Can anyone tell me if they still make newborn cloth diapers and covers with an umbilical cord cutout? I haven't seen them online nearly as much nowadays, and I want to start buying a couple cloth diapers to gain a stash for when I have a baby.
Mothering Top Picks
- categoryDiaperingtagged by System, 8/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Wool covers, inserts and a two year old Last post on Today at 12:48 am in Diapering
- Hard water Last post on 3/8/14 at 9:06pm in Diapering
- best way to strip diapers Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:42pm in Diapering
- Diapers still sudsy after rinsing Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:17pm in Diapering
- Need help fixing my fuzzi bunz diapers Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:58pm in Diapering
The Real Scoop on 10 Natural Diaper Creams: Toxicity and Cloth...
Last edited: 10/6/13
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersLast edited: 4/10/13
- Crazy For Cloth: The Benefits Of Cloth DiapersLast edited: 10/18/12
- Grapefruit Seed Extract to Treat ThrushLast edited: 9/19/10
newborn cloth diapers and coverspost #1 of 38/28/12 at 12:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 38/28/12 at 12:53pm
Yes, Lil Joeyz from Rumparooz and the nb from Kissaluvs both have a snap down for the cord. Imagine diapers, sold through NickisDiapers has a newborn line. Fuzzi Bunz and Charlie Banana both have xs small which are nb sized. We liked CB better because they were easier to stuff and have lasted longer.
SnapEz os pockets and Grovia os aio both fit well from shortly after birth also.post #3 of 38/28/12 at 2:44pm
Are you looking for an all in one system? Or fitteds or prefolds witha separate cover?
as for all in one diapers the pp mentioned lil joeys and kissaluv newborn aio's, there is also grovia newborn aio's and swaddlebees newborn simplex diapers that have either a scoop or snap down for the umbilical cord. most other newborn diapers do not have the snap down or scoop.
if you are looking for fitted diapers kissaluv size 0 fitteds, muttiquin and swaddlebees all have newborn fitted diapers with the snap down. there are probably more choices in fitteds that have this as well.
prefolds obviously do not need a scoop or snap down- but there are a ton of cover options. most newborn covers have a scoop for the umbilical cord. go to www.greenmountaindiapers.com and look that their diaper cover section. they have a ton of pictures to help you get an idea of what you are looking for.
we ended up getting 28 fitted diapers. 12 of the fitteds we got do not have the umbilical cord snap down, if they do not work i'm planning on adding my own snap.. i have a snap gun so that wont be an issue for me.
hope that helped :)
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering Community
- › The Saner TTC and Graduates -- Wolf Moon 4 minutes ago
- › Suggestions for best carrier for twins 17 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 36 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 43 minutes ago
- › Wool covers, inserts and a two year old 45 minutes ago
- › vaccination debate and the information age…. 48 minutes ago
- › What would you buy if... 1 hour, 8 minutes ago
- › How do you feel about being financially dependent? 1 hour, 13 minutes ago
- › Easy-to-remove canning labels? 1 hour, 15 minutes ago
- › Study: "Pro-Vaccine" Messages Not Changing Minds 1 hour, 22 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Brian Leaf
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Marcy Axness
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea