any reason why? I know the Mothering forums aren't specifically set up to integrate with Tapatalk, but it was working so well for awhile. I miss it.
- topicMothering Helptagged by System, 8/17/12
Related Forum Threads
- Print subscription? Last post on 3/3/14 at 10:14am in Site Help
- mobile site Last post on 3/4/14 at 7:24pm in Site Help
- Can we filter New Post results? Last post on 2/7/14 at 1:00pm in Site Help
- What should you do if your husband and you are not the same page when you try to discipline your... Last post on 2/5/14 at 7:27am in Parenting
- I'm not vaccinating forum Last post on 2/15/14 at 7:37am in Site Help
Joining Mothering Made Easy With Facebook Connect!
Last edited: 7/24/13
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?Last edited: 3/21/13
- Mothering Member Benefits
Tapatalk app and the forumspost #1 of 98/17/12 at 5:33amThread Starterpost #2 of 98/18/12 at 8:06am
Our tech team is ramping up progress for our own mobile functionality that makes the forum user friendly on a mobile device and that will make using Tapatalk unnecessary. Because they are doing that they are not putting in the time and effort that Tapatalk requires to accommodate their coding changes for every upgrade of browser and Tapatalk software.
So, it is either that Tapatalk has made some changes or our recent forum update made changes and one or the other is causing a conflict causing it to stop working. So sorry.post #3 of 98/18/12 at 10:34amThis happens to me all the time and is really annoying. What I do, that works every time:
Delete the Tapatalk app from your iPad, just delete it completely. Then go to the app store and re-install it (don't worry, you will not have to pay for it again.) MDC should work fine again the first time you log in with the newly re-installed app.post #4 of 98/19/12 at 5:22amThread Starterpost #5 of 99/12/12 at 3:30pmI haven't had this happen to me in a few months, but previously I would go to manage apps and find tapa talk and clear stuff. There are 2 levels - cache and data. I can't remember if you need to do both. Try clearing cache first, then if that doesn't work try clear data too. Clearing data will clear out your login and everything iirc. This has always worked for me.
I'm glad to hear mothering is looking at something other than tapa talk. TT works great for the other forums I use it for, but it's never worked well with Mothering. I hope the new solution is as great as the diaper swappers app is!post #6 of 99/18/12 at 8:32am
i just had to log out and back in, or once just set up my log in with mdc again within tapatalk.
on a bigger note, i urge MDC to not drop support for tapatalk, i really really do not like to have to have a program and another icon for each forum im on, it simply does not give me enough benefits that are worth while. Tapatalk is suck a good program and lets me check out my car fourm, my flower forum and mdc all in the same quick session or whatever folks do. i tend to avoid stand along forum programs, and dislike having to use different interfaces for each one with different controls.
a separate program seems like a solution looking for a problem, or a ploy to make more money. just isn't the smoothest way to do things imho
would you like to share with us what is motivating going to a mobile forum software over something like tapatalk?post #7 of 99/18/12 at 10:49am
As far as I understand at this point it's not a separate mobile forum software that you would install. It's an autodetect of a mobile device accessing the site and the mobile friendly version would appear for you automatically.
I think we'll have a community test of it. If you'd like to be a tester just let me know. :)post #8 of 99/18/12 at 11:07am
i would certainly be interested in testing and i responded the the ambassador thread to that end.
i have seen some forums do a VERY good job of a mobile site that was not a stand along app but an auto detection, and do think this is a very legitimate option, thank you for explaining.
sorry if i was jumping to conclusions, i have two sites i love that use stand alone apps and the both are buggy and it has seriously decreased me participation on them. one i have been a member of for nearly a decade, so that is very sad to me.post #9 of 99/18/12 at 12:06pm
- Support Ribbons - What do they all mean?
- › Attempted UC one year later 3 minutes ago
- › Need some advice about strabismus/amblyopia & eye muscle surgery --... 6 minutes ago
- › Eating and guilt/worry 23 minutes ago
- › FDA Position Vacant - Informatics Fellowship, Center for Biologics... 40 minutes ago
- › Being judged due to money 49 minutes ago
- › The BEST baby product you own? 49 minutes ago
- › Bajingo Mamas and Babies - Having babies in our 30s - '11, '12,... 54 minutes ago
- › Breastpad DIY 1 hour, 2 minutes ago
- › Breast pads 1 hour, 5 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 1 hour, 16 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea