Gotta move back to this forum after a confirmed chemical pregnancy this morning. :( Hubby and I have been activily TTC for 2 cycles, had 2 positive HPT this cycle then a chemical. Has anyone else dealt with a chemical? What exactly is it? Is it something I did? I got the positive HPT just shy of 4 weeks, should I have not waited till 5 weeks to go to the doctor? Will this happen again now that it's happened once? Does it have anything to do with my hubby's swimmies? I'm just really depressed and confused right now. And sure could use some prayers.
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- The "ONE" Thread for February 26 to March 3 Last post on 3/5/13 at 3:04am in Trying To Conceive
- How will I know if I'm ovulating or pregnant? Last post on 2/1/13 at 7:39am in Trying To Conceive
- NEED HELP !! :(TTC Last post on 9/12/12 at 5:54pm in Trying To Conceive
- New & Looking for advice. Last post on 9/12/12 at 4:25am in Trying To Conceive
- When to have sex to get pregnant? after periods or before period? Last post on 6/20/12 at 7:12pm in Trying To Conceive
TTC after chemical.
Meggie. I just had a chemical pregnancy my July cycle. It is just another term for a very early miscarriage before 5 weeks. You have implantation but for one reason or another it doesn't stick. It happens very frequently and there isn't anything you did that made it happen. It is usually caused by chromosomal stuff. There is also nothing we can do to prevent it. Most importantly don't get to discouraged. It has no bearing on carrying future pregnancies to term. It may take a couple of cycles to get back to normal or you may snap back immediately. I'm still waiting for AF to come this cycle so we can start again. Here's a link for you....
Thanks for the link Jenny, explained a lot. Loved the first line "A chemical pregnancy is like a cruel joke," lord is that true!!! Just enough time for everyone to get excitied and about ready to tell people then, poof...no baby. Just scared that was our 1 shot (hubby doesn't have strong swimmies) and we won't get another for some time. I'm still waiting on my period then i'll track my new ovulation cycle from there. That's what makes this even weirder, is that I still haven't gotten my period even though the bloodtests say I'm no longer pregnant. Going to schedule a regular OBGYN appointment just to get everything checked out and maybe even a second opinion. Ok, I'm rabbling now. Lol. Don't have many peoople to talk to about this. haha! But thanks again for the link!
Dropping in to say when we were TTC our first we got pregnant on the first try. Unfortunately it ended in a chemical pregnancy. Lo and behold I got pregnant the very next month and he is now a rambunctious three year old . It is quite common. Good luck and hope you get a sticky baby real soon.
Thank you for the good vibes aHikaru, and the same to you!!
Little update though. Started what I think will be my period. So as soon as it's over I'm stocking up on ovulation tests and trying again. Fingers crossed!! Thank all you ladies for your support.
I haven't read it, but will for sure go out and get it. I've been stocking up on books and articles lately. Just finished a LONGGG and painful (10 day) period, so now time for a little waiting, then trying again. :) Thanks for all the support and advice ladies.
- TTC after chemical.
- › Ipad for homeschooling 42 seconds ago
- › Boys vs. girls 47 seconds ago
- › vaginas 1 minute ago
- › Gallbladder 3 minutes ago
- › May the road rise up to meet you, Dingoes everywhere! 3 minutes ago
- › new to breastfeeding.. 4 minutes ago
- › Because it cracks me up and I can't post it on Facebook yet... 5 minutes ago
- › Potty Learning 6 minutes ago
- › public potty-training with toddler AND newborn 10 minutes ago
- › anyone ever get married while prego 15 minutes ago
- › Medela Pump and Save Storage Bags- 20-count by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT ISIS Manual Breast Pump, White by KaliShanti
- › Ameda Purely Yours Ultra Breast Pump by KaliShanti
- › Philips AVENT BPA Free Natural Polypropylene Bottles by KaliShanti
- › Gilligan & O'Malley® Womens Full Sling Long Nursing Tank by KaliShanti
- › Bravado Nursing Bra Tank by KaliShanti
- › Ameda 50 Count Noshow Premium Disposable Nursing Pads by KaliShanti
- › Earth Mama Angel Baby - Milkmaid Tea, 16 tea bags by KaliShanti
- › My Brest Friend Travel Nursing Pillow by KaliShanti
- › Leachco Snoogle Total Body Pillow by KaliShanti
- › My Heart Growing Fonder by VKHarberRYT
- › Happy Simple Baby Love by Melanie Mayo
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo