I'm beginning to think so, but I've not been to classes at a bona fide Waldorf school (we've just visited for an AWSNA conference). What are your thoughts?
Related Forum Threads
- Parent-Infant Classes Last post on Yesterday at 9:22 pm in Waldorf
- Blacksburg, VA? Last post on 5/22/13 at 6:43am in Waldorf
- Playstand plans with arches Last post on Yesterday at 8:46 am in Waldorf
- Curriculum Last post on 5/21/13 at 3:33pm in Waldorf
- Natural Craft Ideas for Art Fair/Auction Last post on 4/11/13 at 3:49pm in Waldorf
Is Waldorf better practiced in the home?
IMHO, early childhood is definitely better in the home, but it might be different for different people. The Waldorf early childhood programs are trying to mimic a home-like environment, so if you can keep your young ones really at home and that works for your child(ren) and family, why wouldn't you? It doesn't mean they can't be social creatures from time to time. Parents are a child's first teachers, you know! Some socialization can come from attending Waldorf events at a school. That's always an option.
The only reason our daughter attended a Waldorf-inspired preschool and later a Waldorf home nursery for kindergarten is because I was in school myself. I needed the child care aspect of it. She started 2nd grade today, and although I considered homeschooling as well, this is the best for her right now! Everyone's different!
- Is Waldorf better practiced in the home?
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 1 minute ago
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 4 minutes ago
- › Foster/Adopt need advice PLEASE!!! 10 minutes ago
- › Overweight children - is it parental neglect? 10 minutes ago
- › Ways to cool off as it gets hot out. 17 minutes ago
- › The TTC One Thread - May Flowers and BFP's 18 minutes ago
- › Hospital Bag / Homebirth List 19 minutes ago
- › Impact of DSM - 5 Criteria for ASD 25 minutes ago
- › Doulas serving Albert Lea 26 minutes ago
- › Has anybody else experienced this? 29 minutes ago
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by casaDES
- › Lansinoh 20265 Disposable Nursing Pads, 60-pack by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by earobb
- › Medela Nightime Nursing Sleep Bra by earobb
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by earobb
- › NUK Ultra Thin Nursing Pads, 60 Pack by earobb
- › The First Years Breastflow BPA Free Bottle, 5 Ounce by KaliShanti
- › Simple Wishes Hands-Free Breastpump Bra, XS/S/M by KaliShanti
- › Seal N Go Breast Milk Freezer Disposable Liners - 25 / Pack by KaliShanti
- › Medela Quick Clean Micro-Steam Bags by KaliShanti
- › Why We Homeschool by Sheryl Paul
- › A Mama's Peace by AmandaK
- › 7 Simple Recipes to Bless a New Mom by Melanie Mayo
- › Closing Up Shop: Life After Vasectomy by Melanie Mayo
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by Melanie Mayo
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Amy Lansky
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf