Can anyone tell me if they still make newborn cloth diapers and covers with an umbilical cord cutout? I haven't seen them online nearly as much nowadays, and I want to start buying a couple cloth diapers to gain a stash for when I have a baby.
Mothering Top Picks
- categoryDiaperingtagged by System, 8/28/12
Related Forum Threads
- Help me decide -- ME OS vs EconoME Last post on 3/12/14 at 12:08pm in Diapering
- Wool covers, inserts and a two year old Last post on Today at 7:34 am in Diapering
- Hard water Last post on 3/8/14 at 9:06pm in Diapering
- best way to strip diapers Last post on 3/7/14 at 2:42pm in Diapering
- Diapers still sudsy after rinsing Last post on 3/6/14 at 3:17pm in Diapering
The Real Scoop on 10 Natural Diaper Creams: Toxicity and Cloth...
Last edited: 10/6/13
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersLast edited: 4/10/13
- Crazy For Cloth: The Benefits Of Cloth DiapersLast edited: 10/18/12
- Grapefruit Seed Extract to Treat ThrushLast edited: 9/19/10
newborn cloth diapers and coverspost #1 of 38/28/12 at 12:38pmThread Starterpost #2 of 38/28/12 at 12:53pm
Yes, Lil Joeyz from Rumparooz and the nb from Kissaluvs both have a snap down for the cord. Imagine diapers, sold through NickisDiapers has a newborn line. Fuzzi Bunz and Charlie Banana both have xs small which are nb sized. We liked CB better because they were easier to stuff and have lasted longer.
SnapEz os pockets and Grovia os aio both fit well from shortly after birth also.post #3 of 38/28/12 at 2:44pm
Are you looking for an all in one system? Or fitteds or prefolds witha separate cover?
as for all in one diapers the pp mentioned lil joeys and kissaluv newborn aio's, there is also grovia newborn aio's and swaddlebees newborn simplex diapers that have either a scoop or snap down for the umbilical cord. most other newborn diapers do not have the snap down or scoop.
if you are looking for fitted diapers kissaluv size 0 fitteds, muttiquin and swaddlebees all have newborn fitted diapers with the snap down. there are probably more choices in fitteds that have this as well.
prefolds obviously do not need a scoop or snap down- but there are a ton of cover options. most newborn covers have a scoop for the umbilical cord. go to www.greenmountaindiapers.com and look that their diaper cover section. they have a ton of pictures to help you get an idea of what you are looking for.
we ended up getting 28 fitted diapers. 12 of the fitteds we got do not have the umbilical cord snap down, if they do not work i'm planning on adding my own snap.. i have a snap gun so that wont be an issue for me.
hope that helped :)
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering Community
- › Bumps downstairs.. 26 minutes ago
- › Teach acceptable noise levels 39 minutes ago
- › Breast pads 40 minutes ago
- › Looking for sweets and cookies that are healthy and taste nice 41 minutes ago
- › How you know you have "Pregnancy Brain" 43 minutes ago
- › The Fertility Challenged One Thread - Spring 2014 44 minutes ago
- › Kids, 10+, what's important? Also: getting kids informed 1 hour, 19 minutes ago
- › The BEST baby product you own? 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › another star publicly refuses to vaccinate and they skewer her in... 1 hour, 35 minutes ago
- › February '09 Mamas ~ Childhood Chat :) 1 hour, 41 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild