any reason why? I know the Mothering forums aren't specifically set up to integrate with Tapatalk, but it was working so well for awhile. I miss it.
- topicMothering Helptagged by System, 8/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Trying to figure out how to reply to a thread Last post on Yesterday at 8:30 pm in Site Help
- How do I create a new article? Last post on 12/2/13 at 11:52am in Site Help
- What to do next time? Pushing techniques please :-) Last post on 11/26/13 at 12:35pm in Birth and Beyond
- Mobile one step reputation? Last post on 11/12/13 at 2:27pm in Site Help
- Why does this site whistle at me? Last post on 11/9/13 at 9:07am in Site Help
Joining Mothering Made Easy With Facebook Connect!
Last edited: 7/24/13
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?Last edited: 3/21/13
- Mothering Member Benefits
Tapatalk app and the forumspost #1 of 98/17/12 at 5:33amThread Starterpost #2 of 98/18/12 at 8:06am
Our tech team is ramping up progress for our own mobile functionality that makes the forum user friendly on a mobile device and that will make using Tapatalk unnecessary. Because they are doing that they are not putting in the time and effort that Tapatalk requires to accommodate their coding changes for every upgrade of browser and Tapatalk software.
So, it is either that Tapatalk has made some changes or our recent forum update made changes and one or the other is causing a conflict causing it to stop working. So sorry.post #3 of 98/18/12 at 10:34amThis happens to me all the time and is really annoying. What I do, that works every time:
Delete the Tapatalk app from your iPad, just delete it completely. Then go to the app store and re-install it (don't worry, you will not have to pay for it again.) MDC should work fine again the first time you log in with the newly re-installed app.post #4 of 98/19/12 at 5:22amThread Starterpost #5 of 99/12/12 at 3:30pmI haven't had this happen to me in a few months, but previously I would go to manage apps and find tapa talk and clear stuff. There are 2 levels - cache and data. I can't remember if you need to do both. Try clearing cache first, then if that doesn't work try clear data too. Clearing data will clear out your login and everything iirc. This has always worked for me.
I'm glad to hear mothering is looking at something other than tapa talk. TT works great for the other forums I use it for, but it's never worked well with Mothering. I hope the new solution is as great as the diaper swappers app is!post #6 of 99/18/12 at 8:32am
i just had to log out and back in, or once just set up my log in with mdc again within tapatalk.
on a bigger note, i urge MDC to not drop support for tapatalk, i really really do not like to have to have a program and another icon for each forum im on, it simply does not give me enough benefits that are worth while. Tapatalk is suck a good program and lets me check out my car fourm, my flower forum and mdc all in the same quick session or whatever folks do. i tend to avoid stand along forum programs, and dislike having to use different interfaces for each one with different controls.
a separate program seems like a solution looking for a problem, or a ploy to make more money. just isn't the smoothest way to do things imho
would you like to share with us what is motivating going to a mobile forum software over something like tapatalk?post #7 of 99/18/12 at 10:49am
As far as I understand at this point it's not a separate mobile forum software that you would install. It's an autodetect of a mobile device accessing the site and the mobile friendly version would appear for you automatically.
I think we'll have a community test of it. If you'd like to be a tester just let me know. :)post #8 of 99/18/12 at 11:07am
i would certainly be interested in testing and i responded the the ambassador thread to that end.
i have seen some forums do a VERY good job of a mobile site that was not a stand along app but an auto detection, and do think this is a very legitimate option, thank you for explaining.
sorry if i was jumping to conclusions, i have two sites i love that use stand alone apps and the both are buggy and it has seriously decreased me participation on them. one i have been a member of for nearly a decade, so that is very sad to me.post #9 of 99/18/12 at 12:06pm
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?
- › Pregnancy/ Childbirth Wish List 8 seconds ago
- › Please explain to me why.. 1 minute ago
- › Have any other Mummas pimped their carriers? 2 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Journal: Mindful Eating 12 minutes ago
- › First Time Expecting from Kansas City 12 minutes ago
- › Not so good news- enlarged yolk sac 12 minutes ago
- › How are you staying sane? 13 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 12 (enrolling through... 13 minutes ago
- › I don't like playing with my kid 13 minutes ago
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Polar Express by Alyssa Eisner
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Marcy Axness
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Melanie Mayo