If my step-son's mother sends him one more greeting card...or book about how important mothers are to their sons...or money...instead of showing up for a visit, or even explaining why she can't come...I am just going to vomit.
The up-side is, it makes me feel more secure about keeping custody. How, exactly, do you:
- Dump your kid's health insurance;
- Offer to pay for music lessons and half his tuition, but never follow through;
- Get an exemption from paying child support so you can spend the money coming to visit him, then only come for one weekend in the last 18 months;
- Meanwhile, put $200/month on your 13-year-old's secret credit card, so you can be the "cool" parent who enables him to buy stuff online without his custodial parent knowing (so evidently it's not that Mom's "broke"...)
- Then imagine it's a "done deal" that you'll get custody if you take your ex back to court?
Surely, we would have to be beating him or selling him into indentured servitude, for a judge with any brains to let him move across the country to live with her, right?