My son, who is a little over 2 yrs old, is fully vaccinated (minus flu shots). My 7 month old daughter has only received her 2 months shots and I am not going to have either child recieve any additional vaccines. Due to severe eczema and other problems (blood in her stool) that began immediately after her last set of shots, I researched the actual ingredients of vaccines and my husband and I do not want that stuff injected into our kids. I have been able to avoid a big argument with her current doctor by saying that I wanted to go to an allergist and pinpoint all of her allergies before consenting to any additional vaccines. He was fine with this until he realized that she is actually two sets of shots behind now and took a totally different tone with me.
We are currently on the waitlist for Dr. Ramsdell in Cary, but I have no idea how long that list is (I am guessing quite lengthy) We are actually in the Pinehurst/Southern Pines area. I am willing to drive as far as necessary to be able to take my children to a doctor who won't attempto to force vaccines on our family. We have Tricare Prime, so I know that limits us. I am willing to switch to Standard if necessary or even pay out of pocket. Thank you for any suggestions.