I'm a little freaked out.
First, I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my jeans were getting tight. Had gained a little weight, so whatever.
Then, I remembered that I skipped a period. Well, I have PCOS, so it's not that unusual, and I'd had 2 "normal" periods since.
A few weeks ago, I thought I felt fetal movement. WTF? We use BC all the time. Granted, it's a spermicide, but still.
I'm seriously overweight, so baby bump isn't noticeable, but I kind of moved my tummy fat around (gross, I know), and my uterus was DEFINITELY distended.
Did a pregnancy test, nothing.
No morning sickness (was really bad from very early with previous pregnancies)
Waited another week, noticed LOTS of fetal movement in that time, uterus is even bigger, still neg on pregnancy test.
I'm freaked out because:
1) no insurance
2) had a CS 5.5 years ago with my daughter.
3) drank more alcohol than "usual" for me during the first 3 months of pregnancy
4) have had 2 miscarriages, and didn't want to risk another pregnancy
5) we're flat broke
6) my parents will totally freak as "it's irresponsible" (although my in-laws are Catholic, so they're ok with it)
7) I had borderline preeclampsia with my daughter.
gah! what to do? I'm going to try to get to a BirthRight this week and see what they say. I also need to measure the fundal height to see if I can get a better idea of how far along I am... My period before the skipped one was somewhere around the end of March, beginning of April, I think... I don't really keep close track since it's 1) irregular and 2) we use BC.
EDIT: I sound like I'm whining, I really just want some reassurance or to hear from someone else who's had a similar experience, or maybe someone has some advice of some sort?
Edited by MagpieWench - 9/5/12 at 10:25am