or Connect
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › September Chit Chat

September Chit Chat - Page 4

post #61 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

Nicole, the climbing is crazy.  We were also surprised when Shay climbed a whole flight of stairs after having climbed nothing before. Now he can climb up on chairs and everything.

 

 

 

Shay seems to be trying to walk.  He takes 6 steps at a time (the kids cheer him on massively and encourage it. Constantly calling to him with their hands a couple of feet from him, they stand him up every time he squats, lol). His cruising now looks more like controlled falling, he is pretty quick. He learned that there are jars of dry goods at head level in the pantry, so it's off limits now.

OMG! That would make me soooo nervous! Maybe I'm more of a helicopter parent, but I would have grabbed him out of fear of him tumbling down. LOL

post #62 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky Wheeler View Post

OMG! That would make me soooo nervous! Maybe I'm more of a helicopter parent, but I would have grabbed him out of fear of him tumbling down. LOL

 

 

Babies are so durable at this stage...  winky.gif 

 

B cannot climb but she thinks she can.  She has fallen off the couch, down 2 stairs, and off a push bike she climbed onto.  She has NOT fallen off the bed yet, though.  So...kuddos to me! 

post #63 of 226

I just got a new job offer from the company I've been working for part time! OMG I'm so excited! joy.gif DH needs to wake up so I can tell him! I got a call from my supervisor today saying upper management has been thrilled with my work and how I've been going above and beyond. A woman who does a similar but still different kind of work from home is going on maternity leave very soon, and I was asked to take over for her! The work will be doubling at the end of the year, so then when she returns I'll still stay on in the position. I'm also going to be the head trainer for my department. Wow, I've only been there for 3 months. I can't believe I'm getting a promotion. And more, I can't believe I'm going to get to work from home! YAY!

 

In other news, Sora is doing well at the in-home daycare and really trusts the mom who takes care of her, so I'm thrilled about that. I can't say enough good things about the woman... She is so like-minded with food choices and childrearing. The only thing Sora is having some trouble with is naptime, which I expected. But I'm so happy that her caregiver holds her as much as needed to calm her down and relax her when she gets worked up. I showed her how to use the Boba, and she is in love with it. Haha! Pretty sure she's going to go out and buy her own in the future... I'd for sure be using one if I had all of those kids to take care of!

post #64 of 226

We are moving into a whole new world.

post #65 of 226

Wow, congrats Joanie!!  That's amazing and impressive! 

 

My goodness, Sara, Shay is on his way.  Avery is just barely crawling and Shay is walking!!  Look out world!

post #66 of 226

Thanks! love.gif

 

Wow, congrats to Shay, look at that walking! SO cute! stillheart.gif

post #67 of 226

Just had family fun movie night with the kiddos.  We watched The Lorax.  It was so cute!  I love that story!  Save the truffula trees!

post #68 of 226
Jaimee, have you seen the original Lorax movie? The cartoon version? It's on YouTube. It has some really catchy songs. And follows the book a little more closely.
post #69 of 226

Yes, though I didn't know it was on youtube!  We'll have to watch that!  Thanks!

post #70 of 226

Is anyone in the Fresno, CA area? We're planning a spring break trip there for March.

We'll be out for 9 days and also thinking about popping through Oregon, too. smile.gif

post #71 of 226

We got some good news this week.  It looks like we've finally sold our house!  While we didn't get the price we wanted, we're glad to be done with it and move on.  Hopefully everything we check out okay and the deal goes through.

 

So, I got to meet Joanie, Sora and her DH this weekend.  It was super cool to get to meet up with one of the moms that I've known for so long online.  Sora must have had a magical transformation lately because she let me hold her.  :)  I can't wait to meet a few more of you as we go along.  I really think that we should plan a reunion for all of us sometime!

post #72 of 226

Agreed, Abra! We totally need a Nov '11 DDC Reunion! Preferably in a particularly exciting location. Eh? Eh? bouncy.gif

Congrats on the home sale!

Your family and in-laws and their neighbors are all so wonderful! Yes, Sora is totally chilled out now! It's like night and day. She isn't anything like the high needs infant she was for her first 8 months. Whew! We just tell people that our baby started her separation anxiety early at day 1 and got over it for the most part at the age when other babies tend to start it. Ha!

 

Speaking of anxiety, though... Anyone else's babies shake when they wake up from naps (when not in your arms), get startled easily, or exhibit any other anxious behaviors? Her sitter mentioned it to me and I told her that's just how Sora has been for a long time, although the shaking when woken out of sleep is more of a recent thing and makes me particularly sad. greensad.gif I had weird sleep walking/night terror issues when I was little, and I remember how scary it was for me being in between awake and asleep and not in control of my body. I don't think that's happening to her at this age but the terrified look on her face makes me feel like she's that-kind-of scared. *sigh* Poor baby. And I guess she is easily startled by the other kids at daycare making sounds with toys and whatnot. She wakes up out of sleep from the faintest sounds, too. It makes naptime hard! I was always a light sleeper too, though.

post #73 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by birdhappy85 View Post

Agreed, Abra! We totally need a Nov '11 DDC Reunion! Preferably in a particularly exciting location. Eh? Eh? bouncy.gif

Congrats on the home sale!

Your family and in-laws and their neighbors are all so wonderful! Yes, Sora is totally chilled out now! It's like night and day. She isn't anything like the high needs infant she was for her first 8 months. Whew! We just tell people that our baby started her separation anxiety early at day 1 and got over it for the most part at the age when other babies tend to start it. Ha!

 

Speaking of anxiety, though... Anyone else's babies shake when they wake up from naps (when not in your arms), get startled easily, or exhibit any other anxious behaviors? Her sitter mentioned it to me and I told her that's just how Sora has been for a long time, although the shaking when woken out of sleep is more of a recent thing and makes me particularly sad. greensad.gif I had weird sleep walking/night terror issues when I was little, and I remember how scary it was for me being in between awake and asleep and not in control of my body. I don't think that's happening to her at this age but the terrified look on her face makes me feel like she's that-kind-of scared. *sigh* Poor baby. And I guess she is easily startled by the other kids at daycare making sounds with toys and whatnot. She wakes up out of sleep from the faintest sounds, too. It makes naptime hard! I was always a light sleeper too, though.

You usually shake when you wake up startled, right? I know I do. LOL I help Levi when it happens to him by holding him tight.

 

And I agree, it would be nice to just have a  Nov DDC reunion!

post #74 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky Wheeler View Post

You usually shake when you wake up startled, right? I know I do. LOL I help Levi when it happens to him by holding him tight.

 

 

Oh, well I guess I meant she seems to be shaking after every nap lately, startled or not. greensad.gif She probably just doesn't like the "waking up" feeling. On the plus side, she's been cuddling sooo much more. smile.gif

post #75 of 226

I'd just tell your sitter to hold her tight when she's shaking upon waking up and do the same when you have her. hug2.gif

post #76 of 226
What kind of shaking? Shay gives a shiver if he wakes to pee.
post #77 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by seraf View Post

What kind of shaking? Shay gives a shiver if he wakes to pee.

Yes, Avery too.  Avery will also shake in anticipation of being picked up.

post #78 of 226
B doesn't shake when she wakes up. Mostly because to wake up she would first have to sleep. And she prefers not to...so...
post #79 of 226

How about a reunion in the beautiful state of Vermont?  lol. That is probably the only way I could attend. 

post #80 of 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by jill the pill View Post

How about a reunion in the beautiful state of Vermont?  lol. That is probably the only way I could attend. 

Holy eff! lol No way I could go. haha

  Return Home
  Back to Forum: November 2011 Due Date Club
Mothering › Groups › November 2011 Due Date Club › Discussions › September Chit Chat