Still no sign of AF. Figures, when I want her she doesn't show. When I don't want her, she's right on time.
Recent Images In This Thread
- topicInfertilitytagged by System, 9/5/12
Related Forum Threads
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/11/14 at 8:25am in Infertility
- HSG Postponed. Fourth Cycle of Attempted Scheduling. Seeking Opinions on Dr's Choices Last post on 3/12/14 at 7:34am in Infertility
- Should I cancel this IVF cycle? Last post on 3/7/14 at 6:27am in Infertility
- Gestational Surrogacy Last post on 3/8/14 at 12:13pm in Infertility
- Progesterone levels in pregnancy Last post on 3/3/14 at 8:30am in Infertility
Lead in Christmas Lights, Toxic Decorations and Toys - Why Natural...
Last edited: 12/21/13
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...Last edited: 2/7/14
- The Scars Mommy HidesLast edited: 11/18/13
- One Mom's Perspective on Why the New Health Care Reform is VitalLast edited: 12/6/13
- The Things You Should Never, EVER Say to Someone Experiencing...Last edited: 9/6/13
Fall IVF: beautiful fall leaves bringing beautiful summer babies!! - Page 13post #241 of 76210/9/12 at 3:58pmpost #242 of 76210/9/12 at 6:03pmThread Starter
Nieve - Welcome. Do you want to be added to the front page? If so, let me know what you would like your blurb to say. I hear ya on the box of meds. It is overwhelming.
Deborah - sorry AF is not cooperating. She never does.
AFM - Finally moving forward!! I got a call today about scheduling my calendar review meeting, so we are doing it on Thursday at 1 (11 their time). YAY! After that I am going to call the pharmacy and schedule my meds to be ordered (they already called them in a month or so ago), and start travel arrangements. Today my boss scheduled a meeting for Dec 9th (I will already be in Vegas). And I tole her that I had to go to a wedding. So I guess the lies are beginning too.post #243 of 76210/10/12 at 6:07ampost #244 of 76210/10/12 at 6:19am
Aura : So sorry about your cat.
RCR : So sorry about the everything.
deborah and sourire: There 's nothing like impatiently for an AF that takes forever to show up.
AFM, got a call yesterday from the fertility clinic and we're going to start clomid on the next cycle. They want me to call in my day 1 so I can have a battery of tests done and to be closely monitored. So even though I haven't 'O'ed (and I use that term loosely), I want my AF to show so we can get started on that.
post #245 of 76210/10/12 at 6:37pm
Hi everyone! I have commented a few times because I've been lurking since moving over to the infertility side 14 months ago. We had our first IVF consult today so I am taking the plunge to introduce myself.
We have been off contraceptives since Nov 2009 and didn't prevent at all but started actively TTC in September 2010. After almost a year of acupuncture and herbs we moved to an RE and did 3 rounds of clomid (2 IUI), 2 letrazole (1 IUI) and 1 Gonal-F (IUI) all failed cycles. Switched to NaPro Technology and had a LAP in March, diagnosed with Stage 2 Endometriosis with an endometrioma on the left ovary- everything was removed. My cycles have gotten better but the pulling/tugging pain started back about 2 months ago along with pain during intercourse so we are finally (hesitantly) moving on to IVF with a new RE. I say hesitantly because we are Catholic and tried to do everything in our power to conceive on our own but realize that realistically with what we are up against that our best chance at becoming parents is through IVF. That said, we are trying to customize our protocol to stay as ethical as possible. I know other Catholics would scoff at the idea of bending the rules of the church but until you are in this position I'm not sure you can understand, that said, the decision to adopt or remain childless very noble, however, it isn't something I can live with settling for at this point.
Anyway it seems like our protocol is going to be Long Lupron starting with BCPs. I will get my calendar next Wednesday. My new RE is being amazing with bending some rules to get us started ASAP. My CD3 b/w with AMH testing and U/S will be re-done on 10/28 when we return from vacation and then I start BCPs. I'm sure I will have lots of questions when I have more info on specific drugs but for now, anyone been on this protocol? What did you think of it? The RE said he wouldn't recommend Estrogen Priming because it may flare my Endo and it is important to keep inflammation down which is why he added the BCPs. I am trying to be flexible with what I had in my head going in but I could use some reassurance that it is a good protocol for me.post #246 of 76210/10/12 at 6:52pmThread Starter
Wow, has there been a rush of people over from the one thread or what? I hope this is the ticket for all of you.
Welcome over here Toothfairy. Should I add you to the front page? What do you want your blurb to say? I don't know enough about your protocol to know if I have been on it or not. But I have been on lupron a lot - With my new clinic I take it for a few weeks before starting the cycle (and after BCP), and then I continue to take it throughout. I am not Catholic, but I totally understand on not really understanding until you are in that position. That happens a lot. I am glad that you are making it work and feel comfortable.
Sourire/deborah/devilish - we are in the same boat... waiting for AF. Although I am not in a huge hurry. It just means longer on BCP if AF shows up.
AFM - well I picked up my BCP. And my calander appointment is tomorrow at 1:00, so I guess I will get my calander sometime tomorrow. I am planning to get our flights, reserve a hotel and order my meds right away.post #247 of 76210/10/12 at 9:29pmpost #248 of 76210/11/12 at 5:19am
So how long after a day 6 embryo transfer would you do a home test if you were the testing type? I think last time I did it 6 days after and got a positive test (didn't end well, but the test worked that quickly). I know I'm going to test again and am just trying to figure out how long I should really wait before doing it.post #249 of 76210/11/12 at 5:51ampost #250 of 76210/11/12 at 6:36amThread Starter
Oh, wow. 6 months, souire. That is depressing. Sorry to hear that. I try to pop in once in a while to see if there has been a BFP, but I didn't realize it had been that long.
Daisy, I guess I would start testing around 6 days, if I had a lot of tests. Last time I only had three and I hate buying tests (like, really really hate it), so I waited a little longer. This time I really should buy some online so I can test all I want.
post #251 of 76210/11/12 at 6:47ampost #252 of 76210/11/12 at 8:08amThread Starterpost #253 of 76210/11/12 at 8:19am
I don't normally post here except for congrats and things but I noticed that RCR and Daisey posted about pregnancy tests .... earlypregnancytests.com has them in bulk for very cheap. I used to buy 25-50 at a time so I could test obsessively for days each cycle <insert bag over head smiley> and it would be like $12 for 25 and $18 for 50 or something like that. They come in a yellow envelope so no one knows what it is as well. Just thought I'd share that with you all. ((HUGS)) and I hope to read some great news very soon!!
post #254 of 76210/11/12 at 11:44amThread Starter
Thanks Tenk. I have used those before too. I forgot about that.
AFM - I had my calendar meeting. I got my calendar. I start BCP on day 2 or 3. an d meds start on Nov 9th. That seems really soon, but it is mostly just gannirelix and lupron intil the 26th, when I start stims.
I am worried about AF. If it does not show by next Friday, I have to cancel the cycle. Come on AF!!! I am feeling it now, so I hope it comes soon.
I also have to schedule a baseline and u/s for nov 19th locally. I tried a clinic I checked out once to see if they would and they said no. I really want to avoid going to my old RE. I guess I should just suck it up and do it. Hmm, I wonder if I could just schedule it and don't ask if I can do it - they already said that they would do outside monitoring (since they did it for me last time), so technically they are just doing what they already said they would do. I don't mind talking to the nurses, but I don't want the old RE to ask me about it, and if I just go ahead and schedule it, I can do it without ever seeing her at the local office.post #255 of 76210/11/12 at 3:17pmSilver --
nieves -- Welcome! We don't bite, I promise. Any updates for us?
Deborah -- Isn't that always it with AF? Waiting sucks. Hopefully the testing goes smoothly this time.
Daisy -- Good Luck! I would totally start testing at 6 days post day 6 transfer. I think that is as early as you will get anything anyway. For tests, do you have a Dollar Tree or similar near you? Their tests seem to work just fine and are cheap.
rcr -- It is exciting that you are starting soon! In your shoes, I would just call the old clinic and try to schedule; it seems like the easiest option. Hopefully AF will show up soon so you can stop worrying about that.
toothfairy2be -- Welcome! I just wanted to say that I am Catholic as well, and well, I'm here too. I looked into it some and ended up with Opinions on the Church's stance on ART. My first IVF was on the long lupron protocol; I think that for those of us who are relatively young it is a common protocol.
Sourire -- That is depressing. Ugh.post #256 of 76210/11/12 at 7:39pmThread Starterpost #257 of 76210/12/12 at 4:20ampost #258 of 76210/12/12 at 6:12amThread Starterpost #259 of 76210/12/12 at 7:40ampost #260 of 76210/12/12 at 10:02am
Wow, I feel like I am kinda behind. I always get the updates on my email but just haven't had a chance to post but know I'm always stalking and cheering you all on!!!! I'm sure I will miss some but I'm just able to look up from this last page.
Devilish - Welcome!!! I'm confused... how are they using Clomid w/ your IVF?? Is this just for a test before you have an IVF?????? Hope it all goes well!!
Sourire & rcr - yay for AF starting and to get going w/ your next cycle!!!!
rcr - how are you feeling w/ the pneumonia and how is your mom and DH doing??? You have had a lot going on lately!! Doesn't it feel good to be getting the ball rolling w/ your next IVF cycle and setting up the hotel and what not!! Fingers crossed so hard that this is your time!!!!!!
Daisy - I think I normally would test like a few days before my beta was due when I was in the process.
Deborah - Hope AF shows her ugly face so you can get things moving too!
Toothfairy - Welcome!!! All the politics about religion and IVF kinda bother me. I'm not Cathollic but Prodestant and I always kinda worried about that stuff too. In my opinion which i'm sure some of the people in the church might not agree w/ is that even if you do an IVF they put those embryos back in you and then it is all in God's hands if it is going to implant or not. I was going to a no kill type of clinic so that wasn't an issue. I hope you can feel content w/ it and wish you the best luck!!!!
Hi to everyone else!!!
- How Your Male Partner May Be Contributing To Your Delay In...
- › My daughters BMI is below 1%? 4 minutes ago
- › Unassisted in Canada? 7 minutes ago
- › Nursing my 2.5 year old who is driving me crazy! And H is telling... 8 minutes ago
- › Rabies Protocol? 8 minutes ago
- › Birthing Stool 10 minutes ago
- › Pregnancy Photo Contest Sponsored by Sacred Pregnancy, Nordic... 11 minutes ago
- › insurance reimbursement tooo much?! 20 minutes ago
- › Visanne and period after stopping 20 minutes ago
- › ~*~ The TTC ONE Thread~*~ March 2014 22 minutes ago
- › 2 1/2 yo. bit nipple and now is not sleeping without it 33 minutes ago
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › Low Prep Art Projects for Kids by AmandaK
- › 8 Ways Natural Birth Helps With Breastfeeding by Sarah Clark
- › Probiotics and Your Little Ones by JenniO11
- › The Debate Over Handheld Devices for Babies... by Marcy Axness
- › Preparing your Child to Attend a... by OliviaHinebaugh
- › Am I A Bad Mother or Has Africa Run Out of... by BrainChild
- › Your Two-Year-Old Knows Squatting is Better by Melanie Mayo
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild