Had my first OB appt and u/s yesterday, I should have been 9 weeks 2 days, the baby measured 4-5 weeks and no hb. I had hcg levels drawn and will have them repeated, but it's really only confirming what we already know. The OB said there was a small chance we were having trouble visualizing everything due to my retroverted uterus, but deep down I know that's not the case. It was a transvaginal u/s and I have felt all along that something wasn't right. My dates can't be off, I tested positive 5 weeks ago and I am very regular. I wish I had listened to my intuition and gone sooner. I had only one episode of very very light spotting a few days ago, no bleeding or cramping, I still have my symptoms...this sucks. I'm grappling with the decision to wait out the natural process (which my body does not seem to be doing) or go for a d&c. I'm going into a couple of brutal weeks at work, all overnights again starting tonight, and I just want to curl up and die.
Wasn't meant to be
Oh, my goodness, I am so sorry! I've been through that twice now and it is so hard. ::hug:: Praying for wisdom for you in your decisions and for some really great support from friends and family to help you these next few weeks. Take it easy-- can you ask your doc to put you on disability from work for a week or two?
P.S. you can PM me if you want to discuss natural mc vs. D+C. I had a natural mc that ended up with a D+C for complications and another natural mc. There are benefits and disadvantages to both options; it is a very personal decision. Whichever one you choose and feel most comfortable with is the right one for you. So sorry, again.