Related Forum Threads
- How is labor/birth when you are older? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:20pm in I'm Pregnant
- Prenatals? Last post on 11/8/13 at 5:42pm in May 2014 Due Date Club
- HELP! How do I prevent gaining more weight during pregnancy? Last post on 10/5/13 at 10:32pm in I'm Pregnant
- Nuchal Translucency? Last post on 9/18/13 at 2:34pm in I'm Pregnant
The Lifelong Power of Birth Imprints
Last edited: 9/9/13
- Gurmukh's Postpartum WisdomLast edited: 8/9/13
- Chinese Gender Prediction for Baby: How accurate is it?Last edited: 8/5/13
- Staying Connected After Birth: A Peaceful BeginningLast edited: 6/26/13
- Four Great Homeopathic Remedies for Postpartum MothersLast edited: 9/18/13
Welcome to the May 2013 DDC! - Page 13post #241 of 2543/23/13 at 4:40pmThread Starterpost #242 of 2544/1/13 at 11:56am
EDD: Middle of May (although I went 19 days "overdue" with #1... so I expect this one to be late too!)
Your Name: Raeanne
State: West Virginia
What number child is this for you: This is my second little one!
Family: I have a wonderful supportive husband, Karl, a lovely, little, newly potty trained, 19 month old girl, Kaylen and two cats.
Baby's Gender: I'm kinda guessing it's a boy and am dying to know for sure!
Birth Plans/Preferences: My husband and I are planning an unassisted homebirth since the area in which we live has horrible hospitals and no midwives! My first birth was a lovely, uncomplicated, home water birth in Fargo, ND with an amazing midwife (whom I miss desperately!).
Anything else you'd like to share: I love to learn and connect with like minded people! Since moving to WV last July there has been a real void in my life because of lack of naturally minded people. And though I've only been lurking for the last few months this DDC and the Unassisted Childbirth forum have been a Godsend! :)post #243 of 2544/1/13 at 1:31pmpost #244 of 2544/2/13 at 7:56amThread Starterpost #245 of 2544/16/13 at 8:47pmpost #246 of 2544/17/13 at 11:43amThread Starterpost #247 of 2544/29/13 at 6:51pm
Hi, I am expecting my third child May 31. I was in April DDC cause I was late with my other children, but I have strong feeling I may be earlier...so here I am.
I am trying for a vba2c. I am birthing in a very supportive hospital with midwives. UNC to be exact.
I live in Raleigh NC
I am having a boy. I have a 10 yo girl and a 5yo boy.post #248 of 2545/1/13 at 2:14pm
Well I was due April 22nd so I've been in the April due date club but apparently I should have been in this one the whole time. My baby has something against April birthdays so here we are in May at a week and 2 days overdue. I think they got the date wrong maybe. Anyway:
My name is Kate I'm 24, my husband's name is Nathan he's 28
We live in NY (upstate)
This is our first child
It's a boy!
His name will be Jacob Daniel
We're having a home birth in a birth pool and have been working with two really great midwivespost #249 of 2545/2/13 at 9:54ampost #250 of 2545/2/13 at 11:38ampost #251 of 2546/26/13 at 8:28amEDD: May 12th ... But she decided to come on May 14th instead!
Your Name: Anna
What number child: First!
Family: Just DH and I .. But now baby Amelia too!
Baby's Gender: Girl!
Birth Plans/Preferences: Went in with an open mind. Definitely wanted to epidural! Almost a full day of labor, then about 30 minutes of pushing ... and at 11:23pm Amelia was born on May 14th weighing in at 8lbs 2oz!post #252 of 2549/3/13 at 8:10ampost #253 of 25412/12/13 at 8:07pmKind of late to the game here, since my daughter is almost 7 months old, but here goes!
due date was May 23, and she was born May 20 at home. We had planned a hospital birth, but she was in too much of a hurry to meet us!
I'm Jenn, 32, live in Toronto, and Lorelei is my first. Husband James and puppy Asta, like in the Thin Man movies.
I'm working on starting an eco-friendly and socially responsible kids' clothing business making clothes that inspire the next generation of leaders to think beyond pink and blue. It's called Jill and Jack and you can find us @JillandJackKids on Twitter to www.JillandJackKids.com. Facebook too.
Can't wait to meet everyone!post #254 of 25412/14/13 at 8:15amWelcome Jenn. Clothing business sounds neat.
Ironic. I planned a home birth but LO came too soon so we had hospital birth.
May DDC hasn't had much action. Feel free to join June or another. More on there. Some of the folks have a Facebook group. I prefer to support MDC so I've been using other forums like life with baby and breast feeding.
- Gurmukh's Postpartum Wisdom
- › how many of us oldies are still around? 2 minutes ago
- › What did you accomplish today? 3 minutes ago
- › 36 weeks pregnant with twins and really scared 6 minutes ago
- › Starting solids 6 minutes ago
- › Bed times 6 minutes ago
- › Handmade Holidays 2013 7 minutes ago
- › What do you do to tone down the commercialism of the holidays? 11 minutes ago
- › Normal or Not? 12 minutes ago
- › Husband terrified of home birth 12 minutes ago
- › Dessert Tofu? 16 minutes ago
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Polar Express by Melanie Mayo
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Five Free, Festive Ways to Have Fun at Christmas by Monica S
- › Cosleeping in a Coca-Cola Commercial by Brian Leaf
- › Terms and Conditions: BabyKicks and The... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should You Care About the Photo of Gisele... by Monica S
- › Christmas Through Their Eyes by AmandaK
- › 6 Mistakes People Make When a Friend's... by momofnatasha
- › Hyland's Holiday Challenge Mothering... by JenniO11
- › Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations... by Amy Serotkin
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh