I'm about 10 weeks and due at the end of March. Right now I'm searching for a midwife. I think I found one who is about an hour away from where I live. There aren't any CNMs in my immediate area who are willing to do homebirths (they work out of one of the hospitals in my city). CPMs are not covered by my insurance so I decided to go with a CNM and I found a free standing birth center and plan to tour next week. I'm a little nervous because my last birth was unassisted and although the labor and birth was beautiful, I had a PPH right after the delivery and transferred to the hospital right after the birth. The hemorrhage was not severe; however I was wondering if that information would be enough for a midwife not to accept me?
In case you were all wondering, I had an unassisted birth with my last because I was seeing an OB who all of a sudden pulled a "Linda Blair" on me... (for lack of a better way to describe it! lol) I started doing research and questioning him and he didn't like it very much. He made me EXTREMELY uncomfortable... my daughter was also diagnosed with autism and I just was not very trusting of most of the medical community. I also had a horrible birth experience with her. I was about 6th months along in my pregnancy with my son and was unable to find a midwife who could accept me in my area. I'm only 4 blocks from the hospital so I knew if something went wrong I could be there in a hurry. Although I'm glad for the experience and for the fact that my ex OB didn't go anywhere near my baby, I don't feel comfortable with unassisted birth in part because of my medical transfer (which the hospital staff were amazed that I had given birth to a 9.5 pound baby at home. Also, they didn't give me a hard time at all... made me feel a little easier) and also because my mother gave me a hard time the day after I had him...made me feel like a horrible person. I also was just not prepared as I thought I was and feel much more comfortable with a midwife...anyway, has anyone ever had a similar experience? I'm a little worried I wont be accepted or will be considered high risk from the PPH with my DS or they wont accept me because I had an UC. Am I just being paranoid? LOL... I want to be completely honest with the midwife. Thanks in advance!