Sorry you were disappointed again. You'll get there. Go do something nice for yourselves.
Related Forum Threads
- Queer Conceptions: December 2012 Last post on 2/6/13 at 9:51am in Queer Parenting
- Prenatals making me constipated? Last post on Yesterday at 10:24 pm in Trying To Conceive
- New here and TTC #1. AF is late and needing some advice and answers! Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:03pm in Trying To Conceive
- Trying to figure this charting thing out:) Last post on Yesterday at 11:56 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Am i pregnant ? Or is it something else ? Last post on 12/4/13 at 10:10am in Trying To Conceive
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Queer Conceptions--September 2012 - Page 10post #181 of 3179/15/12 at 8:52ampost #182 of 3179/15/12 at 10:09ampost #183 of 3179/15/12 at 10:52amThanks, pokey and mrs. I think it was a super hard blow because we weren't expecting to know one way or the other until at least tomorrow, but she woke me up, telling me she had gotten her period. Just seems early, and of course we were upset and maybe got a little too caught up in symptom spotting. And we are going back east for her grandfather's 85th birthday in early November, so this was the last month it could work for us to tell her family then. We really wanted to be able to. Ugh. Well, we will do something fun today... Joking about getting a kitten each time AF shows up, but we don't really need 18 kittens...post #184 of 3179/15/12 at 12:47pmpost #185 of 3179/15/12 at 2:41pmpost #186 of 3179/15/12 at 4:30pmQuote:Originally Posted by easttowest
Does anyone have any pregnancy safe treatments for a sore throat and runny nose? My wife has a terrible cold, but until we know she's not pregnant, she doesn't want to take NyQuil or the like. Well, she really wants to, but she's not going to. Salt water seems to help temporarily, but not enough to help her sleep.
Try a neti pot! And fresh lemon, honey, ginger tea for the throat :)post #187 of 3179/15/12 at 5:07pm
easttowest. . so sorry. I was really rooting for you and DW, made me so sad when I saw your update. I guess you just have to trust that the right baby is waiting for you out there though I know that doesn't help in the meantime. . only plus side is you did not get all the sadness from testing too. . I am going to try to learn from that. .still feels so close to home since we are so much in the same situation. I hope next month is your magic month. .post #188 of 3179/15/12 at 9:07pm
Emerging from the shadows.
A quick hello and welcome to anyone I haven't a the opportunity to "meet" yet.
First: Congratulations Tandy on your two dark lines. How exciting!!! What a wonderful and surreal feeling!!! lil bean stick, ya hear!!!!!
Lisedea: I have been following your process for over a year and I'm so excited for your BFP too. Like many folks here, you have walked through hell and high water to get here, and you two must be so proud - and maybe still a lil in shock. Thank you giving so much to this blog and specifically to my process as I continue on this journey. Your insight and wisdom has been so appreciated! YaY!!!!!
JustanotherJenny: glad to hear that your sx are less than last cycles.
Sandiego: I like MrsandMrs advice on how often to do acupuncture.
Pokey: It sounds like you have a good relationship with your RE. Good luck starting Femara today.
Easttowest: sorry to hear about AF. It is always startling and tragic. I wish you guys alot of TLC over the next few days.post #189 of 3179/15/12 at 9:21pmpost #190 of 3179/15/12 at 10:55pmTandy, congrats On your BFP!!!!
E2W: sorry about AF. How disappointing.
Pokey, good luck with your femera!!!
AFU: so I'm not really sure what to do with my name on the list anymore. We're now on a break indefinitely. DW is just trying to get through this term (lots of challenging math classes) and won't even talk about TTC anymore. My brain has me subconsciously eating fertility foods (I'm suddenly craving spinach and figs. And kale. And chard. And avocado.). I'm trying to just get on with my life, deciding if I want to try a different area of nursing (maybe LDR?), if I want to do my masters, etc. We're starting to make travel plans (FIL is going to be in Italy next summer and wants us to come join, DW has never been to Europe!), it's a slow movement forward and lacking any TTC plans. It's hard to let it go for the moment, but timing is not working out... Ugh!!! The idea of continuing on without a baby ATM is not happy. But I'm trying hard to enjoy the moment and this time... Maybe that's my lesson out of all of this? We'll start it up again when DW is either finished school or in another position to try again.
Anyways, good luck for all the TWW and ice cream to all the AFs/BFNs!!
I can't remember who asked about coping during the shitty parts of TTC, we got through by not making TTC the centre of our world. We kept doing other things, kept up our lives. TTC became something we did as apart of our lives, instead of focusing everything on it. We were at it for just under a year, and then had to stop. It kept me relatively sane and able to keep going when the BFNs kept coming. Being active, being outside, NOT focusing on babies (work excluded).post #191 of 3179/16/12 at 7:11am
easttowest, I am so sorry. Be good to yourselves. When I was TTC my daughter, I remember a lot of those milestones passing. ("If I get pregnant now, I can tell everyone at Christmas", etc.) When I first started, I had this whole three year plan worked out that had my life scheduled down to the month, and included things like "March: submit final dissertation chapter. April: Defend dissertation. May: Have baby." Not surprisingly, pretty much nothing on that plan happened when I scheduled it to, but in the end, I got a baby and a PhD, though both took a bit longer than anticipated. It's funny how now, looking back, none of the discrepancies in timing seem like such a big deal, but at the time, they felt painful and monumental. In any case, I hope that you have good news to share with your family soon, and that your TTC efforts don't result in a herd of kittens.
Pokey, I seriously have every part of my body crossed for you this cycle. Hoping that this is your month!
Darth, I'm so sorry that you guys are up in the air with TTC plans. I know that you've been at it for a long time, and it must be really frustrating and confusing to not know what the next steps are. Big hugs to you guys, with hope that peace and clarity are near.
Tandy, did I already say congratulations? I think so, but I'll say it again. Congrats! Such fabulous news.
Fingers crossed to everyone else who's waiting. Thinking of you all.
post #192 of 3179/16/12 at 5:22pm
I'm sending you a lot of hugs, EasttoWest. My opinion is to let yourself feel whatever it is you are feeling and try to not judge yourself for feeling that way. This process is so flippin' hard and you are very strong despite the difficulties. We're praying that next month is your month.
Darth- I am thinking of you too. I second what Knitting said about this probably being very frustrating for you since it is so up in the air. Do you think DW would be wiling to make a five year plan with you? Is there anything you can do in the meantime that will help you feel productive? That's been so key for me in all of this.
Fmorris- Embrace your bitchiness! lol :) It definitely means good things are to come.post #193 of 3179/17/12 at 5:26ampost #194 of 3179/17/12 at 6:01ampost #195 of 3179/17/12 at 6:59am
outdoorsy: What the !@#$ ! I'm so sorry. I was convinced this was it! I'm so sorry for your disappointment. <3
darthtunaqueen: I'm sorry things are so up in the air right now. I wish I could offer some good advice, but having never been in this situation, I can't even imagine. I suppose this is one of the good things about forging ahead on this journey without a partner. I get to call all of the shots and I only have to worry by my feelings, and my dreams, and my goals, etc. I hope the two of you can come up with a plan that works for everyone. Just know, there is no perfect time. <3post #196 of 3179/17/12 at 7:23ampost #197 of 3179/17/12 at 9:05ampost #198 of 3179/17/12 at 2:23pm
Outdoorsy: I'm so sorry for AF. :(
Jenny: yes, there are definitely perks to doing this solo. I was FULLY PREPARED to do this solo at some point (late 20's) if I hadn't met someone I wanted to be with and someone I wanted to parent with. If any of my friends should choose to be SMBC, we will whole heartedly support them.
Knitting: Thank you. We are starting to clarify where we're headed next.
Soto: Yes, I'm starting to make myself DO more interesting things so I don't become a boring person. This has been very clarifying to realize that we have sacrificed *so* much to make this happen. A question DW raised a couple weeks ago was "so, once our kids are in full time school, then what? What do YOU want to do?" and I realized I didn't have a clue. I hadn't actually thought about it in any great detail, since we were so focused on babybabybaby. We spend more time focusing on us, on making our marriage better, which has been fun! I think we lose our partners in the TTC mess that it sometimes becomes, and it's so gratifying to remember that this gorgeous woman I fell madly in love with, who put aside her own notions of what a relationship is supposed to be (she was straight until she met me), MARRIED ME to prove it, is someone I actually really really really enjoy spending copious amounts of time with. This is a good thing! If our lack of baby can make us love each other more, then I'll take it.post #199 of 3179/17/12 at 2:33pmpost #200 of 3179/17/12 at 2:45pm
Outdoorsy: I am really, really sorry to hear about your BFN -- I, too, was convinced this was your month. It is imminent though, and keep heart. (And until AF arrives, I will keep my faith, btw...)
Lise: I think I'm finally, cautiously, ready to move to graduates.
I hope you guys won't be mad if I thread-crash on occasion
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › The official 2013 Treasure Map thread 18 minutes ago
- › Academic single moms, please help me not panic. 26 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 49 minutes ago
- › Plus Size and Pregnant 52 minutes ago
- › The "Progressing / Positive / Impending / I'm in Labor" Thread 52 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on age differences? 1 hour, 9 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread ~*~ December 2013 1 hour, 33 minutes ago
- › How many have gotten a girl DTD the day before O? 1 hour, 38 minutes ago
- › Single Mamas By Choice 1 hour, 46 minutes ago
- › ~~~~2013 Low Income Support Thread~~~~ 1 hour, 49 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Monica S
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › A Difficult Conversation by Melanie Mayo
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo