I read that glycerin actually binds to your teeth and causes them not to remineralize....most natural toothpastes, including homemade recipes, seem to contain glycerin. I've used plain baking soda on my own teeth before but can't see my children liking it. Just wondering what other mom's have used and found to be successful, thanks!
- topicDentaltagged by System, 8/25/12
Related Forum Threads
- Pregnancy and Dental Work? Last post on 4/1/14 at 11:32am in Dental
- Preemie Teeth? Last post on 3/26/14 at 1:41pm in Dental
- Lip tie, decay, remineralizing & WAPF diet.....help! Last post on 2/20/14 at 9:44pm in Dental
- Coconut oil? Last post on 1/31/14 at 9:35pm in Dental
- Is there a way to remove dental sealants? Last post on 1/21/14 at 5:23pm in Dental
The Thinking Parent's Dilemma; or, Another Dentist Refuses to...
Last edited: 3/13/13
- Difficulties at the DentistLast edited: 3/14/13
- Difficulties at the Dentist
What do you brush your childrens teeth with??
I use Now Foods Kids Toothpaste with Xylitol. Its fluoride free, and the xylitol prevents plaque from forming. She has been cavity free this entire time. I dont know if it has glycerine, but I heard that brushing with plain water before using toothpaste helps get teeth cleaner. I do consider it successful based on the fact her teeth are very healthy.
Thanks everyone for your replies! My girls actually really like Tom's Silly strawberry fluoride free toothpaste, the problem is just the glycerin. It looks like all the others mentioned here have glycerin as well.
Mittsy~I really like the looks of that remineralizing toothpaste, may have to give it a try. Do your children like it? What do you flavor yours with?
- › Grad Club: Where the group discussion continues after the ONE thread! 1 minute ago
- › Caffeine? 1 minute ago
- › Family-centered cesareans in Triangle 2 minutes ago
- › natural pediatrician in Jacksonville, Fl 4 minutes ago
- › The person below me..... 6 minutes ago
- › Finding the right amount of structure 7 minutes ago
- › age appropriate expectations for 4 and 7yo to clean up after... 8 minutes ago
- › Family dies of Diphtheria! 9 minutes ago
- › Word Association Conga Line 9 minutes ago
- › April 2014 -- What did you accomplish today? 11 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding my Tribe After the Death of my Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness
- › Interview with Blair Lee, author by SavvyHomeschool
- › Mayim Bialik Opens Up About Her Breastfeeding... by Melanie Mayo
- › Freedom Together: Mothering Mavens Try Out... by Melanie Mayo