Can anyone tell me if they still make newborn cloth diapers and covers with an umbilical cord cutout? I haven't seen them online nearly as much nowadays, and I want to start buying a couple cloth diapers to gain a stash for when I have a baby.
Mothering Top Picks
- categoryDiaperingtagged by System, 8/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- making cloth baby wipes Last post on 12/5/13 at 9:38pm in Diapering
- Diaper rash advice needed... Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:51am in Diapering
- What to do with your no-longer-needed cloth diapers? Last post on 12/2/13 at 7:29pm in Diapering
- Rough/Scratchy Prefolds Last post on 11/20/13 at 8:47am in Diapering
- Alva 4.0 & Gdiaper hack Last post on 11/28/13 at 9:53am in Diapering
The Real Scoop on 10 Natural Diaper Creams: Toxicity and Cloth...
Last edited: 10/6/13
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersLast edited: 4/10/13
- Crazy For Cloth: The Benefits Of Cloth DiapersLast edited: 10/18/12
- Grapefruit Seed Extract to Treat ThrushLast edited: 9/19/10
newborn cloth diapers and coverspost #1 of 38/28/12 at 12:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 38/28/12 at 12:53pm
Yes, Lil Joeyz from Rumparooz and the nb from Kissaluvs both have a snap down for the cord. Imagine diapers, sold through NickisDiapers has a newborn line. Fuzzi Bunz and Charlie Banana both have xs small which are nb sized. We liked CB better because they were easier to stuff and have lasted longer.
SnapEz os pockets and Grovia os aio both fit well from shortly after birth also.post #3 of 38/28/12 at 2:44pm
Are you looking for an all in one system? Or fitteds or prefolds witha separate cover?
as for all in one diapers the pp mentioned lil joeys and kissaluv newborn aio's, there is also grovia newborn aio's and swaddlebees newborn simplex diapers that have either a scoop or snap down for the umbilical cord. most other newborn diapers do not have the snap down or scoop.
if you are looking for fitted diapers kissaluv size 0 fitteds, muttiquin and swaddlebees all have newborn fitted diapers with the snap down. there are probably more choices in fitteds that have this as well.
prefolds obviously do not need a scoop or snap down- but there are a ton of cover options. most newborn covers have a scoop for the umbilical cord. go to www.greenmountaindiapers.com and look that their diaper cover section. they have a ton of pictures to help you get an idea of what you are looking for.
we ended up getting 28 fitted diapers. 12 of the fitteds we got do not have the umbilical cord snap down, if they do not work i'm planning on adding my own snap.. i have a snap gun so that wont be an issue for me.
hope that helped :)
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering Community
- › What do you do to tone down the commercialism of the holidays? 48 seconds ago
- › Piercing baby ears - okay or not? 1 minute ago
- › Downsizing the living room 1 minute ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 1 minute ago
- › Fabulous Forty Somethings TTC! 2 minutes ago
- › Did you tell your children about Santa? 2 minutes ago
- › Fish oil supplement for formula fed infants? 4 minutes ago
- › First movements 8 minutes ago
- › The Master Tonic 9 minutes ago
- › IVF Graduates thread!! 12 minutes ago
- › The Polar Express by MamaLucera
- › The Return of the Light: Twelve Tales from Around the World for the... by Terry Stafford
- › The Shortest Day: Celebrating the Winter Solstice by Terry Stafford
- › The Diaper-Free Baby: The Natural Toilet Training Alternative by Fembot
- › The Snow Queen by Astraia
- › The Night Before Christmas by 1love4ever
- › The Snowy Day by janonia
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by Melanie Mayo
- › Christmas in the Big Woods by Melanie Mayo
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › Can Attachment Parents Put Their Own... by KidsInTheHouse
- › Phases of a Nursling by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Holiday Books Giveaway Rules by Melanie Mayo
- › Developmental Milestones to Marvel At by Monica S
- › 15 Fun and Enchanting Holiday Tales for Children by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo