

Vaccines are similar.
post #250 of 264
Posts removed for UAVs... emmy526, feel free to edit your post to remove the quoted UAV. Thanks! smile.gif
post #251 of 264
Seat belts don't really cause neurological and physiological problems though..
post #252 of 264

Hang on, I don't understand why my post drawing attention to the tactics & presence of pHARMa sock puppets & shills on this thread was deleted?

 

Can someone explain please?

post #253 of 264

how do you know?  my dh suffered a brain injury in a car crash...we don't know his seatbelt around his neck didn't have anything to do with it...we do know he suffered more because of wearing it, but the extent of the damage caused to him by the actual belt itself, is not known...it is speculation. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissMuffet View Post

Seat belts don't really cause neurological and physiological problems though..
post #254 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanati View Post

Hang on, I don't understand why my post drawing attention to the tactics & presence of pHARMa sock puppets & shills on this thread was deleted?

 

Can someone explain please?

you violated the UA

post #255 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmy526 View Post

wow........even if you disagree, name calling is against the UA...

Yes, I have just been informed & I regret the words I used. There are better ways to make a point & I will make sure it doesn't happen again. But I am confused why my other post was deleted when it was pointing out the existence of online identities who are paid to manipulate & deceive people on behalf of corporate or government interests.

 

That post was factual & pertinent to this thread & I would like to know why it was felt justified to remove it but leave the one that broke the forum rules up?

post #256 of 264

Which part of the UA did that specific post violate?

post #257 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial-mom View Post


Analogy: over 99% of the time people drive they arrive at their destination safely. We wear seat belts and use carseats for the rest of the time.
Vaccines are similar.

 

I disagree. I think this is a poor analogy. Wearing a seatbelt does not carry risks of serious side effects including death (at least not that I am aware of - excluding defective belts and ones that are not worn properly). Comparing getting injecting drugs and unproven chemicals/adjuvants into one's body and wearing a seatbelt is like comparing apples to hair dye IMO.  

 

ETA: Emmy - just saw your post. Yes I suppose that is right. So in that regard perhaps vaccines and seat belts being safe are both just speculation.

post #258 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marnica View Post

I disagree. I think this is a poor analogy. Wearing a seatbelt does not carry risks of serious side effects including death (at least not that I am aware of - excluding defective belts and ones that are not worn properly). Comparing getting injecting drugs and unproven chemicals/adjuvants into one's body and wearing a seatbelt is like comparing apples to hair dye IMO.  

 

ETA: Emmy - just saw your post. Yes I suppose that is right. So in that regard perhaps vaccines and seat belts being safe are both just speculation.

 

The other difference between seatbelts and vaccines is when you get out of the car you unbuckle the seatbelt and leave it in the car. Once a vaccine has been administered its antigens, excipients, preservatives etc remain with you all the time, and permanently alters the body. 

post #259 of 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by humanati View Post

Which part of the UA did that specific post violate?

 

 

You can't call people names or refer to them in an inflammatory way.  It's just not nice.  And really it destroys any credibility you may have if you decide to throw around insults immediately upon joining... You are welcome.

post #260 of 264
humanati, review the UA AND the forum guidelines. Your posts were disrespectful and attacking other members instead of staying focused on the topic. If you have additional questions, please PM me directly rather than sidetrack this thread further.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Vaccinations
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › Its not just a personal choice