Amt - probably the best place to start is a call to your RE to ask which banks they work with - many RE's have a short-list of banks they prefer. mine recommended Fairfax or CA Cryobank, fwiw. good luck to you!
Related Forum Threads
- Queer Conceptions: December 2012 Last post on 2/6/13 at 9:51am in Queer Parenting
- Trying to figure this charting thing out:) Last post on Today at 4:08 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Am i pregnant ? Or is it something else ? Last post on Today at 10:10 am in Trying To Conceive
- Is this possibly a triphasic chart? Last post on Today at 4:17 pm in Trying To Conceive
- appointment thursday Last post on 12/1/13 at 6:31pm in Trying To Conceive
Interview with a Midwife: Diet, Supplements, and Pregnancy
Last edited: 11/25/13
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?Last edited: 10/30/13
- Remembering Pregnancy LossLast edited: 10/14/13
- Kids in the House: the New Video Resource for FamiliesLast edited: 9/26/13
- Loving Your Postpartum BodyLast edited: 9/17/13
Queer Conceptions--September 2012 - Page 16post #302 of 3179/27/12 at 12:17pm
scorpioma - Welcome! Sorry I didn't see your posts before, it's like they showed up late or something. But that's awesome! So surprised (but happy) to find so many ftm partners on these boards.
afu - We're on CD 13, and I'm so terrified she'll ovulate on Monday! She's already getting fertile CM, but she does tend to get it for at least five days in a row. Due to shipping restrictions, we can't get packages on Sundays or Mondays. Hopefully Saturday and Tuesday will catch it one way or the other, but I REALLY wanted to try they day of ovulation this time, since we've always gotten ahead of it. If she ovulates early, we'll have to decide if we want to call off Tuesday or not, but I'm leaning towards not, since we actually have no true way to pinpoint the date, we're just guessing. We're trying to track all the signals this time, temperature, CM, OPK, ferning... I might even make her look at her cervix. Anyway, that's where we are, good luck to everyone else! I'll make a new thread probably Saturday or Sunday.post #303 of 3179/27/12 at 1:48pmQuote:
Just chiming in another partner of a transguy! BTW, easttowest, I've been meaning to say that I think it's awesome that you're using your brother as your KD. I would love to have kiddos who are genetically related to both of us. DP has lots of brothers, but they are all Mormon, and I cannot even imagine the conversation. We also talked about me carrying his egg, but it seemed way too expensive, and he wasn't keen on going off t, going on all the drugs, etc. So, we settled for gay sperm from a bank. Oh well... In any case, I hope this is your month!
Also want to send shout outs to my TTC friends, in particular Pokey and Krista. Everything crossed for both of you.post #304 of 3179/27/12 at 2:43pm
Pokey and others: Thanks for the advice, the other fertility signs are a good idea and I've been trying to keep track. CM is pretty much nonexistent, DW is in charge of the cervix checking and that seems to be helpful, I'm sure as we track a couple more months, we'll see some patterns. The OPK's are confusing because if I do it in the morning I can see that the line is getting darker, if I do it later in the day there is barely a second line, and I am waiting until I have to pee my pants. I think next month we'll try the cheap strips in conjunction with the digital when I think it's positive.
Jenny: We have decided to try with a KD first, but have had a couple friends offer and spent many a months discussing the pros/cons of using a sperm bank instead of a KD. We had a really hard time with not knowing what the person looked like, acted like, valued, etc, thus the KD was a better option for us but I think if we had used a bank we would have bought all the extras. I know it really doesn't matter and I think nature and nurture both play a huge role in who we are, but we couldn't get over that not knowing the other half of the genetic makeup very well. First we thought we wanted to used two different donors one that was more like DW when I carried and one more like me when she carried but then we decided to choose someone we really like, admire, and think has great genes.
Knitting Tigers: Mormon? What a small world, I live in the mormon capital (oh so fun), we briefly talked about asking one of DW's brothers at some point, but they are all Mormon, and even if he was willing it would cause sooo much family drama. How is your DP's family with you and yours?post #305 of 3179/27/12 at 4:17pmpost #306 of 3179/27/12 at 5:52pm
easttowest, that sounds a lot like our experience. we are wondering if we did it too early but we have always heard better late than never... And cheers for partners of trans/genderqueer people! Cheers for building queer families!
A couple of questions.
1. I am 5DPO and bloated, tired. REALLY bloated. Is this normal this early if I have conceived?
2. Do people get fertile mucus after conception?
I am grateful for this group!post #307 of 3179/27/12 at 6:16pm
MRS., The Femara went well! Yesterday was the last day. I can say I had some pretty vivid dreams where I could fly and had superpowers lol! Thanks Femara. Just ready to get into the RE's on tuesday!
AMT, hope this helps ..
"Which Sperm Bank" by The Donor Sibling Registry - https://www.donorsiblingregistry.com/dsr-support-and-info/which-sperm-bank/
California Cryobank - http://www.cryobank.com
Northwest - https://www.nwcryobank.com/
Midwest - http://www.midwestspermbank.com/msb.htm
Fairfax - http://www.fairfaxcryobank.com
Sperm Bank of California - http://www.thespermbankofca.org/
NY Cryos - http://ny.cryosinternational.com/home.aspx
Pacific Reproductive Services - www.pacrepro.com/
Manhattan Cryobank - http://manhattancryobank.com/
Rainbow Flag Health Services (Known Donor and Directed Donor Resources and Supplies) - http://www.gayspermbank.com/
Known Donor Registry - http://www.knowndonorregistry.com/
Donor Home Delivery (shipping KD sperm) - http://www.donorhomedelivery.compost #308 of 3179/28/12 at 5:45am
Oh my god - that "Which Sperm Bank" page is LOADED with horrible info about my bank. We don't want to switch donors! This is so scary.
edited to add: I just spoke to a manager at my bank and I feel better that a previously identified problem with them has been fixed. I don't want to go into detail, but.... anyway, I feel better.
Edited by outdoorsy - 9/28/12 at 6:56ampost #309 of 3179/28/12 at 10:23ampost #310 of 3179/28/12 at 1:33pmThread Starterpost #311 of 3179/28/12 at 3:10pm
Outdoorsy, I didn't want to scare you!! Just help out AMT! Glad that you spoke with the manager and your mind is at ease!
AMT, you're welcome! I know when we first started this journey almost 2 years ago finding SB's was soo hard. I was just googling and hoping for luck! That list covers most of the ones, nd the ones it doesn't looks like the other ladies have that info for ya! Good luck with the searching! And I see your right next to meeh, i'm in Arkansas! and we have a named Bella :)
AFM, Today I placed the order for the swimmers. They'll ship Monday and be here tuesday. I go for mye follicle scan tues and trigger as well. IUI 3rd or 4th! Can't wait!!
Edited by fmorris28 - 9/28/12 at 8:39pmpost #312 of 3179/29/12 at 7:59am
Lise-First CONGRATS times three!!! Thank you for the info I will check them out! It wasn't me whom you told about the bank. I may have read a post of yours about it and just forgot but I haven't ever asked about banks since we really wanted to use a KD but sadly so far it hasn't worked. We have 6ish more months of trying with our KD(which we have changed 3 times). My RE is putting me on Clomid...just can't wait for those clomoments to hit! lol
Fmorris-I love the name Bella! How cool! It's so nice to *meet* you and know that you are so close! I am so glad to have this wonderful site for help so I don't have to just google blindly! FX that this is your month! GL on the 3rd or 4th!post #313 of 3179/29/12 at 8:49amIn the weirdest twist of fate, for those of you following our shipping saga, DW got a positive OPK today. It's CD15, which is bizarrely early. She usually ovulates CD 17 or 18. Thank goodness we asked KD to send an insurance kit today. Tuesday would miss it completely. I am a little bummed, since this is the timing we had last time, insem on the day of the positive, but it's better than worrying about getting a ruined package on Tuesday.
Now we just have to wait for FedEx to show up. They are supposed to be here by noon.post #314 of 3179/29/12 at 10:05am
easttowest. . wow, I guess that's why cocktails were invented! well good luck with your insemination today. IDK if this makes it better or worse but I know they say you can do insem any time the day they are shipped so I wonder if it would be better to try to do it late tonight and just keep it in the fridge until then? I have always thought it's probably better to do it ASAP bc I just think how much can those poor little guys handle. . but I know on the directions it says if you can't do it right away you can do it that same day so i wonder if you waited several hours if it would be closer to O time. . I guess it's a crapshoot either way but at least now the stress of the shipping container is gone! FX for you all and remember last time may have had nothing to do with timing and just everything to do with all the rest of the stuff that goes on with reproduction chances!!
AFU - even though I am only 8 DPO I gave in and tested this morning and got a BFN. . I know it's so early and it was just setting myself up for a let down so I am going to try to hold off!post #315 of 3179/29/12 at 10:12ampost #316 of 3179/29/12 at 6:06pm
AMT, when DP first got her for meeh i couldnt figure out what to name her, but then I looked at her (mye liddle Pug) nd she just looked like a Bella, cuz shes beautiful just like her mommy :) lol. Nd yes, it is nice to *meet* you! Nice to know our states touch lol. That googling blindly can be frustrating nd we don't need the stress so we'll keep it easy! Nd thanx for the FX, i'm crossing everything crossable on meeh and DP! lol i'd love to hang out here, but would love love love to move over to Q & P!
Easttowest, just reading all that made meeh exhausted! Hope that everything worked out for you two! I know how it is waiting on the fedex man...you can't go to the website and track the package enough! What i hate is when they leave the local fedex at 7am, (the facility is maybe 10mins from mye house) they don't get to meeh until after 5!!!!! ugh!!!!!! High Hopes for you and a BFP! You're TTW will strart b4 mine, but i'll be right there with you after thursday!! EEP! GOOD LUCK!
Cordelia, you're right, 8DPO is still early, theres plenty of time!! I was reading another board nd one of the ladies got her BFP 22DPO!! Hope is still alive!!
- Breech Birth: Why Can't Women Have it Their Way?
- › present wrapping - bags, paper, or tissue paper as wrapping paper,... 3 minutes ago
- › Do I need a stroller? 7 minutes ago
- › Ultrasounds 9 minutes ago
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 12 (enrolling through... 14 minutes ago
- › Recommend a first-time birth plan? 15 minutes ago
- › I have two-year-old daughter 18 minutes ago
- › Anyone NOT night weaned their older nursling? 18 minutes ago
- › I hate how I'm treating my toddler since DS2 was born 20 minutes ago
- › December chat thread! 23 minutes ago
- › current sns users 23 minutes ago
- › Diva Cup Diva Cup #2 Post Childbirth, Cup by Taqah
- › GroVia Cloth All In One - Pudge by Taqah
- › North American Bear Company Rosy Cheeks Baby Tan by Taqah
- › Maya Wrap Lightly Padded Baby Sling by Taqah
- › Bamboletta Doll by sleeping mama
- › Melissa & Doug Cutting Food Box by ahilal
- › Prince Lionheart Whirl Balance Scooter, Natural/Pink by Melanie Mayo
- › Elves and Angels Sylvie's Wood Kitchen by Melanie Mayo
- › Natural Earth Paints Face Paint by Melanie Mayo
- › Glob Greeting Card Collage Kit with Seedpaper by Melanie Mayo
- › To Santa or Not To Santa by JillVettel
- › Three Low Cost Holiday Gifts to Make with Kids by Stephafriendly
- › Mothering with Mental Illness: The Natural... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Vaccinations and George W Bush by Brian Leaf
- › Does Motherhood Matter Anymore? by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions: Holiday Cards Giveaway... by Cynthia Mosher
- › Mothering's Natural Toy Guide 2013 by Monica S
- › Top 20 Toy Picks for 2013 | Mothering Natural... by Melanie Mayo
- › 21 Toys Under $21 | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo
- › Toys to Splurge On | Mothering Natural Toy... by Melanie Mayo