Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Book Challenge Thread Last post on 3/11/14 at 10:56pm in Books, Music, and Media
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
The Lifelong Power of Birth Imprints
Last edited: 9/9/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?Last edited: 8/5/13
- Staying Connected After Birth: A Peaceful BeginningLast edited: 6/26/13
- Four Great Homeopathic Remedies for Postpartum MothersLast edited: 9/18/13
Welcome to the May 2013 DDC! - Page 10post #181 of 25412/6/12 at 11:12ampost #182 of 25412/7/12 at 10:30am
- EDD (feel free to use beginning/middle/end of month, if you prefer)
- Your Name: (if you would like to share)
- State or Country:
Seattle, WA area
- How long it took to you to get your BFP:
- What number child is this for you:
1 & 2
- Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies):
Husband, Johnny, and a dog and cat
- Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses):
Two boys! We just found out on Tuesday :) The pictures are VERY obvious :P They are more than likely fraternal, which we've known for a while, and given my family history of fraternal twins, it would be very surprising if they were identical.
- Birth Plans/Preferences:
The plan is a vaginal delivery as long as both are head down and cooperating, and I haven't decided about an epidural yet. The birthing center is very pro-vaginal delivery for twins, and they are a Level 3 facility
- Blog, website or the like:
- Anything else you'd like to share:
We're excited and anxious about the babies. I'm very happy to have two - I had terrible morning sickness and in general feel very invaded and taken over. I definitely don't want to do this again!
At our recent anatomy appointment, Baby A was measuring a little over a week ahead, and Baby B was measuring right on time. I've been eating constantly so I take this as a good thing.
I am having terrible, terrible hip pain and a burning sensation (a nerve, I believe) when sleeping, but otherwise am feeling both giant and awesome.
I'm a fraternal twin myself (a brother) and fraternal twins run on my mom's side of the family, so we really weren't surprised at the very first appointment to see two on the portable ultrasound machine. We were more surprised that they were both boys! I was sure they were girls, and my husband thought boy and girl. :)
We have a major construction project at our house right now - an addition to expand our kitchen, which also affects our bedroom (walk-in closet, woohoo) so everything is everywhere right now, and I feel a lack of control.
post #183 of 25412/8/12 at 7:06pm
Hello! I've never ever joined one of these sites before but I've decided I would love to give it a try. According to the first day of my last period I am due on May 31st, but when I went for my ultrasound about two weeks ago I was a few days off. So if I go by that my due date is actually May 28th, but I'm pretty sure the doctors aren't changing it because it was within a week of the original. Anyway, this is my first baby and it was completely unexpected! We were both extremely shocked at first but we are now moving on to being excited and getting ready.
I am a high school math teacher so the timing of everything works out pretty perfectly. I'll have the entire summer to stay home with my little one and get to know him or her. Still no idea what I'm having, I hope to find out within the next month. My bf is a full time student right now (he started a little late because he completed four years in the military first.) We currently live together in a two bedroom apartment, we we'll be giving up the office in exchange for a nursery. (I'm still trying to figure out what we'll do with the desk.)
Right now I'm trying to deal with the fact that people want to touch my belly and I DO NOT want them to... I just don't like being touched in general. I don't even let the pedicure lady give me a foot massage! I just want to get my pedicure done without too much touching. So the belly touching is extra unwanted.
I'm looking forward to getting to know other expecting moms!post #184 of 25412/8/12 at 9:47pm
We are due May 31, 2013, I am 36 and live in Houston Texas. I thought I had already joined this group but I guess not... anyway this will be baby number 5 for us. I have a 14, 12, 8, and 3 1/2 year old right now. I stay at home with my kiddos as that is a full time job in and of itself! We were not trying to conceive but are thrilled to be blessed with another child. I really don't have any preferences as to what our child will be. We are just hoping and praying for a healthy baby. We have three girls and one boy currently.
I am planning my second vbac this time hopefully at a birth center with a midwife, I am just waiting on my insurance to see if they approve my appeal for gap coverage. If not it will be an ob again in a hospital but I am praying for a home or birth center birth.
It's nice to meet you all, I hope you have a beautiful happy pregnancy!
Karenpost #185 of 25412/9/12 at 6:23ampost #186 of 25412/9/12 at 5:02pmThread Starterpost #187 of 25412/11/12 at 8:52am
I have not really been active on this site yet but I am warming up to it. I am due, with my first, on May 3rd and will be participating in my first Burlesque show at the end of January. I signed up to be part of the Burlesque world because I had been thinking about it for a while and I knew that I would be challenged to embrace my ever-expanding body. I figured what better way to embrace the changes than being in a Burlesque show! I am an Instructor at a college by day and look forward to Burlesque'ing by night :)
I recently had my professional photos taken for our brochure so that helped me learn how to pose and show off what I am rocking. We only do Burlesque once a year (3 shows) and I am a "backstage" girl (last year, referred to as the panty zamboni!) so I will be on and off the stage throughout the night. Right now, I am brain storming my Burlesque persona and planning for my outfit - which is proving harder than I imagined given my uncertainty about what shape and size my body will be when the show rolls around. I live in small town, Northern Canada so finding Burlesque wear is pretty challenging. I am thinking of making my own.
Anyway, I was pretty excited to read your post and was hoping you could share your Burlesque wisdom with me.
Susanpost #188 of 25412/12/12 at 4:50pmpost #189 of 25412/13/12 at 7:35amThread Starterpost #190 of 25412/14/12 at 4:11ampost #191 of 25412/14/12 at 1:31pmThread Starterpost #192 of 25412/14/12 at 2:18pmpost #193 of 25412/14/12 at 4:44pmThread Starterpost #194 of 25412/18/12 at 3:30pm
I AM NEW :D ADD ME!!!
I am from MT 28 yo, and have 4 wonderful children. I have had 1 ob hossy birth, 1 mw hossy birth, 1 mw homebirth and 1 mw birthcenter birth! This baby will be born at home in the water like #3 if all goes according to plan! This pregnancy started out as twins, was told it was a vanishing twin. I feel like there are 2 still in there, but it could be my heart wishing...i go next week for my 18 week scan and we will know then. I am measuring big 4cm ahead at 15 weeks. My tummy blew up at 15 weeks, it was crazy. I am never this big until 20wks or after...
post #195 of 25412/18/12 at 4:16pmpost #196 of 25412/21/12 at 9:04pmpost #197 of 25412/22/12 at 6:42amThread Starterpost #198 of 25412/22/12 at 9:29am
- EDD May 23rd (my babies like to stay in about 5 days late tho)
- Your Name: melissa
- State or Country: MT
- How long it took to you to get your BFP: NOT LONG :) b4 i missed my period
- What number child is this for you: 5 (maybe 6)
- Family (partner, other children, and/or furbabies): Hubby of 5 1/2yrs, 9yo dd, 4 1/2yo ds, 2 1/2 yo dd, 1 1/2yo dd
- Baby's Gender (hopes or guesses): I think girl, would love a boy!
- Birth Plans/Preferences: Home unless twins then ob at hossy, its illegal to birth twins at home in MT
- Blog, website or the like: http://z-crew.blogspot.com/ (has a 1st trimester recap too!)
Hi everyone! My name is Megan, I'm 21, and live in Alaska with my DH and our two children(DD 4 y/o and DS 2 y/o) and we're expecting our 2nd baby girl and our rainbow baby, Calliope Meadow. My EDD is April 21st, but I went way overdue with DS, and kind of have a feeling I -may- end up with a May baby ;) I'm hoping for a waterbirth at home, but obviously as long as baby is happy and healthy, that's all that matters to me :)!
post #199 of 25412/26/12 at 6:52am
- Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 9 minutes ago
- › When can I expect much more regular and consistent/frequent... 13 minutes ago
- › Cloth Diapers. 17 minutes ago
- › March 2014 *already*! What did you accomplish today? 18 minutes ago
- › Third Trimester! 19 minutes ago
- › toddler hitting and wanting to talk about it a lot 20 minutes ago
- › Natural Sinus Relief? 22 minutes ago
- › mixed emotions... 22 minutes ago
- › Name Thread? 23 minutes ago
- › Tick/ lyme disease danger at school! 23 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild