I read that glycerin actually binds to your teeth and causes them not to remineralize....most natural toothpastes, including homemade recipes, seem to contain glycerin. I've used plain baking soda on my own teeth before but can't see my children liking it. Just wondering what other mom's have used and found to be successful, thanks!
- topicDentaltagged by System, 8/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Preemie Teeth? Last post on 3/15/14 at 9:29pm in Dental
- Lip tie, decay, remineralizing & WAPF diet.....help! Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:44pm in Dental
- Coconut oil? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:35pm in Dental
- Is there a way to remove dental sealants? Last post on 1/21/14 at 5:23pm in Dental
- CEREC versus white filling Last post on 1/16/14 at 5:10am in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
What do you brush your childrens teeth with??
I use Now Foods Kids Toothpaste with Xylitol. Its fluoride free, and the xylitol prevents plaque from forming. She has been cavity free this entire time. I dont know if it has glycerine, but I heard that brushing with plain water before using toothpaste helps get teeth cleaner. I do consider it successful based on the fact her teeth are very healthy.
Thanks everyone for your replies! My girls actually really like Tom's Silly strawberry fluoride free toothpaste, the problem is just the glycerin. It looks like all the others mentioned here have glycerin as well.
Mittsy~I really like the looks of that remineralizing toothpaste, may have to give it a try. Do your children like it? What do you flavor yours with?
- › Unplanned UBAC waterbirth, painless. *pics* 17 minutes ago
- › WISC IV scores v. Kauffman FCI 43 minutes ago
- › Has anyone had revision surgery on a perineal tear? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Coping with husband not wanting more children 1 hour, 36 minutes ago
- › Devastated over husband not wanting more children. 1 hour, 44 minutes ago
- › DH makes weird statements about food when I try to discuss our food... 2 hours, 24 minutes ago
- › Midwives in CT (again...) 2 hours, 32 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 2 hours, 56 minutes ago
- › What healthy meals have you eaten today? 2 hours, 58 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 3 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild