Thanks everyone - I am feeling much better a week later....We will continue ttc and will send lots of baby dust to all of us...
- topicTrying To Conceivetagged by System, 8/20/12
Related Forum Threads
- 9-10DPO AF Due on the 18th Last post on Today at 12:00 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Light periods Last post on 3/11/14 at 11:00pm in Trying To Conceive
- Baby aspirin Last post on 3/12/14 at 12:04pm in Trying To Conceive
- DHEA? Last post on 3/10/14 at 10:09am in Trying To Conceive
- Success stories after vasectomy reversal? Last post on Yesterday at 12:48 pm in Trying To Conceive
My Road Through Infertility
Last edited: 9/3/13
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss ResourcesLast edited: 6/27/11
- Fertility Awareness MethodLast edited: 8/22/11
Just turned 40 and trying for #3 - Page 2post #21 of 248/30/12 at 9:40ampost #22 of 248/30/12 at 11:55am
mirpmama, glad to hear you are feeling more encouraged! ttc'ing is definitely a roller coaster of emotions. Especially when we feel like we are against the clock.
Like so many on here, I was older (37) when I married-- DH and I had just met the year before. I feel so blessed to have my children. I, too, find it annoying (sometimes more than slightly!) when people assume that we are done now, because of my age. It has gotten worse, with the comments coming my way, since we have a boy and girl. People always say we have a millionaire family-- where did that phrase start, anyway?! Also, on top of it all, some have even said to me that I may be pushing it by wanting to have another one-- these two children were born healthy, "what if the next one isn't", "you may be pushing your luck", etc.
I have more to write, but I have to go-- baby is crying!
Looking forward to more conversation on here!post #23 of 248/30/12 at 12:18pmQuote:
That has to be one of the worst comments.
When we had our miscarriage my MIL actually blamed it on DH being over 40. Said it was probably for the best as he was too old to have healthy swimmers and the baby would have been a disaster. And she said this to the day after we found out the baby had died and I was still waiting for the miscarriage to happen.
Now that we have our 2 boys the assumption is that we're just trying for a girl, and if we get one we'll be done. NO, we're trying for a BABY, and we won't be done until I reach the menopause and can't have any more.
Even though we are very open about NOT planning our family, and just seeing what happens, we still get surprised reactions when people find out we aren't done with 2. Our children are the only grandchildren on DH's side, as he only has a brother and so far his wife has not been able to get pregnant and after several years of trying they have given up. You'd think that since we will be providing the only grandchildren that MIL would be happy for us to have as many as possible, but instead she is always so negative about us having more.post #24 of 248/31/12 at 11:42am
Yeah....we are getting a lot of "you want MORE?"....um, we only have THREE....my response is always, if i was younger i would have like 6 more, but with my age just one, maybe 2....people have NO idea what to do...like having more than 3 kids is the weirdest thing in the world....sigh....
- Trying To Conceive After A Loss Resources
- › Mumps outbreak in Columbus, OH 1 minute ago
- › Fertility Challenged Graduates Thread - Spring/Summer 2014 2 minutes ago
- › milestones 2 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 2 minutes ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 2 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 3 minutes ago
- › can't find heartbeat on my home doppler 6 minutes ago
- › Career 6 minutes ago
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 13 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 18 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild