Hello Mamas! We are trying to conceive number 4. We tried for a 2 months late last winter, but the timing was not great and I was dealing with some Lyme disease complications, so when it didn't work out I really wasn't too bummed or surprised.....but we were trying again this month, and the timing looked pretty good, and all my physical signs looked pretty good....and I just got my period this morning. I know one month of trying is nothing - and I am extremely blessed to already have 3 amazing children.....But our first 2 were conceived on the first try, and our 3rd was conceived without even trying and I am feeling so down this morning....I am 2 weeks away from 39 and I am feeling like it is not gonna happen for us. I am a negative person who kind of always jumps to the worst conclusion unfortunately, and my husband is a super super SUPER positive person and is being all positive about it today - telling me not to worry and not to be upset, that it will happen etc etc...and maybe he is right - maybe it will...but maybe it won't....regardless, I am super sad this morning.....I don't know whether we should try again next month ( we did have 2 times we had planned to dtd but our oldest landed in the ER one of the nights and everyone was awake in our vacation place the other and it just didnt seem appropriate lol), or if I should call the Dr and talk about fertility treatments? Would that even talk to me this soon?? Sigh....I just want to cry today and was hoping for some comfort from some mamas.....thanks,
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Thoughts on my situation please ! Last post on Yesterday at 7:22 pm in Trying To Conceive
- No ppaf and one day of EW surrounded by Abundant creamy cm.. Last post on Yesterday at 9:10 am in Trying To Conceive
- Finding a supportive provider for TTC over 40 Last post on 6/17/13 at 6:40pm in Trying To Conceive
- BBT rising on CD4? Last post on 6/17/13 at 4:23am in Trying To Conceive
- How often? Last post on 6/13/13 at 12:28pm in Trying To Conceive
Need some words of comfort.....
I realize I may sounds awful since we have only tried for one month....but like I said my frame of reference based on my other 3 is probably not normal.....and I am just so sad this morning and even though I have a ton of friends in their early 40s and late 30s who are pregnant or just had babies, I am feeling about 100 today....:/
I'm sorry you're feeling so sad. You have been very, very fortunate in the past. It sounds like you have no reason to believe it won't happen. It just might take longer this time. Some perseverance might help. If one of your children gave up on something after only trying it once, wouldn't you encourage them to stick with it and try again? Your husband sounds like a good influence. We have tried 8 times and had one loss. Each time, my wife tells me it will happen. It's hard but I have to believe her. I need to have faith that it will happen. Good luck!
Thank you! I know it's easy to get down, but we all have to find a way to keep going because we know how great the reward is.
I thought it might help to chime and say that in my mid 20's (young) we charted to TTC and timed things right, and it still took 5 tries.
...and just know that it's okay to feel sad and to cry even if you're brain feels like it's irrational. You're heart still feels it. Let it out and you'll feel better soon and be ready to give it another go.
I know that anytime I've ever thought I might be pregnant, and then found out I'm not.....I end up being horribly sad for several days after finding out. The strong feelings always surprise me.
It's rough. I feel you, mama. <3 It's frustrating yet I feel whiny when I think of others I know who have been TTC forever and/or have experienced an mc or more. I believe it's all relative though and someone else's experience doesn't make someone else's experience not as big. You know?
It took us 3 years to conceive our first, with a miscarriage along the way. We were both healthy, mid-20s, no real explanation except that's just how long it took. Our second, we weren't trying at all and she was conceived before we were ready! So, obviously we were fertile. Sometimes it takes a while. I'd give it at least 6 months before you assume something is "wrong." GL!
I could have wrote your post, I kinda did in the TWW thread. My first was an oops and my second only took one try. I thought for sure it would be the same this time. Nope we are on try 6 and just got a BFN today. I'm sorry you're feeling so crummy, I know how you feel.
Thanks everyone....we are now in the 2ww phase....and I am beyond frustrated....my dh fell asleep twice while putting the kids to bed, and once told me it was too late at night (it was after 1 when all 3 kids were finally asleep)....i know he wants another one...i just dont think he gets how important the timing is....sigh.....thanks again everyone - you mamas are so awesome!!!
- › ~Weekly Chat Thread for June 15th-21st~ 47 seconds ago
- › Lump in groin/lymph area? 48 seconds ago
- › What's the best book you've read this year? 48 seconds ago
- › July EDD Thread (new/updated) 1 minute ago
- › induction or cesarean? 2 minutes ago
- › Biting my baby 2 minutes ago
- › Signs of Impending Labor - chat thread 3 minutes ago
- › Been out of the diaper "game" for so long, PLEASE HELP 3 minutes ago
- › how many hours of school do your middle and high schoolers do each day 4 minutes ago
- › Complete lack of appetite? 4 minutes ago
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by MinneapolisMama
- › Burt's Bees Baby Bee SPF 30 Sunscreen Stick, 0.7 Ounce by lamjenifer
- › Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Baby Head-to-Toe Wash & Shampoo -... by glassesgirlnj
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama