I'm beginning to think so, but I've not been to classes at a bona fide Waldorf school (we've just visited for an AWSNA conference). What are your thoughts?
Related Forum Threads
- Blacksburg, VA? Last post on Yesterday at 3:51 am in Waldorf
- Playstand plans with arches Last post on 5/14/13 at 1:37pm in Waldorf
- Curriculum Last post on 4/12/13 at 4:39am in Waldorf
- Natural Craft Ideas for Art Fair/Auction Last post on 4/11/13 at 3:49pm in Waldorf
- Waldorf Dress Code- Last post on 5/14/13 at 2:03am in Waldorf
Is Waldorf better practiced in the home?
IMHO, early childhood is definitely better in the home, but it might be different for different people. The Waldorf early childhood programs are trying to mimic a home-like environment, so if you can keep your young ones really at home and that works for your child(ren) and family, why wouldn't you? It doesn't mean they can't be social creatures from time to time. Parents are a child's first teachers, you know! Some socialization can come from attending Waldorf events at a school. That's always an option.
The only reason our daughter attended a Waldorf-inspired preschool and later a Waldorf home nursery for kindergarten is because I was in school myself. I needed the child care aspect of it. She started 2nd grade today, and although I considered homeschooling as well, this is the best for her right now! Everyone's different!
- Is Waldorf better practiced in the home?
- › Two hour labor, big baby, home birth 2 minutes ago
- › PDX Fluoride Vote! 15 minutes ago
- › Early Intervention for speech 16 minutes ago
- › How are you feeling? 18 minutes ago
- › Does this sound like dyslexia? 30 minutes ago
- › What should we need to do for preparing our Child for Kindergarten? 39 minutes ago
- › how to sensitively introduce disability issues before playdate 54 minutes ago
- › your thoughts on facebook 1 hour, 6 minutes ago
- › May 2013 Chit Chat 1 hour, 59 minutes ago
- › Official bead sign up thread. :) 2 hours, 2 minutes ago
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Boppy Nursing Pillow with Slipcover by KaliShanti
- › Bebe Au Lait Cotton Nursing Cover - Poppy Hills by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Motherhood Wireless Full Coverage Nursing Bra by KaliShanti
- › Udder Covers for Nursing Mothers - CARSON by kelseywhitney
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo