- 4 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Location: SF Bay Area
- Select All Posts By This User
Mothering Top Picks
- topicTrying To Conceive
Related Forum Threads
- Intro & My Cycle Update Last post on Yesterday at 2:02 pm in Trying To Conceive
- Want to take pregnancy test! Last post on Today at 8:16 am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on 5/16/13 at 11:31am in Trying To Conceive
- three days late, negative tests Last post on Yesterday at 10:00 am in Fertility
- And I'm back...preparing to TTC Last post on Yesterday at 10:12 am in Trying To Conceive
1 vs. 2 IUI's per cycle; and midwives in SF bay area for IUI's
Welcome to MDC! I am sending good wishes to you for your TTC journey. You might also want to post in the California Tribal Area for inquiries on care providers in your specific area.
Hello and welcome! Have you checked out the classes at Maia Midwifery? The founders wrote the book everyone talks about, The Guide to Lesbian Conception and Birth. I know the midwife there is going to be teaching her classes and doing consultations this month in Oakland. I found them very helpful to learn about timing and fertility in general. They recommend doing 2 inseminations each month. We do 2 each month, but I know others who only do one so it's tough to say. If you can pinpoint your ovulation precisely you might be able to do 1. I will PM you about the midwives. Good luck!
PokeyAC: thanks for the info about maia midwifery. We're considering doing one of their timing workshops, and it's interesting to know they recommend 2 IUI's per cycle.
My pleasure! There are lots of great forums here and I hope you find several that meet your interests. i look forward to seeing you around the forums.
And for your TTC journey and for finding a midwife/midwife group that's a great fit for you and your partner.
I am going to begin ttc in November with AI. My understanding, from tons of online reading, is that frozen sperm only live about 12 hours. Just what I have read, I don't have sites. If so, then you have to predict your O almost exactly. It is possible to get pg with only one but if I were you and had the resources, I would choose to do 2 IUI to up the chances of conception.
- 1 vs. 2 IUI's per cycle; and midwives in SF bay area for IUI's
- › Names? 1 minute ago
- › Thoughts,Feelings,nervousness? 4 minutes ago
- › Is it common to fear homebirth for my first since i haven't... 5 minutes ago
- › Weekly thread May 13-19th 6 minutes ago
- › What on earth do I wear?? 8 minutes ago
- › Pagan Families - *May* we celebrate together 8 minutes ago
- › First Trimester Blues? 10 minutes ago
- › Thoughts, Feelings, nervousness? 11 minutes ago
- › The dating thread! 13 minutes ago
- › How many VBAC's have you had? 16 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11