I read that glycerin actually binds to your teeth and causes them not to remineralize....most natural toothpastes, including homemade recipes, seem to contain glycerin. I've used plain baking soda on my own teeth before but can't see my children liking it. Just wondering what other mom's have used and found to be successful, thanks!
- topicDentaltagged by System, 8/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Reversing dental decay with Xylitol in toddlers? Post surgery care? Last post on 12/1/13 at 8:48pm in Dental
- Please Help! 5 year old with first cavity Last post on 11/24/13 at 8:15pm in Dental
- Remineralization ? Last post on 12/6/13 at 2:59pm in Dental
- What is the procedure of tooth extractions for a 2-3 year old? Last post on 10/10/13 at 11:36pm in Dental
- Studies About Holistic Dental Care Last post on 12/7/13 at 10:45pm in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
What do you brush your childrens teeth with??
I use Now Foods Kids Toothpaste with Xylitol. Its fluoride free, and the xylitol prevents plaque from forming. She has been cavity free this entire time. I dont know if it has glycerine, but I heard that brushing with plain water before using toothpaste helps get teeth cleaner. I do consider it successful based on the fact her teeth are very healthy.
Thanks everyone for your replies! My girls actually really like Tom's Silly strawberry fluoride free toothpaste, the problem is just the glycerin. It looks like all the others mentioned here have glycerin as well.
Mittsy~I really like the looks of that remineralizing toothpaste, may have to give it a try. Do your children like it? What do you flavor yours with?
- › Welcome Babies! 8 minutes ago
- › Weight Loss 8 minutes ago
- › Baby Sage has arrived! 14 minutes ago
- › hard to handle mother in law, my son's only living grandparent..... 17 minutes ago
- › Breaking your water 21 minutes ago
- › Do you do the whole Santa Claus thing? 24 minutes ago
- › Dingo Bells, Dingo Bells, Dingo all the Way!!!! 49 minutes ago
- › Piercing baby ears - okay or not? 50 minutes ago
- › So what if my child has ADHD? 59 minutes ago
- › birth stories! 1 hour ago
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo