We have a huge # of apples right now, and I'm trying to figure out what to do with all of them. Some of them we'll eat fresh, but I don't know how long they'll last. They're golden delicious apples. How do you preserve apples for the winter?
- topicTraditional Foods
Related Forum Threads
- Can we talk about GAPS Intro Stage 1 veggie quantities? Last post on 6/17/13 at 7:09pm in Traditional Foods
- Primal blueprint meal plan Last post on 6/17/13 at 12:30pm in Traditional Foods
- Help me feed my newly vegetarian 6 year old Last post on 6/16/13 at 6:07pm in Traditional Foods
- Price for grass fed beef - hanging weight vs finished weight? Last post on 6/16/13 at 3:58pm in Traditional Foods
- Is this mold on my Kombucha? Last post on 6/15/13 at 6:20am in Traditional Foods
How to store apples
Mostly the same ways mentioned already:
We do apple sauce (either cook quartered apples and mill them, peel and core apples and cook them, or peel, core, and dice apples and cook them) then can or freeze it.
Also, cook down much longer (oven works great) for apple butter.
Dried apples on the food drier or in a low oven.
Roasted apples -- slice apples (I like them thick), spread on baking sheets, sprinkle with cinnamon (and sugar if you like) and roast in a 350F oven until soft, then freeze them. They are great on hot cereal, in pies and other desserts, or just to eat!
Do you have a juicer or access to a juicer or cider press? Juice or cider can be canned or frozen as well.
- › What is okay to let a 3-year old watch/media? 2 minutes ago
- › Literature on Treating Diseases that have Vaccines 11 minutes ago
- › Pro-vax trolls are impersonating disease-injured families on... 12 minutes ago
- › Let's talk baby names! 42 minutes ago
- › The Saner TTC-Flower Moon 1 hour, 7 minutes ago
- › What are u doing for pain/swelling postpartum and afterpains? 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Hip pain with sleeping on side 1 hour, 28 minutes ago
- › resources for finding (UK) car seats 1 hour, 50 minutes ago
- › DH problem with anger or me -- overreacting? 1 hour, 56 minutes ago
- › Are there Christians on this DDC or any interested persons in... 2 hours, 14 minutes ago
- › Aveeno Cleansing baby shampoo by fayebond
- › Aveeno Soothing Oat Baby Wash by fayebond
- › Earth Mama Body Butter - 8oz by fayebond
- › Maclaren Beginning Travel Kit for Mother by fayebond
- › Bravado Designs Bodysilk Seamless Nursing Bra by lightbulb
- › Bug Band Insect Repellent Wristbands - Blue by fayebond
- › Natural Bug Blend Bug Repellent Spray by fayebond
- › Do Naturals Just Berry Shampoo and Conditioner by fayebond
- › Zoe organics Baby Bath Tea by fayebond
- › Calming Blend Shampoo & Bodywash 17oz by fayebond
- › Ouch! How Homeopathy Can Help With Those... by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathic Help for Post-Partum Mothers: a... by Melanie Mayo
- › Adding the Second Child by Sarah Clark
- › 5 Steps for Managing Stress and Anxiety by Melanie Mayo
- › What Marketers Don't Understand About... by Melanie Mayo
- › For the Dads by Rachel Wolf
- › What Happened When This Bereaved Mom Sought A... by momofnatasha
- › More About Soothing Small Tummies from... by Melanie Mayo
- › Get Ready To Read By Playing by Melanie Mayo
- › "Do You Trust Me?" by SantoshaMama