Ok this is very long so here it goes:
My husbands ex girlfriend has three children. She had a child before they met and were together. She found out she was pregnant with my husbands child and ended the relationship. It came out later that's all she wanted was another child and he fell for it. I met my husband when she was around 3 months pregnant. The day after I met him we were in a serious relationship. It was very quick I know but I knew that's what I wanted. His son was born in June of 08. We got married in October of 08. From 2008 to April of 2012 she made it impossible for us to have contact with his son. Flash forward to April 2012, all three of her children were removed from her care. She had another child in 2011.
The children were removed because:
- She left an infant unattended in a motor vehicle while she went into a bar and partied
- Her boyfriend was physically/Mentally abusive to children
- Her home is disgusting
- She could not clean or do any simple household tasks
- She lives with her parents and does not have a stable home without them and CPS didn't like it
- The children are afraid of her boyfriend
- Her boyfriend threatened the lives of the children, ex girlfriend, her parents, and agency staff with an assault rifle
- The children would scream and cry when left alone with him, begging to go too
- The children were left alone with him
- Not enough food, clothing, etc
After the children were placed into Foster Care, my husband fought for custody of his son. In April we were granted Primary Physical Custody of his son. We were told the case was open from CPS because of him being in foster care but that case would be closed because he was no longer in foster care. My husband and I have three children together. Now four and a half months later we are still dealing with CPS.
CPS is harassing myself and my family. Anything is a "Safety Hazard" to them, and I literally mean anything. My dog being able to bump into the kids, my 11 month old son drinking his bottle on the living room floor, me having an electric stove because the coils stay hot, an open can of ravioli that the kids had just eaten on the kitchen counter because I was cleaning them up from eating it and hadn't gotten to throw it away yet. You name it they pointed it out to me. I'm not proud of it, but I lost my patience with them and let them have it.
My children are not abused, or neglected. My home gets messy absolutely. We have four children ages 4,3,2,and almost 1. So yeah I'm one person I can only accomplish so much at a time. I have lowered the number of toys they have downstairs to help with clean up time. I cook, I do dishes, I vacuum, I shampoo the floors, I dust, I sweep and mop, I keep the counters and stove clean. I mean what more do they want?
I just want them to leave us alone and go help the children who are in need and who are being abused, and stop wasting their time on people who have done nothing wrong. This is all very frustrating. CPS is at my home biweekly. Harassing me, making it out like I can't do anything right with my children. Our discipline is Gentle. She asked me if we put our children in Time outs. When I answered "No." She looked at me confused. I told her we use the "Gentle Discipline" method. She looked at me like I was nuts and like she did not understand what I was talking about. Another thing I do not like is every time they come here they want to inspect my bedroom and my children's bedrooms. Do I have to let them look at those areas? I feel my privacy is violated when someone wants to go through my sleeping space. My children are uncomfortable with it also. I'm starting to feel like these people will never go away.
So here are my questions:
- Do I have to let them inspect our bedrooms?
- Is this harassment?
- Do I have a legal case agaisnt them?
- Has anyone dealt with them before when they wouldn't stop harassing and quite frankly being a pain in the ass over every little tiny thing?
- How can I get them to just leave me alone?