I have looked everywhere for this answer. I experience predictable Mittelschmerz every month 2-3 days after I ovulate (according to calendar, EWCM, and sometimes a OPK). This month, we tried to conceive and I feel confident we hit the O time frame. Three days later, I'm having my regular, predictable O-pain. Does that mean we didn't conceive? Or is it still possible? Do any of you get o-pain after ovulation? and have you ever experienced it and still got a positive preg test? It's hard to be patient...
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Negative pregnancy test, late period and home birth questions Last post on Today at 4:40 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Could it be pregnacy? or what? Last post on Today at 12:19 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on 5/18/13 at 9:34pm in Trying To Conceive
- Want to take pregnancy test! Last post on 5/18/13 at 8:16am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:31am in Trying To Conceive
Is it possible to have Mittelschmerz after conceiving during ovulation?
Actually, you don't ovulate after you conceive. Your body is designed to prevent this from happening.
Your ovaries are probably sensitive to the fluids released by the ruptured follicles -- you may not be feeling them actually rupture, but just being irritated by the after effects of the process. Your temp, ewcm, and cervical position are much more reliable indicators for timing ovulation than mittelschmertz.
ovulation occurs 1-3 days after a +OPK, so that cramping your feeling 2 days after +OPK just means thats the day you are actually ovulating.
I'm sure you meant to ask if cramping after ovulation a sign of pregnancy and the answer would be yes, it happens throughout pregnancy.
I just re-read OP's question, and I see that she wrote "I experience mittelschmertz every month 2-3 days AFTER I ovulate" (which is what I responded to, lol). But then I see that OP is basing ovulation on ewcm, the calendar, and OPKs. In this case, OP, since those things can only indicate approaching ovulation and can't indicate when you have ovulated (like temperature and cervical position can), I would agree that the mittelschmertz you're experiencing is happening at ovulation. This makes perfect sense -- ewcm and OPKs help you predict when you should dtd, which is usually 2-3 days before you ovulate.
As to cramping, you can definitely cramp after conception -- many women do (and I did with all of my pregnancies). GL!
If you aren't pregnant, I'd strongly suggest you start tracking your basal body temperature, to more accurately pinpoint ovulation. It'll happen a day or a few days after the EWCM, and the OPKs can be quite off too. BBT only tells you that you already did ovulate (unless you dip on O day, as some do), but it still helps you understand the sequence your body prefers.
I don't think it's a sign either way. When you ovulate, your egg bursts from a follicle on your ovary. This is what causes mittelschmerz. Afterward, a cyst is left on your ovary. The cyst can cause mittelschmerz-like feelings through your luteal phase, whether you are pregnant or not.
round2mommy: Unfortunately a calendar, opk, and ewcm cannot tell you when you ovulated. They just tell you that ovulation is coming in the near-ish future and that it's good time to have sex if you want to get pregnant. Charting your temperatures would help clear up your confusion. For example, I ovulate about 2 full days after I feel my O-pain.
Either way, good luck!
- Is it possible to have Mittelschmerz after conceiving during ovulation?
- › ~+~+~+~+~ May 2013 Chat *~*~*~*~* 57 seconds ago
- › Husband and son can no longer live together 1 minute ago
- › Here's something different: single dad 5 minutes ago
- › How long did you wait for your placenta? 6 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy After Baby Loss 7 minutes ago
- › Suddenly very clingy 17 month old 8 minutes ago
- › Gallbladder 8 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 8 minutes ago
- › Cloth diapering 101 9 minutes ago
- › Hello ladies! 11 minutes ago
- › Earth Mama Angel Baby - Milkmaid Tea, 16 tea bags by KaliShanti
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo